Praiano's Tunes: Waiting for GT6 & FERRARI ENZO FXX.

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 7,373 comments
Hello Praiano63...8)
I used your setup for the 1962 Buick Special (2003 SEMA Show Car). Sweet Ride...
Could you update the Spreadsheet for this Car....
Maximum Horsepower is 857hp with 491pp no Ballast, 222mph, 41.345 secs at Daytona...
Maximum Horsepower is 857hp with 531pp Full Ballast, 219mph, 42.150 secs at Daytona...
Speeds and Times were done with all Aids turned Off. Both Online and Offline...8)

Thanks for the information, it's just a fun car that i don't even broken. That's why i've writen MAX for PP,HP.... on the tune sheet.

Hello Praiano63...8)
l would like to see your tune for the Sauber-Mercedes C9 LM Race Car (Standard) Racing Soft Tires at Circuit de La Sarthe 2009 no chicanes for highest Speed possible...8)
l can get the Car up to 240mph not drafting using your Tranny Trick...
Could you use a Spreadsheet for this Car...Thanks You're Number 1 Tuner Guy

I will check it soon and do a new tune/ spreadsheet.

BUICK GNX '87 // 400PP // COMFORT SOFT TIRES

Buick-GNX-Front-View_zps59aa46bf.jpg

buickgnx400pp_zps8557bad4.jpg

Important, shift at 5500 rpm.

Enjoy your drive.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°

Last edited:
Hello Praiano63...8)
lt hit me like a BRICK on the HEAD LOL:...0%,10%,20%,30% and so on...
They are the large white markers when adjusting all the individual gears...
A 4speed Tranny would be:...
...1st-0%,2nd-35%,3rd-70%,4th-100%...NASCARS...
...A 5speed Tranny would be:...
...1st-0%,2nd-25%,3rd-50%,4th-75%,5th-100%...Sauber-Mercedes C9 LM Race Car...
...A 6speed Tranny would be:...
...1st-0%,2nd-20%,3rd-40%,4th-60%,5th-80%,6th-100%...Buick Special SEMA Show Car...
...A 7speed Tranny would be:...
...1st-0%,2nd-15%,3rd-30%,4th-45%,5th-60%,6th-80%,7th-100%...Ferrari F1 '07 or '10...
...I hope I got this right, l tried the 5speed Tranny Trick on a Sauber-Mercedes C9 LM Race Car
...and got it up to 255mph at Circuit de La Sarthe but it gets squirrelly...lol

Hello Praiano63...8)
...1st-0%,2nd-20%,3rd-40%,4th-60%,5th-80%,6th-100%...Buick Special SEMA Show Car...
...1st-0%,2nd-15%,3rd-30%,4th-45%,5th-60%,6th-80%,7th-100%...Ferrari F1 '07 or '10...
...I hope I got this right, l tried the 5speed Tranny Trick on a Sauber-Mercedes C9 LM Race Car

Hello Praiano63...8)

This is exactly this. You can make some variations to spread the gears, like longer 2 or 3 first gears on a very powerfull car to avoid wheel spin, or very close 3 or 4 frist gears when you need good retake on a slow track with very low speed turns (like eiger)....

The most important is to let the final gear as low as you can to reach the desired speed.

Sometime ,for cars with a very large powerband and a huge torque, you can do the "oposit tranny trick".
FG full left
top speed max
spread gears
Set top speed with FG again.

It's not common but i used it on a few cars like the Plymouth Cuda 440 six pack 657 HP at 5100 rpm and 834 ft/lb at 3000 rpm.

The problem of the tranny trick is on some low power /torque cars ,even more with grippy tires + 4WD, is that you will not have a good standing grid start because of the very long first gear.
In this case, raise the ratio of the first gear till ok for the start and spread the rest on space you still have on the setting panel.
For example:
1st = 50%
2d = 60%
3d = 70%
4th = 80%
5th = 90%
6th = 100%

The best thing is always to check with your ghost on the test track to see what is the best option for your car.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°

Hey,

Just wondering also, will your tunes change much for full power cars? I pretty much just race Qualifying laps on different circuits @ full power in standard trim (no big GT wings etc) only use downforce on cars with STD wings or ones that look STD on the car (refer Ferrari enzo) As you have so many is there any you would recommend for really fast lap times?

thanks again,

Thanks for all your tunes. I've notice you use sport soft on a lot of your tunes. Do you get more speed out of these tires. What is your thought process when it comes to chosing tires for you tunes? I race online a lot with your tunes and I usually take off the SS and put racing soft on. Is doing this slowing my cars down?

Thanks for all your tunes. I've notice you use sport soft on a lot of your tunes. Do you get more speed out of these tires. What is your thought process when it comes to chosing tires for you tunes? I race online a lot with your tunes and I usually take off the SS and put racing soft on. Is doing this slowing my cars down?

Hi man! I think that, just pushing the throttle down, with racing soft tires, is not actually, racing. Anyway you won't be able to race this way a 60 laps race because of tire wear. 👍

Hey,

Just wondering also, will your tunes change much for full power cars? I pretty much just race Qualifying laps on different circuits @ full power in standard trim (no big GT wings etc) only use downforce on cars with STD wings or ones that look STD on the car (refer Ferrari enzo) As you have so many is there any you would recommend for really fast lap times?

thanks again,

The excess of power can generate some wheel spin, then you can low the LSD accel till you feel OK.
I can't recommend one or 2, there are so much.... Lately i've tuned a
MERCEDES-BENZ SL65 AMG (R230) '04 // 550PP // RACING SOFT TIRES

It's very fast , i think it's my faster road car 550PP at suzuka for example.

I just try to have the same amount of grip X power to have a pleasant drive.
Too much grip like racing soft on a 400PP car is not fun. The car don't even need a tune to go fast.
Also a 600PP car with comfort tires is very difficult to maintain on the road.
So i try to increase the tires grip and power of the car together.
350=CM
400=CS
450=SH
500=SM
550=SS
600=RH
650=RM
700UP=RS tires.
Like this you have a good amount of everything , it's fast, technical to drive but fun, and tuning make a real difference at the end of the lap.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°

New tune update 2.10.

The car can be tuned at 600PP using power limiter too. I race it against my Honda NSX loctite '01 superGT on Suzuka in this configuration 600PP /racing hard.
Both at the same path, this is a very good reference.

CITROEN GT BY CITROEN RACE CAR // 639PP // RACING TIRES
citroengtracecarmax_zps4c047e33.png

sRkcGklUjPCavOjzFcR_0.jpg

rEzXeyL8yJT7iy6BsC_0.jpg

Enjoy your drive.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°

Last edited:
Praiano my friend ... I need your help ... these days I'm messing in a Honda NSX Mobil 1 "standard." I trying to beat the time of 1:39 Nationale Monza Circuit. To reach 1:40.5 put in the "aero" at least possible to get 299 km / h down the straight ... further yes this very difficult to meet the goal ... I'm using soft racing tire. Any suggestions to help?!
Configuring the race: 600PP
Thanks for now ....

Last edited:
Praiano my friend ... I need your help ... these days I'm messing in a Honda NSX Mobil 1 "standard." Etou trying to beat the time of 1:39 Nationale Monza Circuit. To reach 1:40.5 put in the "aero" at least possible to get 299 km / h down the straight ... further yes this very difficult to meet the goal ... I'm using soft racing tire. Any suggestions to help?!
Thanks for now ....

I never knew axactly where stand the green and red lap limit on this track, that's why i almost never drive there. So this is difficult for me to say how you can do.
Talking about chassis tuning, if you have the lowest rear aero downforce possible and the max front grip without loosing the rear end, must be the faster way for this car.
If you can't play with performance points adding power and weight ,then no way for ballast solutions too.
It rest you the gears. Try to do a tranny trick with a lower Final gear value as possible when reach the max speed you want.

I don't see anything else to do.

If you tell me the max speed (UP RIGHT) you have on your tune, i can try to make a gearbox for you. And also need to know if your car Honda Mobil 1 NSX (JGTC) &#8217;01 is totally stock, no engine....

I never knew axactly where stand the green and red lap limit on this track, that's why i almost never drive there. So this is difficult for me to say how you can do.
Talking about chassis tuning, if you have the lowest rear aero downforce possible and the max front grip without loosing the rear end, must be the faster way for this car.
If you can't play with performance points adding power and weight ,then no way for ballast solutions too.
It rest you the gears. Try to do a tranny trick with a lower Final gear value as possible when reach the max speed you want.

I don't see anything else to do.

If you tell me the max speed (UP RIGHT) you have on your tune, i can try to make a gearbox for you. And also need to know if your car Honda Mobil 1 NSX (JGTC) ’01 is totally stock, no engine....

Good'll spend the whole tune for you to find out.
Aero: 15/30
Ballast: 0/0
Regulator power: 97.7%
LSD: 8/16/5
Suspeção
Height: -15/-5
Adjust spring: 14.4/15.6
Extension: 8/8
Compresion: 7/7
Bars: 4/4
Camber: 2.4/1.8
Angulo axis: -0.10/-0.05
Brakes: 6/5

The maximum speed of this gearbox at 319 Km / h, only at the end of the straight at Monza he comes 298/299Km/h.
The car is equipped with Rigidity Improvement, Level 3 Engine, Turbo Kit 2 (Medium speed).

Huge fan of your tunes Praiano, enough said period. While the update basically killed my favorite online cars 190 2.5-16, R8, CSL, your new 2.10 tunes are helping me get back into the online racing thing, which is the best part of GT5 at this point in my opinion.

Thanks again for keeping the outstanding tunes coming.

Just looking for that magic car that has great front end grip and balance/fun to drive factor of my favorites like the CSL and 190 2.5-16 and even the R8 on certain tracks.

Your GTO updated tune is pretty good overall and has been my favorite as of late.

shoenboggie

Huge fan of your tunes Praiano, enough said period. While the update basically killed my favorite online cars 190 2.5-16, R8, CSL, your new 2.10 tunes are helping me get back into the online racing thing, which is the best part of GT5 at this point in my opinion.

Thanks again for keeping the outstanding tunes coming.

Just looking for that magic car that has great front end grip and balance/fun to drive factor of my favorites like the CSL and 190 2.5-16 and even the R8 on certain tracks.

Your GTO updated tune is pretty good overall and has been my favorite as of late.

shoenboggie

Thanks, still checking the rest of the cars with some hope to find a hidden Gem again.... Hard but not impossible.

Corrections to be made:

• + ECU
  • + Catalytic Converter Sport
  • First Step on Transmission is 4500. :cool: 👍
Corrected now, you're the man, nothing can escape from your quality control. Thanks.

Update 2.10

Fats car around the ring or any track after the last Performance Point mess. Good for this chevy.

CHEVROLET CAMARO IROC-Z CONCEPT ‘88 // 450PP // SPORT TIRES

sany0001ox.jpg

chevroletcamaroirocnew_zps12a7ddc9.jpg

Suriname "CHEVROLET CAMARO IROC" waiting for a refit in a Paramaribo garage.

Enjoy your drive.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°

Good'll spend the whole tune for you to find out.
Aero: 15/30
Ballast: 0/0
Regulator power: 97.7%
LSD: 8/16/5
Suspeção
Height: -15/-5
Adjust spring: 14.4/15.6
Extension: 8/8
Compresion: 7/7
Bars: 4/4
Camber: 2.4/1.8
Angulo axis: -0.10/-0.05
Brakes: 6/5

The maximum speed of this gearbox at 319 Km / h, only at the end of the straight at Monza he comes 298/299Km/h.
The car is equipped with Rigidity Improvement, Level 3 Engine, Turbo Kit 2 (Medium speed).

I'm 1:40.600 with my Loctite '01 tune on it and your aero 15/30.
I'm slower with your tune .500
Gearbox is:
Reset
FG= 4,200
Top speed 200kmh
1-4,438
2-3,440
3-2,741
4-2,249
5-1,900
6-1,651
Then FG again at 2,520
Up right showing 320 kmh

Last edited:
PEUGEOT 908 HDI FAP - TEAM PEUGEOT TOTAL '10

This car is 5'35" driving clean and safe at the ring.

nrburgringnordschleife1j.jpg
nrburgringnordschleife1n.jpg
nrburgringnordschleife1p.jpg

Parts to install:

Turbo stage 2

Downforce 60/85

Transmission how to process:
1- Select default
2- Select final gear at 2.813 (STOCK)
3- Select top speed at 410 km/h = 254,8 mph
4- Set each gear at this ratio:
1: 3.210
2: 2.268
3: 1.691
4: 1.308
5: 1.049
6: 0.871
It 'll give a top speed (above on the right) of 385 km/h = 239,2 mph

Tracks: All around / adapt with final gear to each track

power 914 hp
weight 930 kg
perf. points 737 pp

LSD Rear 06/06/05

Ride Height: Front -10 / Rear 00

Spring Rate 12.5/11.0
Extension 8/1
Compression 8/4
Anti-roll bars 7/4

Camber 0.2/0.2
Toe -0.08/+0.04

Brake Balance 7/9

tires R1/R1 to R3/R3

Enjoy.

Worked really well for me, rock solid, very stable, very little over or understeer. Thanks.

Worked really well for me, rock solid, very stable, very little over or understeer. Thanks.
You're welcome, enjoy your drive.

I just want to ask you,,how do you decide on what weight a car should have? per 400pp, 500pp etc.? Thanks for all your tunes mate.
Generally ,lighter is better till a certain point. But ,when i'm not satisfied with the balance of a car, i add ballast and i try to find the faster configuration with this.
Try after try , my ghost tell me what is the best choice.
I only tune on tracks i know perfectly, there i can repeat the same situation lap after lap and during the test ,ghost is the perfect tool for me.

I'm 1:40.600 with my Loctite '01 tune on it and your aero 15/30.
I'm slower with your tune .500
Gearbox is:
Reset
FG= 4,200
Top speed 200kmh
1-4,438
2-3,440
3-2,741
4-2,249
5-1,900
6-1,651
Then FG again at 2,520
Up right showing 320 kmh

Hello Praiano. Today I tested the adjustment gearbox that you step ... recognize an improvement ... I managed to do in Monza 1:40.100, ie very close to my goal ...
Thank you so much for your help.👍👍👍

Hi friend!!
After de 2.10 I've done the event GT500 600PP, and initially with 2.09 the NSX are the best, but now the players have taken better times with Toyotas Supras, premium and standar, because these models have lost more PP.

As not have an updated tune any model, can you check any? Maybe we get a surprise...

Have a nice day!

I just wanted you to know, I love the format you post your tunes. On my IPad, I tap on your tune chart, save as a image, and I have in my Camera roll for quick finding. Any chance you'll do an iPad app? Could you give me a link of a good tuning guide. I want a better understanding on tuning.

NISSAN GT-R BLACK EDITION `12 // 600PP // SPORT SOFT - ONLINE OK

DLC CAR

This is the kind of car i really love to drive. No doubt a pilot car, not extremely sharp but you have to do the right input on the direction , brake and acceleration. Playing with everything to stay on the fast line is not difficult but it ask some concentration. The result is very very fun and very very fast. I race it on deep forest , trial , laguna , ring..... allways with a great pleasure anywhere. It´s still perfect detuned to 580PP with Sport medium.

One of my best tune. At least one i enjoy the most. 👍:):)

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Kyoto-Shoren-in.jpg

GTRblack12.jpg

Enjoy your drive.

Hey mate,

Thanks for all tunes so far, really helped a lot. Could you perhaps post a maxed out tune for Nissan GTR Black edition?

Thanks.

Hi friend!!
After de 2.10 I've done the event GT500 600PP, and initially with 2.09 the NSX are the best, but now the players have taken better times with Toyotas Supras, premium and standar, because these models have lost more PP.

As not have an updated tune any model, can you check any? Maybe we get a surprise...

Have a nice day!

I'll check it but i'm very busy for the moment . Crazy update...:ouch:

I just wanted you to know, I love the format you post your tunes. On my IPad, I tap on your tune chart, save as a image, and I have in my Camera roll for quick finding. Any chance you'll do an iPad app? Could you give me a link of a good tuning guide. I want a better understanding on tuning.
Thanks, i'll ask to my friend who'is taking care of this APP.
For the tuning thread you have some excelent.
CSLACR Tuning guide
Motor City Hami guide
will stay the same by now

Generally ,lighter is better till a certain point. But ,when i'm not satisfied with the balance of a car, i add ballast and i try to find the faster configuration with this.
Try after try , my ghost tell me what is the best choice.
I only tune on tracks i know perfectly, there i can repeat the same situation lap after lap and during the test ,ghost is the perfect tool for me.

Thank you Sir:tup:

Thanks a lot for yours kinds words.
Take care with this handicap, even with 80 years old..... it's not a bicycle race !!:) and the Cien is a great car.
Try the MERCEDES-BENZ SL65 AMG (R230) '04 // 550PP // RACING SOFT TIRES
It have a great top speed , lot of power and a huge torque. This is my fastest 550PP road on Suzuka for example.
Check the Supra also. Those cars fully doped with steroids after 2.10...:scared::scared:

Good luck......... to your father !!! and for you too, you'll need a big amount for sure !!!

><(((((°>°°°°°

Hello Praiano, I am experiencing some oversteer at Indy with your SL65 setup, would you recommend a method to reduce oversteer at Indy? Thanks in advance for any help!

Hello Praiano, I am experiencing some oversteer at Indy with your SL65 setup, would you recommend a method to reduce oversteer at Indy? Thanks in advance for any help!

Low the LSD accel, from 12/24/22 try 12/18/22 or less accel value only, till you feel comfortable.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°

Back