FITT - Moving on to GT6!

• Thread starter DigitalBaka
  • 2,044 comments
Done:
  • FAQ has been cleaned up so you can now scroll through the time chart.
  • Rules post has been tweaked slightly to be more consistent in terminology and in line with our more recent, more complex events.
  • OP has had the Council list re-organized. All the original names are there and a few more added.
  • Events list has had the old events moved to the archives and MCH's event made current. Added a date for nomis' event.

To do:
  • Add more to the FAQ
  • Add in more names of FITT folk to the listing, by request
  • Add past events to the archive
  • Add a "winner's circle" listing on the events archive
  • ???
  • Profit

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I created a lobby for F.I.T.T members and friends to use. It will be open 24hrs a day. To join just friend request ACS_Test-n-Tune and click on the coffee cup to enter. It will appear to be offline but you will be able to see others there by clicking on the cup. It will be a place for members to gather and test cars with others. Anyone can host it at anytime. I will have some events planned (ex. testing cars for seasonals) and post them on the message board there. I have a group page created on GTP by the same name (ACS_Test-n-Tune) that people can join also.

Hey everyone, I created a lobby for F.I.T.T members and friends to use. It will be open 24hrs a day. To join just friend request ACS_Test-n-Tune and click on the coffee cup to enter. It will appear to be offline but you will be able to see others there by clicking on the cup. It will be a place for members to gather and test cars with others. Anyone can host it at anytime. I will have some events planned (ex. testing cars for seasonals) and post them on the message board there. I have a group page created on GTP by the same name (ACS_Test-n-Tune) that people can join also.

đź‘Ťđź‘Ť Good man, got you on my list. I would have jumped on t'other night, but for FITT Rally testing :mischievous:

I'll certainly jump in and make use of it...

{Cy}

ACSR421

If it's alright with you I'll add this to the OP. :)đź‘Ť

I know the Facebook page for FITT, but did you say there was a twitter page to? If so what is it. (Maybe have links in the OP?)

I'm really interested of becoming a test driver, do I need certain level of commitment ? or Is it drop in kind of thing ? If I have certain cars with my own tune, what I should do to get others to test it ? Does it have to be in certain event or challenge ? Please bear with me, this is kind of new to me.

I will send fr to acs_test-n-tune, hoping to do some test tune session there, maybe meeting some other test drivers as well.

I'm really interested of becoming a test driver, do I need certain level of commitment ? or Is it drop in kind of thing ? If I have certain cars with my own tune, what I should do to get others to test it ? Does it have to be in certain event or challenge ? Please bear with me, this is kind of new to me.

I will send fr to acs_test-n-tune, hoping to do some test tune session there, maybe meeting some other test drivers as well.

To test you simply sign up as a tester in any of the shootouts. You should be happily received.

I'm also going to add this ACS_Test-n-Tune as well. Hopefully people use it, could be fun. :)

To test you simply sign up as a tester in any of the shootouts. You should be happily received.

I'm also going to add this ACS_Test-n-Tune as well. Hopefully people use it, could be fun. :)

Thanks for the reply, is there any live event going now ? I just did some searching, the rally & street tuner challenge entry was closed on 20th Aug 2012. So I'll just drop in as a tester on the next available event :dopey:

Yup, this. FITT is really what you make of it. If you want to participate, do it. If you're not up to it we aren't going to make you join in.

As far as getting folks to drive your tunes by far the most fun way is to enter into the tuning shootouts. That way you get feedback and a comparison against similar competition. If you have a tuning garage thread that is another great way.

Anyone have any thoughts regarding starting up a "test drive request" thread? Something where you could post a tune you are working on and get feedback. It sounds good in theory but do you think it would work in practice?

You wouldn't get enough tests most likely.
The Nurb thread is lagging already because most likely me and Mike will be about the only people that drive/test cars on a regular basis.
Nobody seems to enjoy driving in the tuning forum, for whatever reason.

Of course the simple fact we refer to driving as somewhat of a "chore" spells the problem out in my opinion.

Last edited:
Maybe with cars that are known hard to control in GT5, like Cizeta V16T, Lancia Stratos, Ruf CTR YellowBird, Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary, sharing tunes that will make them drive easier and faster would interest more people to try it and give feedback ? Another alternative is give tunes for cars that are often used in the running seasonals TT or race.

The more I think of it, I think it's more that tuners tune, and like their tunes, of course. Driving someone else's tune is usually not as fun as driving your own.

Tunes for current seasonals are probably easier to find testers for.

DigitalBaka
Anyone have any thoughts regarding starting up a "test drive request" thread? Something where you could post a tune you are working on and get feedback. It sounds good in theory but do you think it would work in practice?

I'm down with hosting and maintaining a "please test my tune" thread.

(Feedback?)

CSLACR
Make sure you have dedicated drivers that will test. With this it will be 100% success, without it, 100% fail.

Let me think, who do I know who likes to test? Nope, drawing a blank.

To miss-quote Tommy Lee Jones, "I have no sense of humor that I am aware of."

I see a Review Request thread kinda like a shootout. Post a link to a tune and anyone can stop in to review. As more people get comfortable with stopping in between their own tunes, seasonals, and shootouts the reviews should come rolling in (that was a joke).

Welcome, Ridox. It would be great if you could be one of the testers for my 60/40, 40/60, 460PP tuning challenge, signups will start on the 29th.
-------------
Folks, I've been trying to decide which tracks to use, your feedback would be much appreciated. My aim is for one track to be tight and twisty to reward agility, and the other with where high speed handling is important.
For the tight track, I am thinking Autumn Ring* (my first choice would be London, but this was used for the Tonnes of Fun shootout).
For the faster track, I am thinking Laguna Seca (my next preference was Nurb GP/F). What do you think?

*EDIT: I orginally said Apricot Hill by mistake. D'oh!

Last edited:
Welcome, Ridox. It would be great if you could be one of the testers for my 60/40, 40/60, 460PP tuning challenge, signups will start on the 29th.
-------------
Folks, I've been trying to decide which tracks to use, your feedback would be much appreciated. My aim is for one track to be tight and twisty to reward agility, and the other with where high speed handling is important.
For the tight track, I am thinking Apricot Hill (my first choice would be London, but this was used for the Tonnes of Fun shootout).
For the faster track, I am thinking Laguna Seca (my next preference was Nurb GP/F). What do you think?
Apricot Hill?
Is there a DLC pack I'm unaware of? And if I remember Apricot Hill correctly, it was a fast track.:confused:

Assuming you've gone off the deep end saying "Apricot Hill", I'd say:

Tight:
Tsukuba
Madrid
Eiger

Fast:
Spa
Suzuka
User created

I hate user-made tracks, but most tracks in GT5 don't have many high-speed corners. Nurburgring and Sarthe do, but they're uber-long. Spa has some, but it's DLC.
IMO, Laguna Seca is an absolute mid-range track, mid-range corners(dominantly) and mid-range straights, bordering on short.

-------------
For the tight track, I am thinking Apricot Hill (my first choice would be London, but this was used for the Tonnes of Fun shootout).

I have a tight user created track on share if you are interested to give it a try, it will punish most AWD cars and FR cars. The theme used is Mt. Aso, it has quite a long straight where 500pp cars can reach 200km/h+, and numerous tight corners, banked sweepers, a long climbing at the end.

The track is online on my account : GTP_Orido, track name is Orido's Touge
Course length : 2921.4m
Straight length : 949.8m
Elevation change : 65.3m
Turns : 22

If you want a fast high speed track why not use High Speed Ring/Reverse. For a tight track what about Autumn Ring?:odd:

Apricot Hill?
Is there a DLC pack I'm unaware of? And if I remember Apricot Hill correctly, it was a fast track.:confused:
Woops! I meant Autumn Ring. :dunce:. Post has been ninja-edited.

IMO, Laguna Seca is an absolute mid-range track, mid-range corners(dominantly) and mid-range straights, bordering on short.
Ok, then what I'm looking for is mid-range. Spa is DLC and Suzuka was used for the Japanese shootout (besides, I hate it!!)

Thanks everyone for the suggestions...but...Tsukuba was used for the Japanese shootout, Madrid has some decent straights where the lighter cars will get swamped, Eiger is being used for the Street/Rally. I considered HSR, but all that banking could have non-stig testers spinning off every lap in the RRs. Indeed, GVE reverse has the works, but I thought it'd be interesting to (kind of) split the results into high speed and low speed. Monza is great, but was used for the Tonnes of Fun.

I have a tight user created track on share if you are interested to give it a try, it will punish most AWD cars and FR cars. The theme used is Mt. Aso, it has quite a long straight where 500pp cars can reach 200km/h+, and numerous tight corners, banked sweepers, a long climbing at the end.
Thanks for the kind offer. I prefer to use one of GT5s tracks because testers will be more consistent if they are familiar with the track (also I have no experience with shared tracks and am scared of it causing hassles). Thanks again for the offer.

For a tight track what about Autumn Ring?:odd:
Yes, an excellent idea! Silly me :lol:

Sorry to everyone for asking for suggestions then dismissing them. I guess I am actually after feedback for the 4 tracks I mentioned (ie "don't use Nurb GP/F, everyone hates it"), not general suggestions for other tracks. Sorry. Thanks.

Thanks for the kind offer. I prefer to use one of GT5s tracks because testers will be more consistent if they are familiar with the track (also I have no experience with shared tracks and am scared of it causing hassles). Thanks again for the offer.

No worries, I understand that custom tracks are not very suitable for this kind of testing. I made the track a few days ago, I found that the track to be well suited for tuning suspension. Any way, please do download the track for your personal use, you might find it interesting and fun.

I'll send you FR the next time I got the chance, by the way Autumn Ring is a good choice:tup:

Back