◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,686 comments
Congratulations to JJLopez427 for receiving a field promotion to Division 4 tonight.

Last edited:
They were messing with the servers when that update locked up a number of PS3's. That may have affected something.

This could def have some reasoning that using server space for D3. Maybe the prep for GT Academy. Hmmmm

Here are the official results from our league night on June 23, 2013

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. SPEED14231234 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2 80 points (87.47 for Prize B)
  2. Adventuruss ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. hillracing -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. BerdiyevA --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. OwensRacing ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. martin20az -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. GumballCGT -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. VELOCI_2NR -------- did not submit a vote
  11. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 2
  12. Da_Panda_Bear ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  13. kendawg198 -------- did not submit a vote
  14. racefan78 --------- did not submit a vote
  • GTP_Worst_Driver -- DNR
  • GTXf_Flat6fun ----- DNR
  • serge_1919 -------- DNR
  • RickyBobbyV8 ------ DNR
  • redsoxboy80 ------- DNR
  • WiiFreak ---------- DNR
  • dangerzone641 ----- DNR
Division 2
  1. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2 80 points (83.21 for prize purposes only)
  2. dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. GCarneiroBR ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Garage-father ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. AJK-VAIL ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. zegrated ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 3
  10. tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. AG07WRXTR --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  12. ND_4_SPD_Naruto --- did not submit a vote
  • DrKronin ---------- DNR
  • FaelForna --------- DNR
  • patriot-1128 ------ DNR
  • GTP_Wins ---------- DNR
  • Diabolicwyvern ---- DNR
  • WestCoastNFL ------ DNR
Division 3
  1. VAG_star ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2 88 points (84.10 for prize purposes only)
  2. Oshawa-Joe -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. The2ArmedMen ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. kcheeb ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. schmiggz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. tezgm99 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. HusamOne ---------- did not submit a vote
  • Sandblazter ------- DNR
  • GTSuchiiyaSan ----- DNR
  • Wolfsatz ---------- DNR
  • albtifosi --------- DNR
  • cheechoo777 ------- DNR
  • fereck ------------ DNR
  • BOWTIEKID --------- DNR
  • GTP_SGPracing ----- DNR
  • rallywgn81 -------- DNR
  • DBUCKEYES --------- DNR
  • zer05ive ---------- DNR
Division 4
  1. SoCalRacer310 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2 86 points (90.38 for Prize A)
  2. moperlover -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. steppenwolf111 ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. ChuthuluGoat ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. AJHG1000 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. edwin1017 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. JJLopez_427 ------- did not submit a vote
  9. whatbadgerseat ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. SoundTiger95 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  11. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  12. GTP_pyxen --------- did not submit a vote
  13. otakukid965 ------- did not submit a vote
  • Bandit0627 -------- DNR
  • VrapPlus ---------- DNR
  • iroquois-- -------- DNR
  • JESter82178 ------- DNR
  • o10231994 --------- DNR
  • lifesagamble420 --- DNR
  • Vol_Jbolaz -------- DNR
  • GranStand_Bill ---- DNR
  • aznboi2000 -------- DNR
Division 5
  1. canuckleheadII ---- voted to eliminate Round 3 78 points (84.36 for Prize C)
  2. Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. SCREAMING_CHIEF --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. hooker4 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. raymann500 -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. Handlebar-Man ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. nerf058 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  11. Fabricio98 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  12. flesxruoyxllik ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  13. ffbbsou812 -------- did not submit a vote
  14. Driftin_Assassin -- DNR
  • DigiImprov -------- DNR
  • myato1 ------------ DNR
  • PICHON617 --------- DNR
  • nateral00 --------- DNR
  • patmanattack ------ DNR
  • DADYGERAR --------- DNR
  • THRASH_46 --------- DNR
  • Lil_kobe2 --------- DNR
  • g-MachineREX ------ DNR
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
ROUND 2 - Acura NSX RM '91 @Nürburgring GP/D

Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since SoCalRacer310 wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
ROUND 3 - Lexus IS F RM '07 @Road Course - Daytona

This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since SPEED14231234 gets Prize B, he gets to decide which part of the combo is replaced and what replaces it.

Price C goes to canuckleheadII so he gets any gift car ticket listed here (by posting his selection here on the thread).

Last edited:
Getting a new router tomorrow in case it was my connection causing the issues. Had problems seeing xrad, vag, and Dragonwhisky.

What kind are you getting? Know of a good one that has five or six ports?

The PSN has been really off the last few weeks. Guys I'd be willing to bet its on the Server side and nothing to do with any of us.

Hopefully it's not a sign of things to come once the PS4 comes out. Will Sony use all that revenue from Playstation Plus membership to pay for PS4's online performance, or for the entire PSN?

Last edited:
zer05ive
What kind are you getting? Know of a good one that has five or six ports?

only 4 lan 1 wan port but the asus n66u is about the best consumer grade router out currently.

if u need ports maybe a 5 port gig switch plugged into your router

Just read the open letter. Reading the introduction I said "say it ain't so!" and you promptly did 👍

I just re-read it myself and couldn't believe how many typo's and incomplete thoughts there were in there. :crazy: However, I've just gone through and cleaned things up a bit. Please let me know if you see any typo's I missed as I imagine that there will be a lot of people reading it (not just Turtles).

DIVISION 1 REPORT

Tonight was an action packed night in D1 with 14 drivers making the grid at the start of the night. The alien of all aliens (Veloci2nr) returned tonight for the first few races until the disconnection demons raised their ugly head. The battles through out the pack were hard fought and intense in every race tonight with finishes coming down to tenths or even hundredths for all positions. Panda got his first podium in D1 at Daytona. We had some weird connection issues at times and a bit of lag but everyone dealt with it well and in general it was a fun night.

Data entered and all but one replay uploaded. Random power off of my PS3 meant I missed the third race.

Open Letter to Turtle Racing League​
Members of Turtle Racing League,

This is an outrage! is psycho really this much of a low life that he is trying to make snail look like the copy cats? Before I didn't really care about turtle, after all, the greatest form of flattery is imitation, but this... Man this really gets my goat.

Rallywagon
This is an outrage! is psycho really this much of a low life that he is trying to make snail look like the copy cats? Before I didn't really care about turtle, after all, the greatest form of flattery is imitation, but this... Man this really gets my goat.

Hey leave goat out of this, he's one of the good guys :lol:

The facts speak volumes 👍

Idk what bugs me more, the fact that psycho is trying to pull a stunt like this, or the fact that ph1ster bought into it without looking into facts, and further felt the need to come at zer0 like he did, so completely uninformed. I guess we can officially say snail is big enough and good enough that we have imitators and haters. Even if it is the same db.

Hadn't raced on Sunday night in about 3 months. It is good to get in every 3 months and see why I don't race on Sunday Nights. D1 is the worst!!!!!!!!

Cya tonight in the PP Cap multi drive train challenge series :)

We can discuss our sunday experiences tonight as I raced last night as well.

The "Open Letter" has me looking back at some of our posts over the last year+. We've had some crazy and heated discussions and posts. One of my favoriites...

Why do people keep telling me that? You can't make me agree to disagree. I'm too stubborn to agree to anything like that. I disagree to agree to disagree, and stating that "we will agree" only makes me more disagreeable.

....[/SIZE]

I hope Ph1sher makes it to a Sunday night. Good guy and very fast. I think he would do well and have fun. All the racers I've met in the Turtle F1 series have been great guys.

Is there space for two SPEC leagues that run different series/formats on different days.Sure. The more choice racers have, the better. Should Turtle have asked permission to use all the ideas and wording when they started up? Absolutely.

Last edited:
Gmraces, skillz will be along shortly with the welcome message, in the mean time, check out the first post to get some more info.

HI guys! Im looking to try out the SNAIL league. What do I need to do? Thanks in advance.

Hi gmraces,

Thanks for your interest!

We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in a visitors message here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Idk what bugs me more, the fact that psycho is trying to pull a stunt like this, or the fact that ph1ster bought into it without looking into facts, and further felt the need to come at zer0 like he did, so completely uninformed. I guess we can officially say snail is big enough and good enough that we have imitators and haters. Even if it is the same db.

I don't really see how we can blame Ph1sher for any of this. If you look at his profile, you can see that he joined GTPlanet on June 24th, 2012, which was after Turtle was started. There's no way he could have known all the history that Psycho had in S.N.A.I.L. and where the Turtle ideas came from. Furthermore, why would he have any reason to think Psycho was lying to him? I spent lots of time talking to Psycho when he was in our league and he seems like a nice and honest guy. I'd never think that I'd have to check the facts on something he told me. So no, there's only one person to blame for all the copying and the lies (and his name isn't Ph1sher)..

I hope Ph1sher makes it to a Sunday night. Good guy and very fast. I think he would do well and have fun. All the racers I've met in the Turtle F1 series have been great guys.

Is there space for two SPEC leagues that run different series/formats on different days.Sure. The more choice racers have, the better. Should Turtle have asked permission to use all the ideas and wording when they started up? Absolutely.

Good point, Joe. I said it in the "Open Letter", but it's worth saying again. I have nothing against anyone who races with Turtle, except for one person. We have several guys in this league who race with Turtle all the time and I have no problem at all with that at all. The difference is, I don't reach out to those guys and make up lies about Turtle in order to prevent those guys from racing with them. 👎

I just had a funny thought. In about one year there's going to be a movie about a racing turtle.

Let me guess, is it going to be called "BOOST" or "SUPERCHARGER"? :lol:

Last edited:
Division 2 Report

Another great night of racing! We had 12 in the room but unfortunately ND_4_SPD_Naruto had connection issues and only raced in Round 1. Hopefully he'll figure out what his connection issues are and be able to join us for a full night next Sunday.

I also want to say that I'm glad that zegrated had a positive experience racing in his first race with us and welcome him to Snail. He was a little nervous, he said before the start of the races, but did a great job:tup: You're amongst friends here and I'm sure you'll only get better:)

Welcome back to my lil' buddy, AJK-VAIL, who hasn't been able to join in the festivities the past few weeks and hopefully will be able to race more often:)

Last, but surely not least, congrats to jlbowler for the overall win and to dabneyd and Ice_Warden for second and third place, respectively:tup:
Just goes to prove that being consistent has there benefits.

Have a great week and see you on the track next Sunday.

Back