Looping When Trying To Load Game After 2.10 Udate *FIXED*

Are you having the looping problems after 2.10 update

• Total voters
Ok, thanks. Just thought I'd ask you to do it since you've been a big part of this thread from the beginning and know whats been going on from the start.
No probs mate all is taken care of below.:D
Chat soon bye for now.:)

I make a tutorial

Is in my poor english but will save time. Copy to a new post if you want :)

Tutorial to fix problem with 2.10 update.

1. Don't delete anything That includes any DLC. Nothing needs to be deleted.

2. Downgrade to 2.07 (academy disc) or 2.07 or 2.09 (downloading updates)
How to downgrade? Go to GAME DATA UTILITY select GT5 / triangle / delete

3. You need to find for your ghost car/s, That car are unable to be choosen, sell or deleted. when you find it go to next step.

4. Go to your GT world menu and click over options / Design options / and change background color to the first one (blue) and Backgroud image to the first aswell (afternoon one)

5. Again go to GAME DATA UTILITY and delete the game to go back 1.00 version (First GT5 disc edition)

6. Enter the GT5, say no to updates and go to your garage. Delete the car/s

7. You can be back to 2.10. :)

Nice one zephyrus thats great, Mitch just needs to copy it in the Original post so its there for people to see. :bowdown:
Saves me some work. Thanks. :cheers:
Chat soon bye for now.:)

Last edited:
I make a tutorial

1. Don't delete anything!

2. Downgrade to 2.07 (academy disc) or 2.07 or 2.09 (downloadig updates)
How to downgrade? Go to GAME DATA UTILITY select GT5 / triangle / delete, and download again the updates.

3. You need to find for your ghost car/s, That car are unable to be choice, sell or deleted. when you find it go to next step.

4. Go to your GT world menu and click over options / Design options / and change background color to the first one (blue) and Backgroud image to the first asswell (afternoon one)

5. Again go to GAME DATA UTILITY and delete the game to go back 1.00 version (First GT5 disc edition)

Ok, but first, we don't know for sure if this works for everyone and two, the proper people need to be given credit for their part in the fix as various people came up with certain steps in getting this whole thing put together. It was not one single person that came up with a fix. It was a joint effort between a few people.

You totally jumped the gun here. People need to be given credit for their hard work. I appreciate your efforts here, but its not quite what I was looking for.

Ok, but first, we don't know for sure if this works for everyone and two, the proper people need to be given credit for their part in the fix as various people came up with certain steps in getting this whole thing put together. It was not one single person that came up with a fix. It was a joint effort between a few people.

You totally jumped the gun here. People need to be given credit for their hard work. I appreciate your efforts here, but its not quite what I was looking for.

Its sound mate you just need to fine tune it so all is ok. Then get it copied into the OP.:D

Simple works best since many on here English is not there first language.
Just make adjustments as necessary, Then you,ll have a good looking OP to save alot of hard work for people digging around.👍
Cheers chat soon bye for now.:)

Yeah of course but we have some conclusions

1. undeletable cars are the problem

2. looping or locked screen in GT main menu when we go back to 1.00.

3. Why some peolple was some easy than others? because not all users change design background options. Im sure of that.

4. Its necesary delete DLC content from the game data? no

That conclusions means that the problem are in our direction. Its a step :)

Its sound mate you just need to fine tune it so all is ok. Then get it copied into the OP.:D

Simple works best since many on here English is not there first language.
Just make adjustments as necessary, Then you,ll have a good looking OP to save alot of hard work for people digging around.👍
Cheers chat soon bye for now.:)

Ok. Its a nice write up, I just wanted to give credit to the people that deserve it for all their hard work, thats all.

Yeah of course but we have 2 problems.

1. undeletable cars.

2. looping o locked screen in GT main menu when we go back to 1.00.

3. Why some peolple was some easy than others? because not all users change design background options. Im sure of that.

4. Its necesary delete DLC content from the game data? no

That conclusions means that the problem are in our direction. Its a step :)

Yes, thats why I said a complete writeup with all steps but its fine I guess. Just leave it like it is.

@ Cargo : I just thought of something that might have been missed, when going back to 1.00 or any older version with newer saves ( DLC cars in it ), be sure to change the saves Options settings beforehand to default like in 1.0. Your saves might have difficulty loading in early version due to conflicting options settings ( there are many options that are only available in later versions ) Also make sure the save has you using a car that is in 1.0, and turn off all favorites car ( if they are not in older version ). Any little bit might help the game load.

@ Cargo : I just thought of something that might have been missed, when going back to 1.00 or any older version with newer saves ( DLC cars in it ), be sure to change the saves Options settings beforehand to default like in 1.0. Your saves might have difficulty loading in early version due to conflicting options settings ( there are many options that are only available in later versions ) Also make sure the save has you using a car that is in 1.0, and turn off all favorites car ( if they are not in older version ). Any little bit might help the game load.
Thats true. I dont take care about it but when I get to go back 1.00 my favourite list was empty.

I make a tutorial

1. Don't delete anything!

2. Downgrade to 2.07 (academy disc) or 2.07 or 2.09 (downloadig updates)
How to downgrade? Go to GAME DATA UTILITY select GT5 / triangle / delete, and download again the updates.

3. You need to find for your ghost car/s, That car are unable to be choice, sell or deleted. when you find it go to next step.

4. Go to your GT world menu and click over options / Design options / and change background color to the first one (blue) and Backgroud image to the first asswell (afternoon one)

Ok, did all this. With no updates at all with original disc, still stuck at the silver flashing GT screen. Should I install first update then try?

Ok, did all this. With no updates at all with original disc, still stuck at the silver flashing GT screen. Should I install first update then try?

:(

try it but sounds bad again.

Wich car you have selected? because if I remember you delete all cars except undeleatble DLC's and the 2 nascars
Are you trying in a normal savegame with all cars?
If the game (1.00) cant recognize your car (DLC, ghost) automaticaly the game change you to a normal one.

Its nice for you to have the XL disc. I also buy the academy to dont download 4.6 gb each time.

You can try to the first update (608mb 1.05) but if your ghost cars are the 2011 nascars from 2.00 maybe previous versions wont be able to delete that cars :S

Ups thats is a step back :(

I'm going to wait for a patch, i can't be bothered surfing through 989 cars just to delete a few ghost car. PD made this problem, they should be the one's fixing it. NOT ME! As much as i want to play GT5, i can't be bothered finding these "Ghost Cars".

deleted some cars twice, it should be good now. gonna try it out, hopefully its good now, that updates and instal take WAY too long.

edit: ouch, that was painful. had to delete almost nothing but 1/2 mln + a piece rare and expensive cars (5 premium, 10+ standard). at least the game is working again, deleted all the cars i won on the day i won the nascar and all the cars of the next day (the 20th and the 21st of oct.) i already mis my classic rally cars and touring cars...:nervous::guilty::grumpy:

Last edited:
@ GTP_CargoRat

I have managed to get into your save in 1.05 and delete the 2 offending Nascars from your save, am currently updating to latest version to try and see if it helps, will post back soon.

shepzki
@ GTP_CargoRat

I have managed to get into your save in 1.05 and delete the 2 offending Nascars from your save, am currently updating to latest version to try and see if it helps, will post back soon.

Good luck.

I am hoping Cargo Rats save can be recovered.

@ GTP_CargoRat

How did you manage to do it ? Any special step ?

Ok, first off I was only able to delete the 2 offending cars thanks to the information zephyrus posted, all my other attempts to access the save at that patch point had failed. After deleting the cars, bought another car from the UCD and got in it for some reason, saved the game. Loaded up my academy disk and updated to newest version, worked first time. Did get some warning messages about too many items and to delete some, I don't know why you might need 630+ gt academy racing suits but I deleted some and no more warning messages after that.

@ Milldrum, I have no idea, you will have to ask the boss.

Last edited:
Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It worked guys, oh my god it worked!!! I now have my beloved save back. I can't believe it. I owe it all to you guys. Without you guys and your hard work and dedication, none of this would have been possible. I am truely indebted to you guys.

Have you ever seen a grown man cry? Well, when that game loaded up with no looping, I'm not gonna lie, a tear did come in my eye!! You guys are great.

Its almost 3am here and I'm dead tired so I gotta get some sleep but I fully intend to do the appropiate thank you's tomorrow/today when I get up.

If anyone wants to do a write of the fix or amend the one from earlier, feel free and then I will add it to the OP.

Problem solved by the greatest community in gaming. You guys are great. Will talk to you guys after I get some sleep. Peace my friends.

Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It worked guys, oh my god it worked!!! I now have my beloved save back. I can't believe it. I owe it all to you guys. Without you guys and your hard work and dedication, none of this would have been possible. I am truely indebted to you guys.

Have you ever seen a grown man cry? Well, when that game loaded up with no looping, I'm not gonna lie, a tear did come in my eye!! You guys are great.

Its almost 3am here and I'm dead tired so I gotta get some sleep but I fully intend to do the appropiate thank you's tomorrow/today when I get up.

If anyone wants to do a write of the fix or amend the one from earlier, feel free and then I will add it to the OP.

Problem solved by the greatest community in gaming. You guys are great. Will talk to you guys after I get some sleep. Peace my friends.

:)

Haha, well it looks like my early morning efforts were not needed as he fixed it anyway. :D It's all good, IMO credit must go to zephyrus as like I said all other attempts to delete those cars had failed, with his info that was possible and that was the key. Good job everyone who tried to help. 👍

Haha, well it looks like my early morning efforts were not needed as he fixed it anyway. :D It's all good, IMO credit must go to zephyrus as like I said all other attempts to delete those cars had failed, with his info that was possible and that was the key. Good job everyone who tried to help. 👍

I appreciate your efforts tho mate. Your willingness to go the extra mile is greatly appreciated and I thank you for that. If there is anything I can do for you in the future, please don't hesitate to ask. Your time and effort for sure is appreciated and am grateful for your help. Peace my friend. Gotta get some sleep now. G-nite everyone.

GTP_CargoRat
Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very happy you have your save back.

I had my fingers crossed for you congrats mate.

Hopefully the same trick works for me, I'll know in a little bit anyways. Hopefully I can find my save that I backed up before deleting all the new stuff and try it.

Edit 1 - Success! thank you zephyrus! now to see if I can find my original save and try again with that

Edit 2 - Success x2! I found my backed up save with DLC, fixed it, and am 100% back in business

Also a tip for finding your bad cars - After deleting game data and working back up to 2.0x, you're probably going to be missing quite a few car thumbnails. Pick the top car on your list regardless if it has a thumbnail or not, and hit generate thumbnails for all cars.

The game will hang up on your problem cars and you'll probably have to quit and reload the game, but then you can scroll down in your garage and look for missing thumbnails. If the problem cars aren't the first missing thumbnail, they are most likely really close to that spot on your list.

Last edited:
Its great to be seeing good news come out of thread for those who were stuck on the DLC saves of the 2.09/2.10

Need to be seeing members from the POLL reporting they have got back up and running so we know its a fix for everyone?
Congrats guys for all who have got back up and running and the time and effort put in.👍
And well done zephyrus on the find to changed some settings while in 2.09.

Anyone awaiting for a patch from PD, In my honest opinion I DON,T think one will come has the cars which were undeletable is not quite the problem caused by the 2.10.
The problem has always been with peoples saves that had undeletable cars and its only been highlighted by 2.10 but could of easily been sorted many moons ago by anyone who would of gone back to an earlier version/save and done what is happening now to fix there problem?

@ Cargorat/Mitch Good to see your sorted mate.👍 Woohoo

You just need to get all the instructions and any minor details that need correcting while in 2.09 and modify the OP so people can get going instead of reading the thread in all its entirety.

Chat soon bye for now folk.:)

___________Posted this here for Cargorat/Mitch so he can copy and paste into the OP_________​
Your problem all starts with undeletable car/s which is in your garage/save game.
The last place you could use that save was in version 2.09 of GT5?
You need to revert back to 2.09 and do a few simple things so you can get your save to work while in version 1.00.

1. Don't delete anything, That includes any DLC. Nothing needs to be deleted.

2. Downgrade to 2.09 How to downgrade? Go to GAME DATA UTILITY select GT5 / triangle / delete.

You now need to install updates to get you back to version 2.09. You could do this manually from the internet or use a version of the GT5 disc or Academy discs which has updates already on the disc?

3. You need to find for your ghost car/s, (Undeletable cars.) The cars are unable to be choosen, sold or deleted. When you find it or them go to next step.

4. Go to your GT world menu And click over the options / Design options / and change background color to the first one (BLUE) and Backgroud image to the first aswell (Afternoon one)
This step is still under construction has some things could be tried slightly differently.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8037704#post8037704
But the main thing is that your save in 2.09 needs to be able to open in version 1.00 so things need to be altered to do so.

5. Again go to GAME DATA UTILITY and delete the game to go back to 1.00 version. (If version 1.00 does NOT work for you. You could try the first update which is 608mb and that takes you to version 1.05.) You need to use the First GT5 disc edition?
(No other versions of the disc will get you back to version 1.00)

6. Enter the GT5, Say no to updates and go to your garage. Delete the car/s

7. Once you have done the above steps You can then install back to 2.10. :)
_____________________​

After completion of the updates and you have a working save that loads in 2.10
You may have to go through the process of updating any DLC you may have. Or any that will have the exclamation marks on them while in garage view.
You can go to your account manager on your XMB and redownload them or re-install them?
Plus you can aslo check by going to PSN store and they will be in your download history. So these items are not lost but just need to be reinstalled. Plus there are many threads on the subject on how to go about this so help is there for anyone who has problems?
Plus its advisable to install the family upgrade pack so all DLC is available in all accounts.
_______________​
While you are now back in version 2.10 you may have a garage full of cars but the thumbnails look a bit crazy.
Just click on the trianlge in garage view and create thumbnails for all, This will take time depending on how many cars you have.

When going back to 1.00 or any older version with newer saves ( DLC cars in it ), be sure to change the saves Options settings beforehand to default like in 1.0.
Your saves might have difficulty loading in early version due to conflicting options settings ( there are many options that are only available in later versions )
Also make sure the save has you using a car that is in 1.0, and turn off all favorites car ( if they are not in older version ).
If in doubt while in version 2.09 buy a car from the car dealers

If anyone see,s any edits that can be altered just let Cargorat/Mitch know so he can get it has clear as possible for anyone looking into the OP (Original Post of this thread?)
Thanks and good luck everyone.

Last edited:
I heard the problem was solved? That's great news! Glad I put faith into this thread, been reading it for a while. :)👍

Happy to see everyone is happy again too, makes me happy too haha. :D I bow my hat down to @zephyrus with his great help and everyone elses help.

Cheers everyone. :cheers:

EDIT: Will this be posted as GTP's next news? I hope so. :)

Last edited:
Great result. That info from zephyrus about changing your Design Setting was a wee gem! Not to forget all the other tidbits contributed by several others as well.

I seem to remember that PD added several Welcome Message Photos around the time the Course Pack DLC was released with Spa and Kart Space. So yeah if you have one of those later photos on your GTLife page and downgrade below when they were available it's natural that the game will loop or crash when trying to load GTLife. So simple with hindsight.

Two birds killed with one stone, usable 2.10 saves and pesky unusable cars gone.

Perhaps PD did us a favour? :crazy: Now I'm gonna run for cover.... :D

Anyway awesome you got your save back Cargo and many more will have theirs back too. Great thread!!! I've bookmarked it.

There seems to be another pattern that has emerged. The "corrupt" cars seem to be the result of people winning or purchasing them while playing on a downgraded version of the game for one reason or another. I could well be wrong in saying that. I'd say that all those cars have been in some way tweeked by PD at some stage. Therefore their downgraded specs are not compatible with later versions of the game so they show up as "corrupted". Probably something to do with aero/suspension/lsd/transmition tuning values being out of current range. Remeber when the game was new you couldn't adjust transmition settings etc. Could be something to do with that too. Just a guess..

Moral of the story.. Never play GT5 on a downgraded version and always keep a current version savedata backup.

Perhaps the OP should say you must downgrade to version 1.0 or 1.05 of the game to do the final steps as 1.05 was mentioned https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8037636#post8037636 as the version used by shepzki to delete the offending cars.

Last edited:
Back