CLOSED: 3.0 Unlimited Competition Week 6

• Thread starter Taiga
  • 65 comments
Singapore
Singapore
lowzikai
week6.png

GPR's vision of the theme:

Pretty open theme you can do whatever you like but your shot must feature the colour blue in a prominent or strong way.

Any location allowed.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS:Must strongly feature the colour Blue.

3unlimitedrules-1.png

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.

This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.

• It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
• Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
• Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
it makes poll creation much easier!

• One entry per user.
It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
• Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
• Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
• You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
• When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
• Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
• A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
• Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
• Winner gets to choose the following week's theme, as well as the Top 15.
• Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
• The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
• It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends.

3editing-1.png

• Crop and/or resize an image.
• Adjust the level or curve values.
• Alter the colour tone of the image (gradient maps, photo filters, colour balance, etc).
• Car body colour change (all stickers/design features must remain, see "Remove Items" rule).
• Adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, shadow/highlights.
• Enhance shadows or highlights (dodge and burn tools in Photoshop, for example).
• Add noise and/or diffuse glow.
• Add a post-game tilt-shift blur, or apply a motion blur to a stationary Photomode shot.
• Make use of Layer Blend Modes.
• Use a Sharpening filter and/or tool.
• Scale or enlarge rims.
• Remove or modify license plates.
• Remove the GT watermark.
• Add a personal signature.
• Clean up or fix jaggies, texture pixelation, or colour separation.
• Add a vignette effect.

• Artistic filters are allowed; that means green light for lens flares, ghost effects, etc.
• Weather edits are allowed but do refrain from using it on every single entry you put out.
• Multiple photos are allowed, HDR and photo-stitch away!
• Selective colouring and masking of the car or background is allowed.
• Light leaks, dirt particles, fractal effects, typography, and any along the lines of the mentioned are allowed.

• Small images outside of GT5 is allowed. This includes logos, car body parts (e.g. rims, decals), textures (e.g. retro filter grain), small objects (e.g. trees, grass, bricks).
• Large images are, however, disallowed. This includes background swapping, placing a whole car into the photo, changing the environment entirely and etc.

(e.g. trees, grass).
• On the issue of placing cars into photos, if the car is taken from a GT5 photo, and placed into another GT5 photo, it's fine. This makes for multi-car phototravel shots.

• IMPORTANT: Winners, to allow for a more open competition (not too restrictive), please limit the description of your theme at your own will. (Try to avoid themes like "Mazdas at Nurburgring", or "Only at Trial Mountain")

Please refrain from distancing away from the theme with your edits, saying if there is not really a need for a weather edit, it is recommended that you don't add it in.

Ruleset has been given a thorough rethink and is about finalized. Do still give thoughts on it though. Cheers.

Failure to follow these rules will result in ignored entries and/or disqualification!

3deadline.png

Sunday, 10th March [10:00 GMT]

Last edited:
Errm, Fyshokid. "Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text."

Just a friendly reminder! :D

I've been doing different colored "FINAL ENTRY" text for months now, without anybody saying anything. Kind of a weird rule, if you ask me. Who came up with it, anyway?

Taiga, will I be disqualified if I don't change the color?

Hmm, really? :lol:

Oh well, I'm not really a frequent entrant in photomode competitons, so I'm not really "experienced". :P :lol:

I've been doing different colored "FINAL ENTRY" text for months now, without anybody saying anything. Kind of a weird rule, if you ask me. Who came up with it, anyway?

Taiga, will I be disqualified if I don't change the color?

Nope, it's fine so long as it's marked 'Final Entry'

Final Entry

I've never done a 3.0 edit before, so this is just for fun. If anyone wants to comment, I'd love to know how I could improve my skills. :)

Well done Beeblebrox237!
Your debut is well appreciated – at least by me :)
Love that sexy drifting Elise (one of my all-time favorites in GT)

That's not a bad effort for a first edit Beeblebrox. So far it's the only entry that really shows off blue in a strong and dominating way. So that's good.

I guess what it could have to really up the 3.0 showiness is some play with light leaks or subtle lens texturing. Or even further dramatic enhancement of the sky seeing as it does command a fair percentage of the whole piece. Or if you're feeling really adventurous you could add more elemts in the backgorund like buildings or more landscpe elements.

But it's pretty decent as is if you're not confident in trying out more stuff on it.

Hadn't noticed this until now and kinda wished i hadn't considering how brilliant your choice of car is but we can't put an entire car into the photo:indiff:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like a Trans Cammer where all he's done is add some taillights.

Well done Beeblebrox237!
Your debut is well appreciated – at least by me :)
Love that sexy drifting Elise (one of my all-time favorites in GT)
Awesome! I love the Elise, too, so good to drive.
GPR
That's not a bad effort for a first edit Beeblebrox. So far it's the only entry that really shows off blue in a strong and dominating way. So that's good.

I guess what it could have to really up the 3.0 showiness is some play with light leaks or subtle lens texturing. Or even further dramatic enhancement of the sky seeing as it does command a fair percentage of the whole piece. Or if you're feeling really adventurous you could add more elemts in the backgorund like buildings or more landscpe elements.

But it's pretty decent as is if you're not confident in trying out more stuff on it.
Thanks for the detailed feedback! I tried to fit the theme in a subtle way using a very blue base photo. Thank you for the suggestions, I may re-edit it later in the week using some of the techniques you described. I probably won't add any buildings, though, that might exceed my skill set, and I don't think it fits the mood of the photo. Enhancement of the sky is something that I will definitely try, though. Thanks again! :cheers:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that looks like a Trans Cammer where all he's done is add some taillights.

I did think that but wasn't sure, i just thought it looked a little short for the transcammer although thats probably just the angle:ouch:

Hadn't noticed this until now and kinda wished i hadn't considering how brilliant your choice of car is but we can't put an entire car into the photo:indiff:

It isn't the entire car only the taillights are edited, see here

This is exactly what I was expecting and waiting for from SM! 👍 :)

Great entry from you too Raph! 👍

Thanks Nathan,
still miss competing with you during those glorious days of Photoshop Competitions.
We were having a ball… am I right!?

FINAL ENTRY

......... a bit rushed as Skyrim has kinda taken over my life right now esp with all the DLC :scared:, been missing a few comps lately:guilty:

Back