Andalucía - New Course Maker + Free Roam?

The pamphlet also said you can make your own courses using gps data, im guessing not the actual street's and stuff but an outline of what you want to make, for example your local city streets.!

The pamphlet also said you can make your own courses using gps data, im guessing not the actual street's and stuff but an outline of what you want to make, for example your local city streets.!

If this indeed the case, I plan unleashing the Hualapai Mountains on the GT6 community!

Me three, gentlemen! I am not sure people understand the significance of what this represents.
Hundreds of downloadable tracks, for free!

Just hope they add a online platform where you can overview all these tracks and download them. Also a rating function from 1 to 5 stars would be nice.

Hundreds of downloadable tracks, for free!

Just hope they add a online platform where you can overview all these tracks and download them. Also a rating function from 1 to 5 stars would be nice.

Agreed! I cant wait till we get to see the "plan" view of the course maker environments.

gt4ztuog.gif

gt2bkurc.gif

awesome

I'm surprised there isn't a lot more talk about this subject. As I see it, this is so far the biggest, most important game-changing feature announced for GT6.

Can anyone else see the possibility of free-roam? Kaz said he tried to include free roam in GT5, but ran out of time. I believe this is it...

This is very nice, but one thing I hope is that there are a lot more options in creating the landscape and not get those bland landscapes from GT5 again

I'm surprised there isn't a lot more talk about this subject. As I see it, this is so far the biggest, most important game-changing feature announced for GT6.

Can anyone else see the possibility of free-roam? Kaz said he tried to include free roam in GT5, but ran out of time. I believe this is it...

I believe so too JacoJa. :) The new upgraded course maker so far is by far my most favorite of all, along with the new physics. 👍 This can be the possibility that free roam can be created, just imagine so many free run rooms with open world created tracks in it. :eek:

Now that is gonna be fun, even with your car club members to chill with. :)

Me three, gentlemen! I am not sure people understand the significance of what this represents.

I do. ;)

Agree, it's the one thing that got me most excited, I've actually suggested premade city sections many times on this forum but this is even far better (with country roads as well).
Imagine all the possible layouts, the incredible scenery through those towns and beyond and hopefully the possibility to freely explore (free roam).
I mean, how else would you be able to properly define a track or at least know the interesting sections to create a route?
Let alone just enjoying it for a casual drive, what's more, it will be an incredible theatre for rallying.

8749698474_8fd33e6dc2_b.jpg

I was checking an image someone posted in a reply to a thread of mine and found something...odd. Odd as in "it may support the free roam theory". In the "My home" tab you see two icons: The first one is garage, pretty straightforward, but the second one says "GPS". Now, I could only think of two uses for a GPS in a GT game: 1. The classical GT Life dealership menu could make a comeback (But you'd have to ignore the "Dealerships" tab next to "My home") or 2. FREE ROAM IN ANDALUCÍA BABY!!!! :D

Take it with a grain of salt though, it's only a demo build after all. But honestly, how odd is a GPS option?!

Point to Point race from the city to the country roads :drool: :drool:.Like forza horizon but with better scenery and bigger city.
@ Carbastard it was also stated that a gps is used to simply find errors you made on the track.

It's just a question of connecting the dots. ;)

It's a wonderful question though, because I honestly forgettin about that, and I thank you for it. :) Nice picture btw, it gives me a good idea for a rally track to create once I get GT6 in my hands. 👍

The GPS option is rumoured to have something to do with collecting real life track/road data (coördinates) using a smartphone or similar (and by driving your real car, or bike ;)) and which you can then import into the game to recreate that existing road using the course creator (minus the scenery I suppose, just the layout and elevation changes) although it's a bit unclear at the moment.
So it might have nothing to do with free roam but could offer another groundbreaking new feature if true.

Last edited:
Racing in Cita D'Aria and costa De amalfi with Audi S1 group B rally would be GOLD!!

Agree. I miss those two tracks and their tightness, their sensation of danger and of absurd lunacy. The jumps, the hairpins, the downhills, the scenery, the crowds, the walls coming at you full speed...god!!! GIMME GT6 GIMME GIMME! :D

The GPS option is rumoured to have something to do with collecting real life track/road data (coördinates) using a smartphone or similar (and by driving your real car, or bike ;)) and which you can then import into the game to recreate that existing road using the course creator (minus the scenery I suppose, just the layout and elevation changes) although it's a bit unclear at the moment.
So it might have nothing to do with free roam but could offer another groundbreaking new feature if true.

I think, and hope, you are right.

...The course maker will also include a new GPS data feature, which will increase the freedom of track creation in the game.
Source, but no mention of this on the Gran Turismo website.

Agree. I miss those two tracks and their tightness, their sensation of danger and of absurd lunacy. The jumps, the hairpins, the downhills, the scenery, the crowds, the walls coming at you full speed...god!!! GIMME GT6 GIMME GIMME! :D

Me and my little bro used to battle on that track to see who can set the best time, loser obviously had to do push ups(20) :lol: GT6 is getting my blood pumping man!

If you take a better look at some of the Andalucia footage there's some downhill road on the right... I just can immagine the possibilities. The 1080p60 footage on Eurogamer it's fantastic to spot some details...

These extra roads on the surroundings are what I'm really curious about. They said "tens of kilometers"

PowKuiF.jpg

If you take a better look at some of the Andalucia footage there's some downhill road on the right... I just can immagine the possibilities. The 1080p60 footage on Eurogamer it's fantastic to spot some details...

These extra roads on the surroundings are what I'm really curious about. They said "tens of kilometers"

The whole map is 10 square kilometers if I'm correct (don't think they mentioned the combined length of all roads in this map though), and I did instantly spot those country roads but didn't notice that downhill section until now, thanks. 👍

Edit, looking at that downhill section in the enlarged version of that pic I question whether it's actually suited for cars though, seems more like a walking path to me.

8749698474_8fd33e6dc2_b.jpg

I was checking an image someone posted in a reply to a thread of mine and found something...odd. Odd as in "it may support the free roam theory". In the "My home" tab you see two icons: The first one is garage, pretty straightforward, but the second one says "GPS". Now, I could only think of two uses for a GPS in a GT game: 1. The classical GT Life dealership menu could make a comeback (But you'd have to ignore the "Dealerships" tab next to "My home") or 2. FREE ROAM IN ANDALUCÍA BABY!!!! :D

Take it with a grain of salt though, it's only a demo build after all. But honestly, how odd is a GPS option?!
The GPS function in the demo was used to show off the GT86 data logger function. I was doing demonstrations using it. Basically anyone from media who did a lap around Silverstone with GT86 came to us with USB.

This is procedure I did. I selected GPS in menu and then put USB in. Selected data on USB and it loaded up and then game analysed it if it is corrupt or not. If everything was OK, I could then set start and end positions so car was on the track and not in pits. Also could adjust X and Y positions so driving line was on course map. Then I pressed play and it would show the persons lap in GT6 demo.

Some were impressed by it and some were quite passive about it. It will be sure more impressive if people can make their own tracks through their own driving journeys. Will be great to try the best creations.

Doesn't look much like Burnout Paradise...

"Tens of square kilometres" is potentially misleading. The very minimum we can expect of the maximum figure (if you follow) is 20 km², which would correspond to a square about 4.5 km on a side. 10 km² is obviously just over 3 km squared.

This combined with the improved physics should prove riveting for me.
Intrigued by this GPS feature, too, if it can be used for course creator traces.

Doesn't look much like Burnout Paradise...

"Tens of square kilometres" is potentially misleading. The very minimum we can expect of the maximum figure (if you follow) is 20 km², which would correspond to a square about 4.5 km on a side. 10 km² is obviously just over 3 km squared.

This combined with the improved physics should prove riveting for me.
Intrigued by this GPS feature, too, if it can be used for course creator traces.
20km² results in an absolute minimum track length of 15.853km and an absolute maximum of infinite-1km, although the maximum only represents the outer line and not the max possible track length. The max possible track length is dependant on how much space one piece of road needs. Theoretically several hundred kilometers track length are possible.

Back