◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,668 comments
Speaking of Monday night racing. Any SNAILS that are interested and would like to won prizes, please let me know in a pm or follow the link in the Monday mayhem post. Just follow the link in the op to the weekday events.

In case you haven't seen this post ;) the S.N.A.I.L. Advance Notice Policy directly affects relegation.

We had discussed dropping a few more drivers from Division 1 to Division 2 and also from Division 2 to Division 3 to level the rooms out. But, thanks to some great recruiting by Oshawa and zer05ive that was not necessary, thank you for promoting our club 👍

Good racing tomorrow as always 👍

N.B. I did not have to employ the new Division 3 promotion rule, as everyone eligible for promotion was a Seasoned S.N.A.I.L. :)

It was just the one shot.... and it was Patron silver...

I'm all for good tequila. I just remember one night when I had a single glass of wine. About an hour and a half later I raced (I think it was a practice night). I couldn't feel the wine–until I raced. Then I really could tell that I was just that bit slower.

It was interesting, anyway.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

We have several levels of incidents, each with their own point penalty ranges. This will allow us to better penalize people based on the scope of the incident. The levels are as follows:

Level 1: A bump. This is more than "incidental" contact. Some incidents not including direct contact may also be considered a penalty at this level. Likely this was just an accident or lapse of concentration that created an incident. 1-4 Point Penalty

Level 2: A shove. This may be the result of carrying too much speed into a corner or braking too late, causing moderate to major contact. A lack of situational awareness may have been at fault. 5-8 Point Penalty

Level 3: The offending driver was likely too aggressive in a pass, creating a situation where his car met another at a drastic difference in speed. This incident showed a lack of good racecraft. 9-12 Point Penalty

Level 4: This is an incident from which complete recovery is realistically impossible. The offending driver likely came on an overtly aggressive line or made a move that directly put others in jeopardy. There was no intent to impede or cause an incident, but the driver clearly showed a lack of judgment and a disregard for the tenets of good racecraft. 13-16 Point Penalty

Level 5: A particularly egregious incident. Intention may be believed or even known. Incidents of this caliber are race-ending and reputation-scarring. 17+ Point Penalty. This level of penalty would require extensive discussions by the Stewards and the guilty party, and would be open to any penalties as we see fit.

- Any of these penalties except for level 5 could be halved with the proper concession after the fact during the race.
- These levels are guidelines for us and you, and other penalties may be assessed as deemed necessary.
- Each of these penalties will bring about a probation period based on the level. A level 1 penalty will bring a 1 week probation period, level 2 brings 2 weeks, etc. The probation period doubles the effect of any incurred penalties.
- Multiple penalties in one week will be added to create a longer probation period: i.e. Level 1 + Level 3 penalties = 4 week probation.
- A maximum 6 week probation period can be incurred. At this point, the Stewards and the penalized racer will need to have a conversation.
- Multiple penalties during one week will not double the penalty points for that week.

Penalties for ghosting violations, or for cutting corner or going four wheels off track to gain an advantage can be reported directly to the Steward by any driver witnessing the problem without talking to the other driver first.

Stewards have the ability to assess penalties that are found during race reviewing, but we will not actively look for things to penalize.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

In addition, I would like to announce the new S.N.A.I.L. OLR!

This is, in many respects, identical to the GTP OLR, with the new parts highlighted in green. Some parts have changed, but the general tenets of racecraft have not.

Read it. Learn it. Live it.

Green text highlights the differences between this and the GTP OLR.

The S.N.A.I.L. OLR

01: S.N.A.I.L. OLR General Rules:

A:
These rules are subject to change as there are constant updates/changes coming out for GT5, it is your responsibility to update yourself on the changes. The Stewards will post in the thread when a change has been made and what the change entails.

B:
All drivers are expected to make themselves familiar with the racing rules before entering any race or competition. If you stumble across a rule that is unclear to you, make sure you fully understand that rule before you enter the race or competition. You can post your questions in the S.N.A.I.L. thread.

C:
You are expected to compete in a fair and honest manner. Fair and honest means according to the S.N.A.I.L. online racing rules, not according to your own interpretation of fair and honest.

D:
You are expected to drive responsibly in a way that’s not likely to ruin the racing enjoyment of your fellow drivers.

E:
You are expected not to submit to bad general behaviour under all circumstances.

F:
Try to maintain a generally affable nature with the rest of the group; both in the thread and on the game. Some friendly rib-jabbing is expected. This isn't church.

G:
You are expected to behave like sporting gentlemen and women at all times.

H:
The position of other drivers must always be respected.

I:
Aggressive driving is strictly prohibited.

J:
Cutting the chicanes or "shorting" the track at any point is strictly prohibited on all parts of the track, including the asphalt-areas in behind out-of track-lines. Track specific boundaries will be clarified for certain tracks if it is not generally obvious.

K:
If a driver wants to retire from a race, the driver concerned must not exit the race. The driver must find a position on the track where the driver will not endanger other drivers, park their car by coming to a complete stop and turning on the emergency brake and wait for the race to end. If you do not come to a full stop and turn on the brake your car may drive on by itself

L:
No careless driving. Always show respect for your fellow racers. Be careful. Show some patience. Understand the limitations of your car and yourself and drive accordingly. Driving online in a racing sim is NOT exactly the same as real life racing in every respect. Familiarity with the car and track is expected. Do not go into a Sunday night without having practiced and expect to be able to late brake or make other aggressive maneuvers without incident.

M:
If you are found guilty of any of these rules, the behaviour will be evaluated and penalty assessed by the Race Stewards as per the penalty system..

N:
When racing or entering a S.N.A.I.L. Sunday night race, all racers are expected to have fully broken in cars with a fresh oil change. All racers' cars should have the same horsepower, PP and tires.

02: Event Participation:

A:
If for any reason you know prior to a race you’ll be unable to attend, please advise by posting on the thread as soon as possible. An advanced notice of 24 hours is expected. Notices inside of 24 hours are still expected. If you fail to note your absence at all, you may be putting yourself first in line for relegation.

B:
As a general rule, if there isn’t a stated rule, then the rules as they are within a program will apply - both intentional and coincidental. I.e. the way a matter is handled by a racing program is the way that it will be interpreted by the Race Stewards.

03: Pit Etiquette:

A:
Cars on the race track have right-of-way over cars entering the race track from the pits. You have to take care not to interfere with other drivers on the track. Swerving in front of upcoming cars is not allowed.

04: Rules Governing Car Contact:

A:
Contacts and collisions must be avoided at all costs.

B:
Pushing other cars in turns or pushing them off the track is strictly prohibited.

C:
Leaning on other cars is strictly prohibited in any situation.

D:
Some contact through a corner or through a pass may not be avoidable and may be deemed "incidental" should it not appear to affect the likely outcome of the section in question

05: Running into the car ahead of you:

A:
The behind driver must take all necessary care and responsibility not to run into an ahead driver.

B:
In case you brake too late for a corner or partially lose control of your car, you must do your best to avoid making the loss of control into a bigger incident. Some contact may be avoidable in these situations, but you are expected to minimize the impact of it to the best of your ability. Accidents may happen.

C:
The ahead driver must not do any malicious or inappropriate braking or slowing. Leading cars MUST NOT EVER 'brake check' the car(s) behind them because they are following too closely. The ahead driver IS entitled to be slower or use longer and earlier braking zones than others. They are also entitled to turn in earlier or later and/or apex earlier or later.

06: Contact Concessions:

A:
If there is contact between drivers that results in the guilty driver making up places on the innocent driver, the guilty driver should immediately allow the innocent driver to pass freely to re-establish their position. This rule should be observed, even if it means the guilty driver has to allow drivers not involved in the incident to pass while waiting for the driver they contacted.

B:
If the appropriate contact concession is carried out by the guilty driver then they may avoid or reduce the severity of any penalties that might otherwise apply as per the S.N.A.I.L. penalty system.

C:
If the appropriate contact concession is not carried out by the guilty party then greater penalties would apply.

D:
If you have to slow down to let the other player through, move out of the racing line first before you slow down. Coming to a full stop is not allowed, just continue at a lower pace out of the racing line until the other driver passes you again.

07: Corner Rights:

A:
When approaching the turn/apex of turn, the car which "holds" the inner side of turn has entrance-advantage and other driver(s) must refrain from endangering him by his actions.

B:
You must establish substantial overlap with the car ahead before they reach the corner’s turn-in point to have the right to drive up their inside, or to expect them to leave inside room for you. At least the front of your car should be up to the driver’s position in the ahead car. The ahead driver has the right to be fully committed to the racing line of their choice without any interference if there was no substantial overlap before he turned in.

C:
If sufficient overlap is established before the turn-in point, then the behind driver has the right to sufficient side room. The ahead driver must also leave sufficient side room for the behind driver. This means that each driver has a right to their respective "line", or side of the track, right up to the exit point. Neither driver should squeeze the other toward the inside or outside of the corner during the apex or exit.

D:
The turn in point is the point at which the leading car begins their turn into the corner–this may vary from the point at which you turn into the corner.

E:
If an ahead driver has clearly made an error to warrant a passing move, a behind driver may attack their position, with due caution and care, regardless of whether there was any pre-existing overlap. However, the overtaking driver must still avoid contact. Small errors by the ahead driver may not necessarily justify a passing move. The ahead driver getting a bit out of shape at times doesn’t give you an automatic right to force a pass. You still have to pass safely and without undue contact.

F:
Drivers are expected to set buttons up for side views as "I didn't see you" is not an excuse if you collide with another driver when racing.

08: Standing Start Guidelines:

A:
Additional caution and care must be taken when beginning a race with a standing start. All of the above rules in regard to contact apply during the start and first corner of the race.

B:
Be Patient. Begin the race at a normal pace that will not cause you to run into cars in front of you. Don't begin by steering to one side and attempting to barge through the pack. Conversely, don't begin at a slow pace that will make you an obstruction or barrier to cars behind you.

C:
Your goal on turn 1 should not be to get to the front, but rather to continue racing cleanly picking up one spot at a time. Look ahead more than one car. Due to field compression, a compact field will run slower through the first few turns than a spread out one. Leave some extra space, but not too much. Drivers behind you won't be expecting sudden braking. If you are behind a few cars in line, be prepared to brake extra early for a turn, as each car will be braking a bit farther back on the track than the one in front of it in order to avoid contact.

D:
A racer who runs into you may have been punted. Don't automatically assume malicious intent.

E:
All of the rules in regard to contact concession apply if you knock a racer off track during the start of the race. If you cause a wreck, you are required to wait for all players who go off track as a result, regardless of whether you contacted them directly or not. If you are involved in a wreck which you did not cause, you are not required to wait

9: Defensive Driving:

A:
Leading cars have the right to choose their own line down a straight. They can change their racing line once while driving down a straight (Move from the outside line to the inside, or vice versa). As they approach the next corner, they can return to the racing line of their choice. However, they are not allowed to change their line when the behind driver is directly behind and changes his line to try and make a pass. If your movement causes an accident, you are responsible.

B:
Leading cars have the right to take their line of choice through corners. I.e. they may drive a defensive line around the inside of a corner to protect their position, thereby forcing an attacking driver to try to pass around the outside. This is not blocking and is part of normal racing etiquette. In fact, apart from the restrictions of rule 10:A, a leading driver can drive any line which they feel is the most inconvenient for any following car to try to pass them.

C:
Drivers that are about to get lapped have to make sure not to interfere with the lapping cars. The driver being lapped should stay on the racing line but slow down just enough to allow the lead driver an easy pass. Keep your racing line predictable and try to stay out of the way.

10: Group Battle:

A:
When approaching a battle with 2 or more cars, be extra careful since those cars can change driving lines quickly when trying to defend/overtake. The cars in front will already be driving close, so finding a good overtaking spot is much harder. The same rules apply as when overtaking a single car.

B:
If you cause a crash in a group battle wait for all the effected drivers who were in front or/and driving next to you and let them get past. This doesn't include affected drivers who were driving behind you.

C:
When a crash occurs in a group battle, it’s vital to minimize risks for additional crashes. Slow down if needed, and try to drive on the clear side of the track. Overtaking is still allowed, but only under 1 or more of these conditions:
• The risk of hitting other cars is minimal.
• You overtake to avoid crashing into cars in front of you.
• Slowing down would make you a mobile obstruction for other cars.

D:
When you get 'locked up' in a group battle on the straights, you are not allowed to bump the driver in front of you in order to free yourself out of that situation. Stay behind that driver or move sideways as soon as there's sufficient room to do so. This rule does not restrict bump drafting.

11: Initial Fault:

A:
If you make a significant driving error and another driver or drivers attempts to capitalize on it, they have the right to do so. Do not try to collide or retaliate because of your error.

For Example: If you go wide at a corner and a close behind car tries to take advantage of this by moving up the inside, you should leave room for them, whether or not they had overlap going into the corner. They must also leave you room. This rule doesn't apply to small errors that don't affect the speed, direction and outcome. This is a bit of a grey area and requires good judgment on both parts.

B:
You can always protest after the race if you think you’ve been wronged by notifying the Division Steward and the other racer/s via Private Message ONLY. Do not flood the forum with he said, she said business or we will throw out your protest.

12: Ghost Cars:

A:
A ghost car is any car that is transparent and/or flickering transparent.

B:
If your car is a ghost car, you take on the responsibilities of the following "Recovering from an incident" and "Re-entering to the track after running off" topics as you are at fault. You also give the correct driving line to the non-ghosted cars (taking a turn wide so others can pass on the inside). Do not return to the driving line if possible until your car is back to the normal state. This may be hard to tell if you use bumper cam, but do your utmost to determine your state. Naturally, if you are serving a penalty, assume you are ghosted.

C:
If you are approaching one or more ghost cars on the track, you must avoid any contact with them at all as they may return to a normal state immediately. Then the contact would be your fault and in turn you may become a ghost car and have to make room for others while you car slows due to the penalty. Passing through a ghost car that is not entirely out of control in an effort to pass them will bring a penalty.

D:
If your car becomes a ghost, you are not permitted to overtake other non-ghosted cars. If you happen to overtake a car while being a ghost, you must return to your original position safely.

E:
If your car is a ghost you are not allowed to intentionally drive through other cars, just as they are not allowed to drive through you. In short, all cars on the track should be considered solid, no matter what state the game displays them.

13: Recovering from an incident:

A:
It is the responsibility of the driver recovering from any incident to take all necessary care to not interfere with any cars still on the track and not part of the incident. A relevant incident may include, but is not limited to -
• Being spun out
• Facing the wrong way,
• Perpendicular to the track
• Going abnormally slow for where you are on the track.
• Getting penalized for any amount of time by the penalty system

If you are off the track then the rules on "Re-entering to the track after running off" apply.

B:
In the event that your car turns to a 'ghost car' you assume the responsibility of avoiding hazards at all costs, refer to 13-B.

14: Re-entering to the track after running off:

A:
It is the responsibility of the car returning to the track to ensure there are no collisions so that no other drivers have to maneuver or brake suddenly to allow you to resume racing. If there's a chance of a collision, wait and be patient as other drivers have the right of way.

B:
An off track incident includes:
• Being stuck or pinned to a wall or railing.
• More than two tires leaving the track at any one time
• Any situation where the car may lose control and create cross traffic

C:
Do not reverse back onto the track unless it is necessary. If you are backing up away from a wall first look around you to avoid a collision and as the collision would be your fault.

D:
Re-enter the track parallel to the road, slowly and gently, and always with great care. This gives you the best opportunity to see what’s coming up the track behind you, and it also gives drivers coming up on you the best chance to orientate themselves to your situation.

15: Track Boundaries:

A:
Colliding with or using walls, fences or other obstacle is forbidden, whether time is gained or not.

B:
Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the track/circuit which includes the rumble strips and footpaths, but not grassed areas.

C:
All green areas are not part of the track unless otherwise stated by the Stewards prior to the race.

D:
Curbs, sidewalks/pavements are not part of the track unless otherwise stated.

E:
Tarmac/Asphalt or any other kind of surface mentioned above that are situated beyond the normal limits of the track, Run-off areas for example, are not part of the track unless otherwise stated.

F:
Any kind of rumble strip made of concrete, stone etc are part of the track unless otherwise stated.

G:
Tarmac/Asphalt partially covered with dirt or sand are part of the track unless otherwise stated.

H:
You must not use any cheats or bugs in the game. The use of cheats or bugs affecting the cars performance is forbidden.

I:
The use of external cheats is forbidden.

J:
The use of shortcuts which are based on bugs in the game is prohibited. The fact that the game will allow you to take shortcuts does not account for a valid run.

K:
Any other way of cheating we haven't thought of is forbidden.

16: Qualifying:

A:
Qualifying is not racing. Drivers should space out amply early on their out lap to completely avoid other racers and the effects of them.

B:
Drafting during qualifying is forbidden.

C:
If you have an off or are slowed during qualifying, it is your responsibility to maintain proper distance from the car behind you or pull over and wait for another gap before continuing on.

D:
In short, it is the ahead driver's responsibility to make sure that they are not so close to the behind driver that they can draft off of you.

17: Complaints:

All complaints relating to a racing incident must follow this procedure:
1. Contact the driver concerned and the Division Steward through PM.
2. Discuss in a manner that is constructive.

3. Name PM subject title 'Racing Complaint'
4. Supply Members PSN_Tag
5. Supply Round and Race of the incident
6. Supply Lap, Turn, and race time of the incident

7. Supply Details and any other relevant information relating to the incident

A driver has 24 hours to bring up a racing incident. The Stewards will review the incident and make a final decision no more than 48 hours after the race.

Last edited:
Yea, I have made the mistake (when I first started the league) of having a couple of beers during the races. :crazy: I wasn't lit by any means but it noticeably dulled my senses and what was worse is that half way through I had to go to the bathroom so bad I couldn't concentrate on the race... Since then, I have kept cocktail hour to after racing is over!

I made a tweak to the driver's list. Unbeknownst to me Naruto did not have access to the D2 lounge last week. He has been move back up to Division 2.

The countdown has started, 3, 2, 1 race on! Charging for the first corner, you start your turn in and all of a sudden you're facing the other direction, been awarded a penalty or stuck in a gravel trap.

Ahhhh, the start, such a good rush of adrenalin or the source of heartache. Knowing and following the Standing Start Guidelines will reduce incidents in the first corner.

After all who wants to be out of the race 10 seconds into it???

Have a great race tonight everyone!

08: Standing Start Guidelines:

A: Additional caution and care must be taken when beginning a race with a standing start. All of the above rules in regard to contact apply during the start and first corner of the race.

B: Be Patient. Begin the race at a normal pace that will not cause you to run into cars in front of you. Don't begin by steering to one side and attempting to barge through the pack. Conversely, don't begin at a slow pace that will make you an obstruction or barrier to cars behind you.

C: Your goal on turn 1 should not be to get to the front, but rather to continue racing cleanly picking up one spot at a time. Look ahead more than one car. Due to field compression, a compact field will run slower through the first few turns than a spread out one. Leave some extra space, but not too much. Drivers behind you won't be expecting sudden braking. If you are behind a few cars in line, be prepared to brake extra early for a turn, as each car will be braking a bit farther back on the track than the one in front of it in order to avoid contact.

D: A racer who runs into you may have been punted. Don't automatically assume malicious intent.

E: All of the rules in regard to contact concession apply if you knock a racer off track during the start of the race. If you cause a wreck, you are required to wait for all players who go off track as a result, regardless of whether you contacted them directly or not. If you are involved in a wreck which you did not cause, you are not required to wait

Last edited:
I do have a few questions on this, just so I/we are all clear on it.

Level 1: A bump. This is more than "incidental" contact. Some incidents not including direct contact may also be considered a penalty at this level. Likely this was just an accident or lapse of concentration that created an incident. 1-4 Point Penalty

Care to explain this a bit more? Im sure im not thinking "Out-side-the-box on this one. Like if i "Bump" into JLBowler, which bumps into Bronco, my direct contact was with JLBowler, not Bronco, but i "might" get a penalty for non direct contact with bronco?

Penalties for ghosting violations, or for cutting corner or going four wheels off track to gain an advantage can be reported directly to the Steward by any driver witnessing the problem without talking to the other driver first.

This is the part were i have a problem, in the past I have reported Corner-cutters/going 4 off to gain an advantage. To me (and I would like to think everyone else), if you corner cut (4 wheel off), you ARE gaining an advantage, unless you apply the brakes/reduce your speed to make up for your Mistake.
Lets take Spa for example since it was recent. The long sweeping left hander, several drivers would run 4-off there, which is a corner cut, right? Extending the boundries of the track by our rules (rumble strips/white line, unless otherwise notified).

Lets say we have Driver A, Driver B, and Driver C, separated by 4 seconds each on track. Driver A runs the corner (in question above) cleanly, maintaining the 4 second gap from Driver B. Driver B, going in to fast, drives 4 off/corner cut, and back on track to maintain his 4 second gap from Driver A. Driver C drives it cleanly, and is also able to maintain the 4 second gap from Driver B.

Does anyone NOT see an advantage here? If driver B, had slowed to correctly make the corner without 4 off/corner cut he would be at a Disadvantage, losing time to Driver A and allowing Driver C to catch up. Instead Driver B HAS the advantage, keeping up his speed, and staying in the chase.

According to the "rules" that i have heard, it seems only if you (noticeably) gain time on the driver ahead/behind your given a penalty. If your watch the replay and at a 4+ second gap, can you really tell if the 3/4 or 1 second he made up by not having to slow down, to take the turn correctly, from your point of view? The driver surely would know, by the split times, but you (Stewards) would not.

Why not make it simple on the drivers and Stewards, if you go 4 off/corner cut, you are to reduce your speed. If you dont = penalty. As a driver here at S.N.A.I.L. you are expected to know the car and track by Sunday right? Then you should know if your 4 off/corner cutting too, its really not that hard to tell. If your within the white line/rumble strips your fine, but if your pushing the edge, riding the strips/lines your might be cutting, but if your outside the lines by 2-3 FEET, and you KEEP on the gas. Thats an Advantage.

The S.N.A.I.L. OLR
J:
Cutting the chicanes or "shorting" the track at any point is strictly prohibited on all parts of the track, including the asphalt-areas in behind out-of track-lines. Track specific boundaries will be clarified for certain tracks if it is not generally obvious.

Cutting the chicanes or "shorting" the track at any point is strictly prohibited on all parts of the track, but yet the Stewards only look for when an advantage is gained(?). Its like your saying one thing, and doing another.
Please clarify.

K:
If a driver wants to retire from a race, the driver concerned must not exit the race. The driver must find a position on the track where the driver will not endanger other drivers, park their car by coming to a complete stop and turning on the emergency brake and wait for the race to end. If you do not come to a full stop and turn on the brake your car may drive on by itself

If i may suggest, instead of waiting on the track, would it be better to have the driver go into the pit lane, and when it shows tire selections, the driver presses "START" and just lets it sit there. If an out of control car somehow finds said "Parked driver", he will then disengage the parking brake, and roll onto the track being a danger for all drivers.

Last edited:
To stay in the pits, one must hit the Start button. The tire selection screen will clear itself.

To stay in the pits, one must hit the Start button. The tire selection screen will clear itself.

If you go to the pits and don't hit the OK button to perform the pitstop, tire change and fuel up, you remain in the pits and I think out of the way.

Not sure if everyone has come across this, but there are a couple of possible replay bugs. 1 is that it replays may not show proper tires used. A few leagues have stopped trying to use 2 tire rules where drivers are required to use 2 different tire compounds. Replays from different stewards have shown drivers using different compounds depending on the replay being reviewed. The other bug is ghosting. I believe that replays don't record the correctly ghosted car 100% of the time. I'm aware of 3 situations that will ghost a car. 1- a penalty, the car slows down and ghosts. 2- being lapped, car will be ghosted, 3- car is out of control, usually involves a car with screeching tires and drastic change in speed. I have see situation #3 where the car in front is out of control and ghosts, but the replay shows the car in control as the ghost. Just an FYI. Replays need to be looked at very carefully to make sure what is being seen actually makes sense.

Mopar, and anyone else with the same questions. My understanding of the direct contact language applies to reentering the track unsafely or a divebomb type move. If driver A was to reenter unsafely and driver B had to take evasive action to avoid them, that could be construed as a penalty. There is no direct contact between the two cars, but driver A has violated the rules.

As for the four offs and corner cutting. The corner cutting is pretty cut and dry. If you cut and don't slow down, I would be assesing a penalty. The run-off areas are a little more complicated. The run-off area is called a run-off area for a reason. If you miss the corner and use the run-off area to make the turn then we have to look to see if there is any gain. If the only advantage the driver using the run-off gains is the fact that they don't wreck, then that is the purpose of the run-off area. Using Spa as the example, if I run wide (and I have) I make it a point to lift until I'm back to the rumble strips and then make sure I'm not going to pull back on in front of someone. This is what everyone should be doing anytime you leave the track surface.

Hi, I signed up earlier in the year but was force to pull out. I would like to know whether or not I would be able to hop back in now that my schedule is as free as a bird :D. LR-L2L-xDriFtZz

On the 4 wheels off...

I admit I am not very skilled. Sometimes I begin to lose control (like in the long left at Spa), and all 4 slide out.

I try to get em back in ASAP, but haven't been slowing down extra extra... Enough to hop back into the line, not more. I can assure you I am not trying to abuse this. I simply want to be sure that I am trying to Do The Right Thing. I am fairly sure I lose time when I go 4 off and slew back to the track, but I want to be sure.

See y'all tonight.

On the 4 wheels off...

I admit I am not very skilled. Sometimes I begin to lose control (like in the long left at Spa), and all 4 slide out.

I try to get em back in ASAP, but haven't been slowing down extra extra... Enough to hop back into the line, not more. I can assure you I am not trying to abuse this. I simply want to be sure that I am trying to Do The Right Thing. I am fairly sure I lose time when I go 4 off and slew back to the track, but I want to be sure.

See y'all tonight.

Just lift enough to get back on and make sure you don't come back on and hinder someone else's progress. You are, at that point, reentering the track and need to abide by those rules.

I'm having a slight problem with the 63 corvette. I keep changing from the customized LSD to the standard but for some reason it's not saving the preference. Every time I go back to the drivetrain it has customized selected, even if standard was what was selected in the menu before I exited last.

If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know! I'm worried I won't be able to join the track if tuning is prohibited because of this glitch.

Edit: After messing with it for a bit I finally got it to join a tuning prohibited room.

Last edited:
thats because there is no standard diff. The glitch is that it should only show the LSD. if you have any issues getting on track, and haven't upgraded anything on it, then you should be able to all of the settings and hit default. that usually fixes about 95% of the "tuning prohibited" issues when trying to enter the track. However, I have found that if you do a bunch of non permanent mods (ie. intake, exhaust, etc.) then you run the chance of not being able to run that car at all, like you did an engine or weight tune. So I stopped upgrading to win the enduros with my bob on break in.

Hi, I signed up earlier in the year but was force to pull out. I would like to know whether or not I would be able to hop back in now that my schedule is as free as a bird :D. LR-L2L-xDriFtZz

I've just just granted you access to the D3 lounge. Feel free to race tonight if you've already got the three cars for tonight and have them broken-in. kcheeb will give you a more proper greeting when he's able to.

Hey I'm interested in joining SNAIL now I have enough free time to do it

I tried to grant you access as well, but your friends list is maxed out.

I don't know about the other divisions, but D3 is having some connection issues. If you are in D3, please be patient.

Latest Posts

Back