◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Jester,
If you are using the desktop, make sure you are using the right tag; it looks like you are using the incorrect one since you have an extra [Image] tag.

The Audi shot is sublime!

BTW, Audi dominating Sebring this year. Maybe another sweep of the podium in the making!...
Only 2 Audis racing! So no sweep.

Thanks Wolf. I'll try that. I'll post a few later tonight and see how it works.

That Audi shot is one of my favorites. The photo mode in GT5 is addicting as hell

Thanks Wolf. I'll try that. I'll post a few later tonight and see how it works.

That Audi shot is one of my favorites. The photo mode in GT5 is addicting as hell

For those American Muscle lovers... the new Viper GTS is looking mighty fierce!

Here are some more of my favorite photos. Still practicing with this.

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_zps53bf4a4c.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_1_zps8907cc56.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_zpsd45f0981.jpg

CircuitdelaSarthe2009NoChicanes_zps8b3e32ed.jpg

NuumlrburgringNordschleife2_zps66c98eca.jpg

Jester,
If you are using the desktop, make sure you are using the right tag; it looks like you are using the incorrect one since you have an extra [Image] tag.

The Audi shot is sublime!

BTW, Audi dominating Sebring this year. Maybe another sweep of the podium in the making!...
Only 2 Audis racing! So no sweep.

Yep. That was it wolf. They show in my phone now. Also thanks to tcrash your way was much more efficient

Hey guys I've got a couple of questions, I've read through the rules so either i didn't understand or didn't see it so here they are.
1. If an obviously faster driver rides your tail for a while do you slow and let him around?
2. Am I eligible for the sunday races? I was assigned to devision 2 a couple of days ago so can I start in the middle of the season ?
3. I was practicing at Spa today and noticed its kinda hard to avoid the rumble strips, so what is acceptable so i dont get any penalty points? Can i place two tires on but not over the rumble strips in my normal driving line?
4. What color can i paint my cars? I saw where there may be certain colors that are already taken, do i need to register a color combo and number?

Hey guys I've got a couple of questions, I've read through the rules so either i didn't understand or didn't see it so here they are.
1. If an obviously faster driver rides your tail for a while do you slow and let him around?
2. Am I eligible for the sunday races? I was assigned to devision 2 a couple of days ago so can I start in the middle of the season ?
3. I was practicing at Spa today and noticed its kinda hard to avoid the rumble strips, so what is acceptable so i dont get any penalty points? Can i place two tires on but not over the rumble strips in my normal driving line?
4. What color can i paint my cars? I saw where there may be certain colors that are already taken, do i need to register a color combo and number?

1. It's whatever you think is necessary, one problem with pulling out of the way from the faster guy, you'll maybe lose a few places especially in D2 where everyone is within a few seconds of each other.

2. Yes you can join and race at any time.

3. Maybe use a little bit of brakes if you're going over the lines, you must keep atleast 2 tires within the racing lines

4. The number and color are both optional but it's recommended so that you have a little bit of uniqueness when you race

Ok I know we're not fully decided yet but without penalties D1 is still counting two tires on rumbles strips right? I mean since SPA normally penalizes you for outside tires, specifically La Rouge.

1. That'd be mighty gentlemanly of you, but also kinda stupid because you'd be losing places on purpose....I don't think anyone gives Vettel a free spot, right? Unless you're being lapped, make them work for it.
2. Yeah, i think so
3. 2 tires have to stay on track (sometimes rumble strip or inside white lines...it depends) at all times, but 2 can be way out in left field.
4. Jobyone has the list, I think...

ABS and Brake bias are all yours to change.

A lot of misinformation and half-truths floating around here. I'm in D2 with you so you know I wouldn't steer you wrong… ;)

1. Absolutely not! (Unless you're being lapped.) You're racing for points, not kindness. Drive defensively. Make that guy work for it. I once started in front with a car that I had failed to break in against a field in which more than half of the drivers were faster than me. I made them work at every corner and drove as defensively as I could (without illegally blocking down the straights or anything.) I managed to hold on to third, I believe, and will never forget that race.

2. Yes. You can race starting mid-season. In fact, since you only missed one week, you're also in contention for the monthly championship, as only the highest three scores for the month are totaled for that. Get to it!

3. If there are rumble strips they are considered a part of the track. You only need to keep two tires on the track. In other words, you can drive with two wheels on the rumble strip and two in the grass all around the track if it pleases you. (You'd look like an idiot, though.) If there are no rumble strips the white line is the border, though I find that gets cheated a lot on the straight at Deep Forest, ahem. Also, partly for Oshawa but important for everyone, keep it inside of the lines in the circle at Cape Ring.

4. This has been answered. Joby is the keeper of the color chart. It's ideal that you have a color that is unique from the rest of the drivers in your division. Quick recognition of competitors is ideal for various reasons. Find Jobyone and check his signature lines.

Hi guys,

I looked at the color chart for Div. 4. There are a lot of open colors, but also I noticed that there are only a few racers listed. Can anyone who races regularly in D4 let me know of a color that is not used much by regular racers?

My orange from D3 seems to be taken.

Thanks

Just wondering is anyone who practiced on Wednesday night saw this post. I'd like to get the lineup updated with the correct laps, but I have no idea what they are. Does anyone have those lap numbers?

I'd like to revisit the debate earlier this week on whether or not penalties should be turned off in D1.

The last time it was brought up, I suggested a vote among the D1 drivers, but nobody really "voted" and the discussion was overtaken with other topics at that time. The same thing kinda happened this time around too. Therefore, I'd like to give you D1 guys a formal opportunity to cast an official vote on the topic. Here you go:

Here are the results of the D1 penalty settings vote:

D1 drivers who want to keep penalties on WEAK:
  1. JoeW / Ice_Warden

D1 drivers who want to turn penalties OFF:
  1. JazzNine / JazzVanWolfe
  2. dangerzone641
  3. fiestauk / SPEED14231234
  4. racefan78
  5. Worst_Driver / GTP_Worst_Driver
  6. OwensRacing
  7. hillracing

Not everyone in D1 voted, but enough voted to form a clear majority. Therefore, D1 penalties should be turned OFF starting tonight.

EDIT: I've updated the original post to reflect the new penalty setting for D1 (under 'Settings').

Maybe D1 could be a pilot program to see how it works with penalties off and the rest of the divisions could implement the same if it works well.

This sounds reasonable, but let's give it until the end of the March season until we consider changing the penalty setting in any other division. That should give us enough time to determine the success or failure of the change.

Last edited:
Just wondering is anyone who practiced on Wednesday night saw this post. I'd like to get the lineup updated with the correct laps, but I have no idea what they are. Does anyone have those lap numbers?

6 for the Supra/Cape Ring combo, and 5 for the Vette/Spa combo. I might be wrong about the Vette though...

6 for the Supra/Cape Ring combo, and 5 for the Vette/Spa combo. I might be wrong about the Vette though...

Thanks, dabneyd. I've updated the lineup. If Round 3 (Vette RM @Spa) is set for 5 laps, that means a typical lap there is about 2 minutes. Does anyone disagree with that?

Not sure I'll make it tonight. Came down with a cold last night and spent it shivering under several blankets. Will see how I feel later. Haven't turned a lap with the new combos.

Not sure I'll make it tonight. Came down with a cold last night and spent it shivering under several blankets. Will see how I feel later. Haven't turned a lap with the new combos.

Hope you get to feeling better. Shot of Chivas and crank the heat?

Hi guys,

I looked at the color chart for Div. 4. There are a lot of open colors, but also I noticed that there are only a few racers listed. Can anyone who races regularly in D4 let me know of a color that is not used much by regular racers?

My orange from D3 seems to be taken.

Thanks
its COLOR TIME

I am working on updating the color sheet and I know some people have posted color requests or asked me while racing. I will admit that I have forgotten or can not find those request.

So if you do not mind can you quote this with any color requests please?

JESter82178 - basically if you do not see anyone listed on the color chart then you can use that color. People who are not listed have either not told us what color/number they want to use or they use a variety of colors. Just let me know what color you want to use and I will update the spreadsheet.

So what about policing Qualifying? What if someone decides to cut the final chicane at Spa for a good lap? There are going to be some big issues with this I can see it now...

its COLOR TIME

I am working on updating the color sheet and I know some people have posted color requests or asked me while racing. I will admit that I have forgotten or can not find those request.

So if you do not mind can you quote this with any color requests please?

JESter82178 - basically if you do not see anyone listed on the color chart then you can use that color. People who are not listed have either not told us what color/number they want to use or they use a variety of colors. Just let me know what color you want to use and I will update the spreadsheet.

I think its about time I pick my colors and number.
Is the color combo of Championship White body/ Schwarz (Black) rims available in D5? Also, is the number "15" available? Thanks!

Back