Gran Turismo 5 arts & concepts (heavy edit)

• Thread starter Big Ron
  • 2,057 comments
I was just looking at that picture and thought "Well, if there's any car you're going to use those wheels on, it might as well be a British one." Since I just realized they bear a striking resemblance to the Union Jack.

That's what I saw in it too. But even though there is that relevance it still doesn't look attractive. ;)

Yep. It's to much "flat". Looks like an unfinished piece lol... Not sure why PD decided to include it in the game :S

Aside from the rims...
It is a good edit. I feel like there should be more of a shadow under the car. You could check out lee's thread, the top of the car should be shrunk in the reflection. And the highlights should not be so dark, leave them a little brighter.
Other than that you did a good job. Keep practicing! 👍

thank you for the feedback, and yeah the rims seemed British to me too.

two of the hardest things for me are reflections and matching the perspective

another one of mark stetons photos, i like his stuff

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24018267@N00/8220026467/in/photostream

I used an Evo, not sure why but it seemed...ok. What I do with a picture once i'm done with it is set it as my desktop(24" 1920x1080), get up, walk around and come back and look at it to see if anything "jumps" out at me as not fitting or not belonging. I stare at this stuff so close for so long in editing I lose focus on whats right or wrong with the pic. So feed back is awesome because...well, its good to have. Also, requests are reasonable too.

just in the time I wrote this post, I edited this 3 more times:

i think that you should have put the EVO in HDR too... doesn't fit very good in a HDR image. It looks like a "stranger" element. :)

gtuned, nice wallpaper ;)

yeah...hdr isn't something I've mastered but I gave it a quick go and it just seems to make it brighter?

also, a rally one, with an imminently dead camera man

Hmm, not bad. In the first shot the colour and tone of the car is about right but the reflection on the rear window kills the illusion. And it feels a bit odd the car cropped off like that.

With the second the angle is alright and the light matches. The car seems a bit squashed to me but I think the biggest thing is the car needs more contrast to match the background.

Good effort though.

subaru_impreza_wrx_sti__grb__at_the_highway_by_immanoob-d5nebne.jpg

Created this back in July, just found this thread. Not an avid GT-er anymore but might get back into it.

616458_4164111779354_1318659703_o.jpg

Back