◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Hello guys. I'd like to join in some of the S.N.A.I.L. racing.

Hi Benz-27,

Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in a visitors message here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

this week's specimens:

ROFL :D :lol: Nice try! Unlikely that we'll ever meet in the same division. And here's some pics to disabuse you, and anyone who's watching, of the notion that I'd ever disgrace any car with any shade of pink.

Got to fooling around with photo travel mode a bit and came up with these shots.

EV set to 2 or 3, I forget which.

EV at 0

This one was before I started messing with shutter speeds, aperture and EV settings.

Joby, feel free to use any of these for your lineup post banner. Think Wolf beat me to the punch, but since I was thinking of this most of the afternoon, did the pics anyway.

Does anyone know how many photo locations there are and how to get them?
Thanks for the pictures guys. How about one of each;)

To all you other Photographers out there If you want to see your car/shot in next weeks lineup just post some pics.

Also they do not have to be in photomode. Lets see some movement next week:idea:

Can I get the friend request from D2? Would love to get some practice in.

Hi zegrated, I sent the D2 friend request to you a short while ago. Feel free to practice in there when it's not occupied. However, please note that many of our other events throughout the week race in the D2 lounge. Therefore, you may want to practice our designated practice lounge, which is the D1 lounge. Our members will join that lounge to practice throughout the day so you can join them if you want some company while practicing. :)

If that interests you, just send a friend request to SNAIL_Division1 and then post here when you've done so. I'll then accept it when I get back to my PS3. 👍

Thanks for the pictures guys. How about one of each;)

To all you other Photographers out there If you want to see your car/shot in next weeks lineup just post some pics.

Also they do not have to be in photomode. Lets see some movement next week:idea:

Thanks Wolf, Dragon, and joby! Looks great!

Btw, anyone got the laps counts? :D

June 23, 2013 lineup:

ROUND ONE
Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) RM '04 (Racing Hard tires)
@Deep Forest Raceway (8 laps)

IntegraRM_DeepForest_zpsce3017a6.jpg

ROUND TWO
Acura NSX RM '91 (Racing Hard tires)
@Nürburgring GP/D (7 laps)

nsx_nurbGPD2_zps51a26ed0.jpg

ROUND THREE
Lexus IS F RM '07 (Racing Hard tires)
@Road Course - Daytona (6 laps)

LexusRM_DaytonaRC_2_zps6aac32d7.jpg

Last edited:
I think it's a Special event, you race to different locations and open up new spots to take photos from. There's even a few hidden trophies in them.

How to unlock all locations.

How many locations. Answer is twelve.

Thanks kcheeb! Checked those out last night and went through the Grand Tour and let all the cut scenes play out and got 3 or 4 more locations opened. During my journey exploring the links you found, I also discovered there are more than 12 which I now have. Not sure how many more but at least 13, since I'm missing the Arhwieler (sp?) Winter location that is an award for getting all golds in the Beginner AMG events. Will work on that tonight, tomorrow night or this weekend. Some folks say there are 16 locations in all. It may be there are only 12 that you can put your selected car in. I have one for Indy Pit but it's got NASCARS running around it and you can't put your car in the scene. 👎

Thursday Race Night in D3 Lounge

06/13/13 at 10:00 PM EST/ 7:00 pm PST
img.php

This event will run with a combined PP cap of:
1980 (SS)
All cars PP must be between 446 and 545

Qualifying and the first race will take place at

Trial Mountain

If you have never tried Performance Cap racing I highly recommend giving it a try. We race in D3 and to help get your car choices started you could run these premiums tonight

Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) RM '04
Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro '09
BMW 135i Coupe '07
Acura NSX RM '91

I imagine you will likely already have most of those broken in and ready to go.

Thanks kcheeb! Checked those out last night and went through the Grand Tour and let all the cut scenes play out and got 3 or 4 more locations opened. During my journey exploring the links you found, I also discovered there are more than 12 which I now have. Not sure how many more but at least 13, since I'm missing the Arhwieler (sp?) Winter location that is an award for getting all golds in the Beginner AMG events. Will work on that tonight, tomorrow night or this weekend. Some folks say there are 16 locations in all. It may be there are only 12 that you can put your selected car in. I have one for Indy Pit but it's got NASCARS running around it and you can't put your car in the scene. 👎

Good luck. I've been trying to get that winter photo scene for sooo long. Only need to gold the last one, a whole lap with traffic, but the traffic keeps screwing up my time:ouch:. I would love to see some pictures from that location when you unlock it.

Got my new wheel today 👍 It works great. Only problem is, Im going to need a different mounting system. The wooden tv tray just isnt going to cut it. I spent most of my time chasing my wheel across the room. lol. guess I need to save more money.:yuck:

Got my new wheel today 👍 It works great. Only problem is, Im going to need a different mounting system. The wooden tv tray just isnt going to cut it. I spent most of my time chasing my wheel across the room. lol. guess I need to save more money.:yuck:

You can do what I did and build a mount out of PVC. Just google "PVC racing cockpit" and you'll find videos and plans.

dabneyd
You can do what I did and build a mount out of PVC. Just google "PVC racing cockpit" and you'll find videos and plans.

I thought about that being I was a plumber for 14yrs lol. But is it sturdy?

hooker4

Bound to be better than what you've got :sly:

But if you really want to use your wheel put it back on the TV tray and put something really heavy on the opposite side. I've got two 20 lb dumbbells holding mine down. It still moves a little, but no more bouncing and flipping around. Just don't get too excited with it and make sure the stand will hold the weight. I've had a few mini heart attacks thinking I was going to break an ankle on a falling dumbbell...

You can also easily and inexpensively build a stand out of 2x4s. Build one to pull up to a coach or a full on rig using an old car/race seat.

You can also easily and inexpensively build a stand out of 2x4s. Build one to pull up to a coach or a full on rig using an old car/race seat.

Thats what my rig is right now. 2x4 frame with a board attached for the pedals. Then another "frame" going laterally at about the middle of the floor bound frame. Fairly sturdy, could be gusseted to make to firmer. just make sure to make it big enough that you can stick the frame behind the front legs of the chair, that way it won't push away from you.

I would like to join!

Hi Mpss,

Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in a visitors message here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I added some screws to hang a few 5-10 pound weights at the corners, and some paint mixing sticks (the big ones) to make triangles at corners for more rigidity. I am going to upgrade once I get a better wheel.

School is out, y'all will see me more for a few months, other than July 2-July 16 for my parents 50th wedding anniversary in Oregon.

Good call on going big on PVC size, Joe. NI went with 1/2" and wish I had used 1". And the diff in price is paltry.

Only problem is, I'm going to need a different mounting system.

For me I always knew I wanted a G27 because I wanted the full experience of shifting my own gears and at the time the G27 was the best bang for the buck. Also the the pedal set on the G27 is way better than the DFGT and is pretty much screaming to be torn apart and mounted for an inverted setup. While I don't row gears when racing in SNAIL (way too many missed gears :dopey:) having them allows for a different experience when the need presents itself.

Like many of my fellow SNAIL'ers I have real world responsibilities and limited time to actually sit down and race. The time I do have I want to maximize to the fullest and try to immerse myself in something other than work/ bills/ family/ stress.....arrrgghhhh! GT5 is my outlet. I've played every version of GT but they've all been with the DS3. Knowing that I wanted to make the experience as real as possible I set out to build myself a rig.

The nmcp1 'Wheelstand'

Yeah this didn't even make it out of the basement. The real Wheelstand is a great piece of engineering and after trying to copy one I will say it's worth every penny. It's compact, sturdy and reasonably priced but it does have that dam bar running between your legs while racing. Something I just couldn't get used to.

DSC_0677_zps819b1c24 by nmcp11, on Flickr

DSC_0676_zps1ba954f1 by nmcp11, on Flickr

'Lawn Chair Racing' by nmcp1

Go ahead laugh..... came up with this idea as the above one went down in flames. I have an awesome wife but there was no way any rig I could come up with was going to be allowed to stay public for the world to see. Provided a really stable setup that could be folded up and gotten out of site. It worked well because we had an area rug that could keep the pedals in place. Then the call came down from on high that the next project was going to be refinishing the floors and I knew the 'Lawn Chair Racing' would soon come to an end.

DSC_1321 by nmcp11, on Flickr

DSC_1320 by nmcp11, on Flickr

DSC_1319 by nmcp11, on Flickr

The S.N.A.I.L Rig...

After joining SNAIL I realized I wanted a more 'realistic' experience. Break out the 3D modeling program and the table saw and this is how I 'roll' these days...

RacingRig_01_zps021bf5cf by nmcp11, on Flickr

RacingRig_02_zpsb8a5ecaf by nmcp11, on Flickr

RacingRig_03_zpsb54961f2 by nmcp11, on Flickr

This is how I keep the seat attached....

RacingRig_06_zps84d7e957 by nmcp11, on Flickr

RacingRig_07_zpse69d163c by nmcp11, on Flickr

Where I spend my Sunday nights...

RacingRig_09_zpsec9ae52b by nmcp11, on Flickr

Wife Mode...

RacingRig_10_zps7f3f52c0 by nmcp11, on Flickr

RacingRig_12_zpsdc53e551 by nmcp11, on Flickr

And of course it's never finished. I need to work on the seat arrangement as well as the cupholder. :sly:

edit: FYI my current setup is in my sig.

Last edited:
Hi zegrated, I sent the D2 friend request to you a short while ago. Feel free to practice in there when it's not occupied. However, please note that many of our other events throughout the week race in the D2 lounge. Therefore, you may want to practice our designated practice lounge, which is the D1 lounge. Our members will join that lounge to practice throughout the day so you can join them if you want some company while practicing. :)

If that interests you, just send a friend request to SNAIL_Division1 and then post here when you've done so. I'll then accept it when I get back to my PS3. 👍

Sent the request to D1 account, thanks! :)

Back