Abandoned cars and barn finds picture thread!!!!!

• Thread starter Cano
  • 2,165 comments
Ah, dah. Tree'd. Rare Sonoramic Wedge from the early 60s, pretty cool looking engoines, altough they were not that fast. Stupid rare today, and you wouldn't believe the prices of those log manifolds...

Ah, dah. Tree'd. Rare Sonoramic Wedge from the early 60s, pretty cool looking engoines, altough they were not that fast. Stupid rare today, and you wouldn't believe the prices of those log manifolds...

I know. What about the rest of those HEMI engines, all 50's blocks. All complete.

Edit: It was a Desoto engine block. TurboFlash.

I was reading through this thinking how great it would be to find something like this. Then it hit me that my uncle has a late 80's early 90's Honda Prelude outside his house that hasn't moved in probably 10 years.
Also remembered my granda has a few Morris Minors in a shed. All striped to bare shells but in perfect condition. They might not have seen light in 20 years.
Will try to get photos up.

Also remembered my granda has a few Morris Minors in a shed. All striped to bare shells but in perfect condition. They might not have seen light in 20 years.
Will try to get photos up.

A FEW? Like this maybe?
Morris_Row2.jpg

yup, pics of that.

Been a while since I last posted pics here, bad.

abandoned_car_by_daenuprobst-d4h94hm.jpg

6a00d8341bf8f353ef0134827e7327970c-800wi

93_Hayward_Abandoned_Cars-1.jpg

3698701876_8967011ef0.jpg

this is beautiful:
abandoned%20vehicle%20tow%20home.jpg

yeah...
1590198_600.jpg

SuperStock_1570R-120542.jpg

look at that got damn:
4+City+Places%252C+Abandoned+Car+IMG_4337.JPG

This is truly odd:
3903971152_bb56923e8c_b.jpg

and finally, this 1904 Mercedes Sports Tourer, from this in 1950:
scanned_photo-9-7_edited.jpg

To it's 2.25 million shape in 2006:
04_Mercedes_40-45_SportsTourr_DV-06-GCPB_04.jpg

Does anyone know what this is ?

Noup. I'v e seen that pic several times while looking for cars to post here and I don't have an idea.

Also, that Super Bee crushes my heart, that is the EXACT muscle car I want when I win the lottery, I love that twin-grille front-end. In fact, I had some money down already on a base 1970 Coronet, but some dude came money-in-cash and offered the owner more than he had asked me for it. So there went my car. Then life intervened, I got married and there hasn't been disposable income for a project that big. But some day.

And also, that Ferrari Barcheta is in the first post of this thread (:

Also, that Super Bee crushes my heart, that is the EXACT muscle car I want when I win the lottery, I love that twin-grille front-end. In fact, I had some money down already on a base 1970 Coronet, but some dude came money-in-cash and offered the owner more than he had asked me for it. So there went my car. Then life intervened, I got married and there hasn't been disposable income for a project that big. But some day.

That really happened to you? Man I can't even imagine how upset I would be if something similar happened to me. I mean it's great that you got married and such, probably way better than getting a car, but that would still suck a lot.

That really happened to you? Man I can't even imagine how upset I would be if something similar happened to me. I mean it's great that you got married and such, probably way better than getting a car, but that would still suck a lot.

Yes, and it was even worse because I know where the car ended up after this guy took it away. It lives relatively near my house now, the guy slapped in a horrible set of wheels, half-car side pipes and painted it white with badly done "Super Bee" quarter decoration. It now sits on two flats, covered in dust. Not for sale.

So this lives in the village where I grew up, it's a 1968 Morris Minor 1000. I know for sure it hasn't moved in at least 25 years. Just left on some ones front lawn, the house has been abandoned for some time too, thought I'd take some pics... I

IMG_3473.jpg

IMG_3475.jpg

IMG_3476.jpg

IMG_3478.jpg

IMG_3480.jpg

IMG_3481.jpg

IMG_3489.jpg

^

Little village called Flecknoe on the Warwickshire/Northamptonshire border.

The car can be seen here - it's the white blob infront of the house on the corner.

^

The car can be seen here - it's the white blob infront of the house on the corner.

Very cool! Even posting it off on google Maps, awesome Matsi. I'm contemplating it on street view right now 👍

^

Got you thanks real shame how does someone park a car up then leave it for 25 years very odd.:odd:

WHOOOAAA :0

Roczx, info on that place? It's amazing, there's jewells everywhere! Heck, even the wheels in the Porsche pic are rare Empis. Dat split window! and OMFFFFFFFFFFFG THE TATRAAAAAAAA

LINK!!! MOAR PICS!! MOAARRR

I see. Such a shame, the place is spectacular.

Anyway, let's post moar.

take your pick:
20110621_7719-Small.jpg

20110621_7709-Small.jpg

20110621_7716-Small.jpg

20110621_7715-Small.jpg

that parkwood wagon, damn...
20110621_7712-Small.jpg

Here's your Mercury Cyclone Spoiler Cale Yarboroguh Special:
IMG_0011-Small.jpg

Or a Dan Gurney, your choice:
IMG_0006-Small.jpg

Or if you fancy rarer blue oval muscle...
4186079494_c0bb2b30bf.jpg

4185320731_f6d96a90f4.jpg

4185320701_8659d41313.jpg

100_2582-small.jpg

100_2584-small.jpg

img_3581-small.JPG

check out that cool panel paint job; real SS too:
4148425198_d7187aa8cb.jpg

^
The Trans Am in the 1st pic looks out of place

I didn't notice the Trans Am until you pointed it out.:dunce: It really does look out of place.

Also Cano, I'll take the Cale Yarboroguh Special Mercury Cyclone, thanks.

Didn't they use these in the old Leman's races?

EDIT: Kinda looks like the Porsche 908 but the headlights are different.

It's a Lola.

Also:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FERR...8?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2a0f9188dc#v4-38

This is a great website for all things abandoned:
http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=63817&highlight=cars

Something a bit different. All these nearly new cars sat here since the early 90's:
http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=68631&highlight=cars

Last edited:
Get me that Malibu SS, you know how rare those are. The chevy II Nova SS is what I really want but that thing is just as good to me.

Seeing all those Ferrari like that is really sad:(
They look like some sort of test vehicles or race cars.

Chrysler Airflow
hpim1620kh2.jpg

????
p1020595.jpg

Back