FITT 60/40, 40/60, 460PP Shootout- scores posted, congrats to tuners!

• Thread starter nomis3613
  • 636 comments

format for final round

• Deep Forest, no re-tune

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Deep Forest, 2 days for tune changes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Grand Valley, no re-tune

• Grand Valley, 2 days for tune changes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Final Round
Rotary Junkie
A sassy lady, who likes to shake her thing. Whilst you need to keep her heals off the grass, her ample bosom keeps the front in check and pulls her equally ample hips into line. Still suffers the laws of physics, she'll push wide if provoked, but if you're gentle going in, you can get on it early going out.
A very sensual review...sorry what were we talking about, Cy? :D

I'll test the final round submissions when I get home. If I can avoid the black hole called 'online,' it keeps sucking me in. I should be able to test them all (there's only 6 cars, right?) tonight before the update hits.

I'll test the final round submissions when I get home. If I can avoid the black hole called 'online,' it keeps sucking me in. I should be able to test them all (there's only 6 cars, right?) tonight before the update hits.

Don't get too caught up with online. :P I'd love to race you one day though. :lol:

Yea, 6 cars. You better test, since the main reason I tuned the MR2 the way it is was because I know you liked the "slip-riding" style that the old MR2 and Garaiya had. Since that meant millimeter-precise inputs, everyone else has been going "it's too sideways" as a result…hmm, actually, I'm not so sure if this one can even do that. :lol: Ah well, if the worse happens, the most that we'll lose is…uh…you, I guess. :lol:

Nomis
Ugabugaz- Miura
Wonderful turn-in, in fact I had to hold back on the last corner to avoid running up the inside kerb! It did seem to be slightly lacking front grip towads the exit, however it is wonderfully steerable on the throttle. Great damping and body control. I really enjoyed this tune, thanks.
Final Round
=============

=============
[URL="https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7578466#post7578466"]Ugabugaz
Lap: 2:04.554 Rating: 8/10
A wonderful car to drive, only suffers from the same problems as the RGT, above. Plenty of confidence driving this car, but load it with too much information and it'll eventually give out on you...
=============

{Cy}

Final Group Test Results

Test method :
Tests were done using :
stick controller,
manual transmission,
ABS:1 and all other aids off
Grip = real
Steering sensitivity = 0​

I gave each car 5 nonstop lap at Grand Valley Speedway

Ugabugaz Lamborghini Miura P400 bertone '67 Gentleman's Olds

Time 2:04.137

The Miura, this is confusing for me, it feel fast, handles great, but the time is not as good as I expected, maybe I am just not a good driver. The car is tricky this time at GVS, it has quite noticeable understeer when exiting tight turns, and on the S bends before the tunnel, the rear lose grip easily, which cost me a lot of time. Steering and braking is great, while the car is very stiff, the only issue is when going over the rumble strip which will upset the car and losing precious time. Top speed is another major issue, barely hitting 142mph+ before 1st turn. Overall, nice tune.

Drivers Choice Points: 9 out of 10

@Cy - I know what you mean by the car giving out. I tuned the Miura to be reasonably controllable and also have a good amount of slip however it still takes a careful approach when driving - Both in regards to understeer but more so oversteer.

@Ridox - Are you sure you tested my car with the GV Settings? Perhaps they didn't stick or something because I easily got 146 and even 147 MPH before the first corner. I can't comment on rumble strips since I don't remember hitting any during my testing (Except for one corner). As for the slip of the car, Yes I made a conscious decision to allow some (For my own preference I would have left in even more slip - but I know some testers don't like that) . The tunnel is a perfect example and I made the car slip there on purpose. In my hands at least it's faster the way it is rather than making it "safe". What did you think of the brakes?

@Nomis - Thanks for the kind words, Glad you liked it.

Onboy123
Ah well, if the worse happens, the most that we'll lose is…uh…you, I guess. :lol:

So no big loss... ;)

Ok, here we go. From the top.

My usual setup:
DFGT, Manual, FFB 8, all aids off, ABS 1

MCHami / Elise
2:03.432
DC: 8
There needs to be a new word for what this car does. Trail-braking just does not describe the half-mile long four wheel black lines that stretch into the first corner. The first time I went into turn one my BP was just after the top of the hill and just before the cement curbing on the left side (my "usual" spot). I knew as I got on the brakes and the cars weight shifted that I didn't leave enough room. But I was wrong. The car rotated at the correct pace despite all four wheels being liquid. I continued the cars momentum without any difficulty and was only half a cars width from the apex. Just beautiful.
The next several laps I refined my inputs for the first corner and managed an almost (for me) perfect four wheel trail-braking drift that setup and continued perfectly out the exit. I tried several laps to see if I could exit the corner without t-b drifting but my exit was never as quick or maintained enough momentum.
The rest if the track is a continuation of the first corner. The car transitions from full grip to no grip very smoothly and while maintaining full "drivability." All four wheels slip at just about the same rate, favoring neither over- nor under-steer.
Braking distance is good.
Turn-in is very accurate, eleven under duress.
Mid-corner is nigh perfect.
Corner exit has no noticeable excess sway or bogging.
A lot around excellent accuracy and predictability.
Gearing is ok. First to second seemed a bit misplaced sometimes but that's being really nit-picky.

OnBoy123 / MR2
2:05.595
DC: 6
Is it the blue pill or the red pill? Two MR2s on share at the same time. Good thing I always double check my stuff.
This is an ambitious tune. Real control is needed to get the most out if this car. That's not me. It would take me four to six times as many laps as I've already done to improve my time.
The car has a decent predictability, despite the car being of two minds on whether it wants to push the front or over-steer on throttle. Accuracy is fairly low. I just can't hit most of my apexes correctly at the limit.
Braking distance is long and the back end will swing 'round if I don't brake in a straight line for the first 90% of my braking zone. Slip trail-braking is chancy at best, both because the rear likes to swing 'round and because of the cars afore mentioned schizophrenia (under- or over-steer indecision). "Riding the slip" is very difficult, but I can easily see myself spending lap after lap learning the cars nuance. It's not chaotic, it just has a wild personality.
Gearing is good, I don't even notice shifting.

NewDriver2 / MR2
2:05.368
DC: 7
Very good power delivery. The car just shoots out of the corner exit. I don't think about shifting much.
Corner entry is likewise very good. Despite pedal steering having a strong hold on steering the car has both a high accuracy and predictability.
Mid-corner is killing me. Just after turn in its like someone dropped a 1ton brink on the front end. It takes a good setup from corner entry and a heavy but sensitive right foot to maintain the entry momentum into corner momentum. When done correctly the car is a rocket. Unfortunately I'm no spaceman.

RotaryJunkie / Atenza
2:05.764
DC: 5
Very stable and with the correct exit setup a rocket but of a corner. Unfortunately under-steer is this car's dominant state. Under-steer never enters the picture. The under-steer is nicely tamed and full throttle at mid-corner won't send the car flying off track, it just glides out calmly.
Gearing is good and provides a lot of usable power.
The car would definitely fare better in my hands with more over-steer on entry, at least then I can setup situational over-steer on mid- and exit with a good line under power. As it is I'm bleeding off a lot of speed pre-corner in order to throttle the weight back mid- to corner exit.

ugabugaz / Muria
2:04.083
Very easy to handle and very intuitive.
Feedback is good and the wheel feels light.
Turn-in is almost sharp and is accurate. Unfortunately pedal steering has such a tight grip on the car I found myself unable to keep my speed up because I had to use the pedals to control the cars rotation. There is under-steer on entrance but this almost always transitions into over-steer by mid-corner, either due to trail-braking or over-throttling.
Mid-corner is very good, so long as I can keep up the cars momentum through the entrance properly. Throttle steering isn't a hindrance here like entrance. Keeping the cars throttle rotation in harmony with trail-braking rotation is fairly easy and fun.
Corner exit is explosive with no excess sway or bogging of any sort.
Trail-braking is just slightly less perfect than MCHami's Elise. Still easier and more productive than 98% of the cars out there.
If I was forced to point to one thing and say "this is why the car is slower than the Elise" it would be the initial lack of turn-in (like the Atenza) that forces me to use contrived inputs to get the car rotated and pointed in the right direction by mid- and certainly corner exit.
I plan to take this car online later and let her rip. With some minor tranny adjustments it should kill on the ring.
Edit: after a few more laps I found that this car cannot handle the curbs very well. Tests fine for me and my driving style but makes being competitive on the 'ring online almost impossible.

Sorry TrackRipper, I missed getting in your ride under the update by a few minutes. Ill still test it as soon as the system is back up. Let's hope the changes don't effect much.

TrackRipper123 / RGT
2:03.567
Excellent balance and range between grip-n-slip.
Braking distance is vastly short. Slip trail-braking is very good but not exceptional.
Turn-in is excellent, accuracy and rotation is top notch. Steering is aided by but not dominated by pedal steering.
Mid-corner is excellent. Setup from corner entry is very forgiving and pedal control/transition is very harmonious. There is more than enough power to flip the rear end 'round but it is well restrained and easy to access. The steering wheel isn't light but feedback still comes through more than enough to control the over- under-steer balance.
Corner exit is a continuation of mid-corner. The car, despite being over-powered, has excellent stability and can usually accept full throttle before corner exit, counting on the corner entry setup to aid early "point-n-shoot."
I think I have the correct final gear (the car shows 3.285) but it feels very long. I'm barely using 6th. Perhaps with a more synced final gear for this track it might have pulled off first place.
This car can already handle curbs. Hmmm.

Last edited:
@Ridox - Are you sure you tested my car with the GV Settings? Perhaps they didn't stick or something because I easily got 146 and even 147 MPH before the first corner. I can't comment on rumble strips since I don't remember hitting any during my testing (Except for one corner). As for the slip of the car, Yes I made a conscious decision to allow some (For my own preference I would have left in even more slip - but I know some testers don't like that) . The tunnel is a perfect example and I made the car slip there on purpose. In my hands at least it's faster the way it is rather than making it "safe". What did you think of the brakes?

Sorry, it was a typo, should have been 145mph :ouch:Testing for 3 hours non stop took it's toll:nervous:, the brakes are not bitey enough to my liking, even with ABS, I like to brake hard and late, so 9/5 would be what I prefer. This would be same preference if I don't use ABS.

PSN: GTP_Striker
Maximum number of groups you can test: 4

Who has the lobby that's open 24/7 for testers?

Ridox2JZGTE
Final Group Test Results

Test method :
Tests were done using :
stick controller,
manual transmission,
ABS:1 and all other aids off
Grip = real
Steering sensitivity = 0

I gave each car 5 nonstop lap at Grand Valley Speedway

NewDriver2 Toyota MR2 G Limited '97

Time : 2:04.958

The MR2 has a good acceleration and top speed, the car is pretty good at exiting low speed corners. Tight rear differential means even wheel spin exiting a turn is quite easy to tame. Handling wise, the car has a weakness in high speed cornering, understeer could set in without warning, the front tires are a bit restless above 100mph, and also a bit unstable when changing direction. Braking is a hit and miss for me, 1st corner can be taken late, but often the rear give out grip too early, and throttle input needs to be gradual on long curve and S bends. A fast car indeed, but the instability hurt it's handling. A nice work nonetheless, SW20 MR2 is known to be quite wild even when stock.

Drivers Choice Points: 7.5 out of 10

When i saw the first lap time when you use ABS off i fill happy that my car can drive with out ABS .
And after you use the ABS you did faster lap time than before and also you break my lap time record so well done Sir thanks for time testing my car 👍 This MR2 is wild car like you said up and i tamed well .

nomis3613
Test results!
All testing conducted using sixaxis controller.

FINAL ROUND

Newdriver2- MR2 G-limited '97
Wonderfully chuckable. The downside is that trail braking often causes the rear to step out, so care is needed to brake in a straight line. The upside is that trail braking causes the rear to step out, leading to brilliant drift antics! :P Even when trying to keep things straight to get a decent laptime, I love how this car will happily hold any yaw angle the driver chooses. Wonderfully responsive.

Grand Valley Speedway laptimes:
Motor City Hami - 2:02.8
Onboy123 - 2:05.0
Newdriver2- 2:05.2
Rotary Junkie - 2:05.4
Ugabugaz - 2:04.7
Trackripper123 - 2:03.1

Driver's Choice Points
Motor City Hami - 9
Onboy123 - 7
Newdriver2- 8
Rotary Junkie - 7
Ugabugaz - 8
Trackripper123 - 10

This is my drive style that my car have little of drift will you are driving it . Thats why its lose more time when the track have more turn . Thank you Sir for your rating and also the good words 👍

Ronald6
So no big loss... ;)

My usual setup:

NewDriver2 / MR2
2:05.368
DC: 7
Very good power delivery. The car just shoots out of the corner exit. I don't think about shifting much.
Corner entry is likewise very good. Despite pedal steering having a strong hold on steering the car has both a high accuracy and predictability.
Mid-corner is killing me. Just after turn in its like someone dropped a 1ton brink on the front end. It takes a good setup from corner entry and a heavy but sensitive right foot to maintain the entry momentum into corner momentum. When done correctly the car is a rocket. Unfortunately I'm no spaceman.

Wow good lap time 👍 . Sorry if my car give the filling of spaceman :lol: . I want to fix this Mid-corner every one drive my car had the same proplem . Thanks Sir for the rate and your time .

RotaryJunkie / Atenza
2:05.764
DC: 5
Very stable and with the correct exit setup a rocket but of a corner. Unfortunately under-steer is this car's dominant state. Under-steer never enters the picture. The under-steer is nicely tamed and full throttle at mid-corner won't send the car flying off track, it just glides out calmly.
Gearing is good and provides a lot of usable power.
The car would definitely fare better in my hands with more over-steer on entry, at least then I can setup situational over-steer on mid- and exit with a good line under power. As it is I'm bleeding off a lot of speed pre-corner in order to throttle the weight back mid- to corner exit.

Yeah, the premium Atenza is sorta impossible to coax into oversteer. The closest it ever got was the Adrenaline Junkie 500PP version which would oversteer... If you dirt dropped a rear tire. Hopefully the new changes to ride height will let me loosen it up a bit more on entry (lower nose/higher rear) and improve exit even further at the same time.

So no big loss... ;)

My usual setup:

ugabugaz / Muria
2:04.083
Very easy to handle and very intuitive.
Feedback is good and the wheel feels light.
Turn-in is almost sharp and is accurate. Unfortunately pedal steering has such a tight grip on the car I found myself unable to keep my speed up because I had to use the pedals to control the cars rotation. There is under-steer on entrance but this almost always transitions into over-steer by mid-corner, either due to trail-braking or over-throttling.
Mid-corner is very good, so long as I can keep up the cars momentum through the entrance properly. Throttle steering isn't a hindrance here like entrance. Keeping the cars throttle rotation in harmony with trail-braking rotation is fairly easy and fun.
Corner exit is explosive with no excess sway or bogging of any sort.
Trail-braking is just slightly less perfect than MCHami's Elise. Still easier and more productive than 98% of the cars out there.
If I was forced to point to one thing and say "this is why the car is slower than the Elise" it would be the initial lack of turn-in (like the Atenza) that forces me to use contrived inputs to get the car rotated and pointed in the right direction by mid- and certainly corner exit.
I plan to take this car online later and let her rip. With some minor tranny adjustments it should kill on the ring.
Edit: after a few more laps I found that this car cannot handle the curbs very well. Tests fine for me and my driving style but makes being competitive on the 'ring online almost impossible.

The Miura has a very stiff suspension - hence it hates curbs. Softening it up I think would make it very curb friendly. I can try and make a Nurburgring version if you like.

Ronald6
Sorry TrackRipper, I missed getting in your ride under the update by a few minutes. Ill still test it as soon as the system is back up. Let's hope the changes don't effect much.

Let's wait and see, if it turns out that the RGT is suddenly completely uncontrollable, well, the update caused it. :lol:

Thank you to all testers who have run it so far, really excellent times and feedback!

We're now in the land of 2.08, so testing is now closed.

:bowdown: :bowdown: to CyKosis, Ridox and Roland for getting their testing done in such a short timeframe. If anyone else has test results from 2.07 that they're yet to post, can you please PM me. Hopefully I'll have the scores ready within the next 24 hours.

PSN: GTP_Striker
Maximum number of groups you can test: 4
Hi Zuel,
Thanks for the offer, but sorry we decided to rush this competition through before update 2.07 (so that the new physics wouldn't cause dramas). Hopefully we'll see you as a tester in future FITT events. 👍

If any of the testers have a free time, would you mind to have a go at my Opel and do some laps at Grand Valley Speedway ? The car still has the old tune for round 1, but it's fine, I just want to know how the car would drive at GVS. I am curious right now about it's performance at the track :) so if this doesn't break any rule, just a few laps, maybe some lap time and comment. It would be great input for my future tunes, thanks.

:lol::lol: I hope nobody got killed crashing the car all over the place, and I am sure someone would enjoy taming the Opel at GVS, the tunnels and S bends would be epic ;)

:lol::lol: I hope nobody got killed crashing the car all over the place, and I am sure someone would enjoy taming the Opel at GVS, the tunnels and S bends would be epic ;)

Eh, if they survived the white MR2, the Opel should be a piece of cake. :lol:

Ran the final cars post-2.08. Results won't count of course but it could be useful to see where things differ in the feedback. I will post times and comments tonight.

Ran the final cars post-2.08. Results won't count of course but it could be useful to see where things differ in the feedback. I will post times and comments tonight.

Did you test pre-2.08 too? Might be useful to find a tester who did and get them to compare the differences?

Last edited:
I did not, no, so it won't be as useful as it could be. My comments will need to be used in comparison to other folks...for whatever that is worth. ;)

Time for the final scores...drum rolll...

Wow, it's a close call!!

6th place
Onboy123's MR2
Grand Valley: 5.7 points
Driver's choice: 6.7 points
TOTAL: 12.5 points (there will be slight differences in some totals due to rounding)

5th place
Newdriver2's MR2
Grand Valley: 5.7
Driver's choice: 7.1
TOTAL: 12.9

4th place
Rotary City Junkie's Altenza
Grand Valley: 5.9
Driver's choice: 7.1
TOTAL: 13.1

3rd place
Ugabugaz' Miura
Grand Valley: 7.8
Driver's choice: 8.2
TOTAL: 16.1

Now we need a microscope to separate 1st and 2nd! (yes I checked the roundings)

Without further ado...

2nd place
Motor City Hami's Elise 111R
Grand Valley: 10.0
Driver's choice: 8.4
TOTAL: 18.4

1st place
Trackripper123's Ruf RGT
Grand Valley: 9.4
Driver's choice: 9.1
TOTAL: 18.5
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :gtpflag:

Thanks to CyKosis1973, we have some more prizes:
Driver's Choice goes to Trackripper123,
Fastest at Grand Valley Speedway goes to Motor City Hami (average 1:03.3)
Fastest at Autumn Ring goes to Motor City Hami (average 1:21.4)
Fastest at High Speed Ring Reverse goes to... guess who... Motor City Hami (average 1:11.9)

Many thanks to all the testers and tuners, it's been great fun. 👍

Last edited:
Very close score for 1st and 2nd, 0.1 gap:crazy:.
I would like to congratulate the winner and everyone who got into the final:cheers::cheers::cheers:
All great tunes, fast times, and overall, great fun doing all the tests:tup:

Congrats for the winners 👍 👍

Nomis you swap the time for AR and HSR/R :lol:

Congrats trackripper :gtpflag:

Congrats Hami :gtpflag:

Thank you Nomis for the good shootout 👍 👍 . And also thank you testers and tuners for the good cars and good lap times 👍👍

ND :dopey:

Last edited:
Wait I won? :odd: :lol: :cheers:

Congratulations to everyone, Hami especially, your Elise did scare me with its times... What a close finish! :)

A big thank you to Nomis for organising this and all the testers who got their testing done so promptly before the 2.08 update. :cheers:

Congratulations to everyone, Hami especially, your Elise did scare me with its times... What a close finish! :)

A big thank you to Nomis for organising this and all the testers who got their testing done so promptly before the 2.08 update. :cheers:

Congrats to you as well. I kinda feel like we both won. I had the fastest tune and you had the crowd favorite. That's the best RUF that I have driven.

Nomis, thanks for hosting a good event.

Yes you did. And as the person who taught you (somewhat anyway :lol:) at the beginning, I feel proud of that. :lol: I'm kidding, well deserved win, both of you. 👍

Latest Posts

Back