"USB Trick"?

• Thread starter Joeanator
  • 26 comments
Australia
Australia
Joeanator5
I'm aware of this trick that some people do when they redeem gift car tickets, by overwriting the saved memory on ur PS3 with a previous point in the game when you are looking for a specific car that you want. I'm interested by this, so can somebody please tell me how to do this? I mean, when do I quit the game, do I erase the old save file? etc... Help much appreciated :cheers:

When you have the unopened ticket that you want, exit the game. Then, under 'saved game utilities', copy your game to a USB stick. (Using O button.) Resart your game, open your ticket & if it's not what you want, exit & go back to 'saved game utilities'. Then go to your USB save & copy to your PS3. Repeat until you get what you want. :)

Easy:

1: copy your save data to a USB stick/key

2: start the game and do what you have to, then exit the game

3: on the Xmb menu (or what on a pc would be desktop) go to the save data files, open the USB folder and copy your save data back on the PS3

It's as simple as that :)

Joeanator
So you don't delete the old GT5 save file, you just overwrite it? Sounds too easy ;)

Basically you delete it when you overwrite it :) but yeah, it's very easy

Yes duplicating 👍 and i keep an alt account with a cache of paints, ticket's and tuning parts also so you dont need to pay for all the expensive stuff :D although i dont dupe parts anymore since i cant seem to keep my main account under 15 mill.

You don't even need a USB stick for this now, as long as you only have 1 ticket in your garage (works best with just 1). Go to your delivery truck, use square to open the ticket instead of X, wait for the ticket to be opened and don't press anything after it has. If it is not the car you want, quit immediately to the XMB and simply reload the game, because the game did not save opening the ticket this way it will be in your truck still when the game reloads.

Wow, even simpler. I've seen that square "opens all", but what difference does it make when opening a ticket?

When you use square, it just brings up a fancy box, shows you the car and the colour but crucially it does not save the game so like I say, if it's the wrong car quit straight away to the XMB and reload the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NQw1A05QOc

Watch that, he does the same thing.

Yes, but how many people only have 1 ticket in their delivery truck?

Me, I keep all tickets on seperate accounts if anyone wants one, when I get a ticket on my main account then it comes in very handy doing it this way.

Or you can use an alt acount.

Indeed, if you don't own a USB stick and still want to have a proper backup. Create a second PSN account on the same ps3.
Go to the 'saved game utilities' as mentioned before, now select the savegame to copy and then the "other created user" as destination.

Once you think you need to restore the backup, login on the other account and copy it back 👍

this thread is very helpful! haha you gave me an idea for the F1 2007 and 2J (once available). thanks OP and the respondents. 👍

You don't even need a USB stick for this now, as long as you only have 1 ticket in your garage (works best with just 1). Go to your delivery truck, use square to open the ticket instead of X, wait for the ticket to be opened and don't press anything after it has. If it is not the car you want, quit immediately to the XMB and simply reload the game, because the game did not save opening the ticket this way it will be in your truck still when the game reloads.

So... Let's say I have 54 tickets... How do I open 1 ticket using square without selecting them all?

Saving to a usb drive is also VERY useful if somehow your GT5 data gets corrupted. I have two psn accounts, my main one is the WAGG name and the other is just a placeholder for tickets and paints etc. I have separate usb drives for both of the accounts.

yeah, upon reading the rest of the forums, i learned anything above 1M isn't allowed. :ouch:

yes you cannot duplicate those cars, as they are well above 1M, BUT you CAN duplicate the tickets from which they can come from. the Ferrari F2007 can come from a Level 24 ticket and the Chaparral 2J can come from both a 1970 ticket and a Level 23 ticket . Of course, there will also be other cars that can come from those tickets, so duping the tickets would give you a higher chance of getting the F2007 and 2J.

Last edited:
yes you cannot duplicate those cars, as they are well above 1M, BUT you CAN duplicate the tickets from which they can come from. the Ferrari F2007 can come from a Level 24 ticket and the Chaparral 2J can come from both a 1970 ticket and a Level 23 ticket . Of course, there will also be other cars that can come from those tickets, so duping the tickets would give you a higher chance of getting the F2007 and 2J.

i might try that. i have another account i can use for duping. thank you!👍

Latest Posts

Back