Announcing GTune 5 for iOS - Now supports ALL Cars & latest DLC

• Thread starter pgagoober
  • 419 comments
Just noticed the ads you put on the mobile app!

Yep - trying hard to get the word out. I'm hoping enough users put in iTunes reviews to get a rating soon. That should help move things in the right direction. Of course, word of mouth is the best advertising so feel free to tell all your friends, family, pets etc. just how fantastic the app is :D

Should buy it tomorrow when I get some money!

just bought it will give it a 5 star review soon.

Awesome - thanks so much guys.

Just finished grabbing the data I need to support the list of Standard Cars above. Got some more work to do to make sure I don't damage the app's car database when I add new cars but that should be pretty straightforward. Hopefully I'll be able to submit version 1.01 with support for those cars by the end of this week, possibly sooner.

Awesome - thanks so much guys.

Just finished grabbing the data I need to support the list of Standard Cars above. Got some more work to do to make sure I don't damage the app's car database when I add new cars but that should be pretty straightforward. Hopefully I'll be able to submit version 1.01 with support for those cars by the end of this week, possibly sooner.
Aw, no AE86? I'm sad now... not really, well kinda, but that's okay. :lol:

You were right about using the GT86 as the base for MR cars, I made an NSX-R basing it off of the GT86 and it's, well, great. Very, very fast and extremely stable, with mild understeer and a surprising lack of snap oversteer that MR cars try and kill me with. The car lapped a 1:33.1XX at Trial Mountain on SS tires. Hopefully I can get it into the mid-to-low 1:32's soon, I'm getting an HKS racing controller that should help shave a little time off the lap after getting used to.

I should give it a 5-star rating on the app store to help encourage more purchases.

~Turtle
turtle.gif

^ The AE86 will be added :) If you have any more on your wishlist just let me know.

Glad the MR tunes are working out. The main difference between the MR and FR cars is really the weight distribution, which the app factors in anyway.

I would really appreciate the rating in the App Store! Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Aw, no AE86? I'm sad now... not really, well kinda, but that's okay. :lol:

You were right about using the GT86 as the base for MR cars, I made an NSX-R basing it off of the GT86 and it's, well, great. Very, very fast and extremely stable, with mild understeer and a surprising lack of snap oversteer that MR cars try and kill me with. The car lapped a 1:33.1XX at Trial Mountain on SS tires. Hopefully I can get it into the mid-to-low 1:32's soon, I'm getting an HKS racing controller that should help shave a little time off the lap after getting used to.

I should give it a 5-star rating on the app store to help encourage more purchases.

~Turtle
turtle.gif

Just a tip for you. Those HKS controllers arn't all that great. Honestly, I would just stick to the regular PS3 controller.

Just a tip for you. Those HKS controllers arn't all that great. Honestly, I would just stick to the regular PS3 controller.
Well, It costs less than a regular controller so why not? I'm really just looking for more accurate throttle inputs, with L2 and R2 you have no throttle, fifty percent and full throttle. I don't know if the game is more sensitive to throttle inputs than braking input or if it would be my controller. Because with braking I can brake at 80 percent every time (Threshold braking) but the throttle is much more inconsistent.

I was just joking Pgagoober, really, I can wait for another update, you don't need to go out of your way to do it. I'm just a huge fanboy of Initial D. :lol:

~Turtle
turtle.gif

DannyBarisGT
Can I use the Toyota GT for the Ruf BTR&CTR aswell?

Absolutely, assuming you like the Toyota GT sample tune in the first place. Remember the app will try to make the RUFs handle in a similar manner.

You can use a RWD tune as the basis for generating new tunes for any other RWD car.

Version 1.01 has been submitted to Apple for review. It includes the list of standard cars mentioned above : https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7452196#post7452196

....and I also added:
Honda Mugen Motul Civic Si Race Car '87
Toyota Corolla Levin GT-Apex (AE86) '83

Here is a sneak peek at how the standard cars will show up the cars list :

StandardCarsList.jpg

I also fixed a bug where a new tune generated by inTune would not be saved if you exited and killed the app immediately after generating the tune. So until 1.01 is released, don't do that :) I hope the review process is faster for updates than it was for the original version of the app (9 days), and I'll let you know as soon as it is approved.

Version 1.01 has been submitted to Apple for review. It includes the list of standard cars mentioned above : https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7452196#post7452196

....and I also added:
Honda Mugen Motul Civic Si Race Car '87
Toyota Corolla Levin GT-Apex (AE86) '83

Here is a sneak peek at how the standard cars will show up the cars list :

StandardCarsList.jpg

I also fixed a bug where a new tune generated by inTune would not be saved if you exited and killed the app immediately after generating the tune. So until 1.01 is released, don't do that :) I hope the review process is faster for updates than it was for the original version of the app (9 days), and I'll let you know as soon as it is approved.
Yup, I've done that 3 times already :dopey:. Also I hope the Trueno has the same stats as the Levin because Trueno > Levin.

~Turtle
turtle.gif

Yup, I've done that 3 times already :dopey:. Also I hope the Trueno has the same stats as the Levin because Trueno > Levin.

~Turtle
turtle.gif

Oh man - sorry about that. I wasn't aware of the problem until this morning. I believe if you make a change to the generated tune and save it, you should be safe.

Given the feedback and questions so far, it seems to me that most of you would prioritize the transmission tuning feature over adding more standard cars. I will still try to meet my end of september projection for completing the standard car support but I'm going to focus on getting the transmission tuner compete asap. I spent most of today reading some great transmission tuning principles and math, so I've got some good ideas to get going on. This should be pretty cool ;)

Sound like a plan?

Given the feedback and questions so far, it seems to me that most of you would prioritize the transmission tuning feature over adding more standard cars. I will still try to meet my end of september projection for completing the standard car support but I'm going to focus on getting the transmission tuner compete asap. I spent most of today reading some great transmission tuning principles and math, so I've got some good ideas to get going on. This should be pretty cool ;)

Sound like a plan?

👍

Oh man - sorry about that. I wasn't aware of the problem until this morning. I believe if you make a change to the generated tune and save it, you should be safe.
Whoops, didn't see this message until now. No don't be sorry, I realized the problem the first time it happened, I can just be derpy sometimes and forget about this kind of stuff.

~Turtle
turtle.gif

I got this app the day it came out,and i must say brilliant work 👍 It is absolutely awesome transfering my drift tunes car to car.Although i have had issues with it crashing to springboard,happens everytime it's generating a new tune on a 300zx tt98,z33 07 and z34 08.
Thought i would share the issue and promise i'll post more when i find them (or if)lol,in spite of these minor things,you have honestly done an amazing job and i can't wait too see what you may bring us fortunate users in the coming months. :)

sik180sx
I got this app the day it came out,and i must say brilliant work 👍 It is absolutely awesome transfering my drift tunes car to car.Although i have had issues with it crashing to springboard,happens everytime it's generating a new tune on a 300zx tt98,z33 07 and z34 08.
Thought i would share the issue and promise i'll post more when i find them (or if)lol,in spite of these minor things,you have honestly done an amazing job and i can't wait too see what you may bring us fortunate users in the coming months. :)

Thanks a lot! I'm glad you like it. Sorry about the crash. Can you please send me a PM with the details of the tune you are using to generate the 300zx tunes? I'll try to reproduce it and get a fix out ASAP.

Got this app too about 2 days ago with my wife's ipad:). This is good. I even tried to generate a tune for a car not on the list and just supplied the necessary info and worked great as a base tune. Goodluck with the updates, will surely wait for it. Hopefully will work on androids too.

^Thanks mkel. Nice idea for tuning the cars not yet fully supported. If you do this, try to choose a substitute car that has the same weight distribution as the one you really want to tune. After that, you might find that the ride height or spring rates generated may be outside the tuning limits of your target car. If so, be sure to adjust front and rear ride height equally to bring them within limits. You should use the inTune spring rate assistant to bring the spring rates within limits if necessary. Those steps should give you a very similar tune as you will get when all standard cars are supported.

Back