◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
Just wante to give you cudos for your hosting skills, lol. Got in some practice combos, good shuffles, and variety of spec races. A lot of fun running with you Z. C ya on track!!

Thanks! 👍

Always fun when respectful and fast drivers like yourself join.

Joby,
this one is right from the track at Daytona, if you see fit and like to change it from the one on photo mode 👍

From last night's practice:

Racing hard at Daytona! What an awesome car this Lotus is 👍

For some added variety on the lineup post

I just managed 5 laps practice today before running out again. Will try to be there for 9:30. Will be having a few beers. Just saying.

The practice room is officially open! Bring your best Racecraft and let's burn some rubber!

1472 4710 9995 5395 3246

10 happy Snails so far.... Get in before it gets full!

3 spots left!

Last edited:
Whitlock9mm
I found it, thanks! Anybody still on that I could roll with for a few laps?

A lot of our practice happens in our SNAIL_Division1 lounge. You need to be a member of S.N.A.I.L. or run in one of our series for access. You interested in racing with us?

We run practice on wednesdays in public lounges. The room numbers are posted in the thread.

The Pit Board

9161929825_b852361668.jpg

Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.
Bruce Lee

It is the highest form of self-respect to admit our errors and mistakes and make amends for them. To make a mistake is only an error in judgment, but to adhere to it when it is discovered shows infirmity of character.
Dale Turner

Le Mans is such a great race because you can never do anything alone. You have to work as a team member. And being a team member makes you a better person.
Tom Kristensen

From ashes rise the Phoenix. Recently, the integrity and core values of our League were called into question. The attack that was levied upon our leadership and our League bordered on something from The Twilight Zone. When I first became aware of what had happened, my first thought was: "I had no idea that Rod Serling was still alive and was a member of GT Planet!" Once the reality and the depth of what was happening sank in, I was overwhelmed with fury and anger. I have acquired a little wisdom over the years and decided it would be best to leave the whole thing alone until I had a better perspective on the situation. Meanwhile, zer05ive was constructing the single most epic example of "Thread-Fu" in the history of all threads! While combing though over a year and 31,000+ posts for exacting data, times, dates and relevant information, zer05ive made a statement. Yes, his facts were spot on but the statement I am referring to is the one of restraint, maturity and class. It is human nature to assume a defensive posture, and with ego and vanity cranked to 11, go on the warpath. The counter to the first punch was met with facts and true S.N.A.I.L. heart. It is a shame the governments of the world can't approach animosity in the same manner. I am sorry zer0. I know this sounds like hero worshiping but it isn't. How the situation was handled in a direct representation of the League, the S.N.A.I.L. brand and the values that we have all enjoyed. We have had many "heated" discussions in the past and I am sure there will be many more in the future. I don't see this as "toxic" by any stretch of the imagination. What I see is passion for cars, racing and The League. It has been said in the past that we should tone it down when things get really rolling because we don't want outsiders to get the wrong idea. Obviously, they do anyway. One of the many things that make this group special is that we can discuss multiple different ideas and all members are invited to participate whether they just joined the group or are plank owners. In the year plus that I have been a SNAIL, I have never once witnessed someones idea for either a new series or a change to procedure get stomped on. Every new idea or concept has been met with openness and enthusiasm. What could have turned out to be one (if not THE) worst wars in GT Planet history looks as if it may spin off into some of the most epic racing this site has ever had. The prospect of a SNAIL vs TRL tournament really speaks volumes for the kinds of people that GT Planet, SNAIL and TRL attract. It will set a great example for all other groups and individual drivers on how to act in the face of certain disaster. It is because of our great members, leadership and the standards that have been forged that make this League what it is. The picture above says it all... S.N.A.I.L.'s RULE!!

I think I am going to leave it at that this week. Next week is going to be unreal! I am so excited for the future of SNAIL, GT5/GT6/GTA, and and all of the other series that are currently being ran and the new ideas that are yet to come. Just a reminder that this Sunday is the last night in the June championship and there is no better time than now to have a peek at the SNAIL Results Document to see where you stand in the points chase! The GranStand Challenge is quickly closing in on it's zenith and the Results Doc is the place to find out where you stand as well! Thanks to all of you for putting and keeping a smile on my face week after week!!

Race Clean, Race Hard, Race S.N.A.I.L.

Last edited:
A lot of our practice happens in our SNAIL_Division1 lounge. You need to be a member of S.N.A.I.L. or run in one of our series for access. You interested in racing with us?

We run practice on wednesdays in public lounges. The room numbers are posted in the thread.

Check your PM please. 👍

I'd like to run with you guys. Am I cool enough? :P Probably can't make it this week, but I bought the 3 cars anyways.

Also, I'm really bored and would love to run the time trial right now.... :P

Last edited:
I'd like to run with you guys. Am I cool enough? :P Probably can't make it this week, but I bought the 3 cars anyways.

Also, I'm really bored and would love to run the time trial right now.... :P

Hi there TheSonRises,

I hope I'm not too late! Time trial info is linked below.

Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in a visitors message here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Back