Official GTPlanet Member of the Fortnight [Member of the Week]

For those of you looking for this week's interview...

404 Error. :P

It'll be up as soon as I get the questionnaire back.

This week's inductee may have inadvertently given me a new interview presentation format, one that will surely be easier to read, why I didn't think of this myself is beyond me but isn't that what makes a community go 'round?

Also, this:

Which you will also find in the Rewind once I've worked it in. Why? Becase RACECAR... is now a part of the loving Member of the Week madhouse!

1. First and foremost, you're officially the Member of the Week so what were your thoughts going into this and how does it feel to be recognized amidst the hundreds of thousands of other members here?

I'm very surprised, wasn't expecting it at all really. Pretty cool to be recognized

2. What brought you to GTPlanet and what keeps you coming back?

Well I'll sum it up like this: Came for GT4 news, stayed for the awesome (and sometimes wacky) Community. In fact, next year will mark ten years since I've joined.

3. There's a lot to do around the forums so I have to ask: what sub-forums/threads do you frequent most often and why?

As I'm a huge fan of Racing, the Motorsports section is pretty much where a lot of my attention is whether its something for Le Mans, NASCAR, F1, you name it. Obviously the MLP thread is another place, originally looked of curiousity and started watching it semi-regularly just for the great people in thread but as soon as I started watching the show, its pretty much a visited place daily now. GT6 forums for obvious reasons. I'll visit the photoshop threads, usually just to see all the good work posted but have recently posted myself, contributing logos for people.

4. What was it that sparked your interest in Gran Turismo?

This is probably going to sound like a very lazy PR quote for Sony :lol:

Gran Turismo was my first racing game with licensed cars, it is what made me aware of brands like TVR and Aston Martin and what not, it was what introduced me to JGTC (now Super GT). Basically, its the main reason I'm into cars and Motorsports.

5. How did you come up with the name "RACECAR"?

Before I had never been a member of a forum before GTP so I was trying to come up with something cool or catchy, none of which entirely stuck :lol: Seeing as I really got into racing that year, I just thought "well I like race cars" so there it was and that stuck.

6. Controversial question time: Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport or both?

Having never played Forza (and seemingly denied the chance every time), it would be easy to say Gran Turismo. Because I'm genuinely impressed and actually interested in them, I would say both.

7. Because it's finally occurred to me that the question above doesn't allow enough freedom, do you play any other racing games that you perhaps enjoy more than GT or FM?

While I haven't all of them more then GT, there plenty I've enjoyed. When I wasn't playing GT3 or GT4, I was enjoying Le Mans 24 Hours and Total Immersion Racing. When I wasn't playing GT5P, I've enjoyed F1CE, Grid, Dirt 2 and NASCAR 09. When I'm not playing GT5 but am still on console, I enjoy Dirt Showdown, The recent F1 games from codemasters (F1 2012 by far) and Nascar The Game: Inside Line. When I'm on my laptop, its primarily been rFactor. I have recently rekindled my interest in GTR2 thanks to the wheel I got for Christmas. If I ever figure out how to get NR2003 not to close on me when I want to do some laps, that'll be another.

8. Can you blend?

Meh, not quite sure I can.

9. Mechanical or Membrane keyboard?

Well I can't exactly tell, but I have
Compaq%20Keyboard%20%20SDM4540UL.JPG

so maybe that answers the question? :P

Happen to find it one day while going through the stuff in the garage from when my family moved in and found it. Tried it out on my PS3 (was kinda on a "what else can it do?" Spree when I first got my PS3) and after I saw it worked, been using it ever since

10. What do you think of people that blend for a living?

Assuming its what I think it is, looks like an interesting thing to do :lol:

11. If you could live in any video game which game would it be and why?

Hmmm, its a toss up between Ace Combat and the Codemasters F1 games. I like the idea of being this hot shot pilot that just blows everyone out of the damn sky and destroys everything with or without help (along with the fact that Planes are my childhood interest). At the same time though, I also like being the one driver that simply embarrasses Sebastian Vettel on a regular basis :sly:

12. If you could create your own motorsport series what would it entail?

If I could create a series of my own, best I could really think of is a Hatchback only series. When you think about it, Hatchbacks don't really have there own little series or a really noticeable presence in racing (other then the majority of top WRC cars and some cars in BTCC and WTCC). Sedans do, GT Cars do, Super cars do but not Hatchbacks so that's really the only one I could think of. It'd be a two class series with a class for showroom stock cars slightly modified for racing (kinda like the Continental Tire series) while the top class is would be for purpose built race cars with production car chassis and engines.

13. Tell us something interesting about your hometown.

Well right off the top, there's a really cool art district here. Lots of good artwork there.

14. Let's say GTPlanet was another persons brainchild—and there's really no way to know this for certain—but could you see the community being as prominent?

While it likely wouldn't look exactly the same, I could see it being as prominent. I feel though it could only happen if a similar personality were in charge and those are becoming abit rare to find.

15. Do you have any hobbies we should be made aware of?

Well I've gained a new one two months ago thanks to a program called "XNALara", its a posing program where you can take some imported game models and do some posing (as can be seen in my gallery here as well as displayed weekly in one of my blogs here

16. Are you driving anything special at the moment?

Unfortunately no, I don't own a car nor have a license and I really don't trust people enough to try and learn to given how worse people have gotten at driving (And yet I love racing, the hell :lol:)

17. What's your favourite video game, currently?

Before My PS3 went all RLOD on me, Its been Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and God Of War Ascension.

18. What songs have been on repeat for the past few days?

Well this week its been,

- Anything by Underworld (Mostly from the "Barking" and "Oblivion With Bells" Albums)

- Knife Party & Foreign Beggars - Apex

- Freestylers Feat Pendulum - Painkiller

- Klaxons - Rainbow's Gravity (Van She Remix)

- DJ Icey - A Little Louder (Finally found this after so long)

- Barrie Gledden & Steve Dymond - Beijing Nights (heard on an episode of "Drive" and thanks to an app I found, I end up getting the song)

- Tom Quick - Aquamarine (same story here)

19. Why did you choose that avatar, and why is it not a monkey? (Don't ask me, I had nothing to do with this. :lol:)

Because..I didn't exactly have anything in mind with Monkeys? :P

20. Games, how do you like them?

a) Pre-Order, I want them on day one.
b) Sealed at first price drop.
c) Used.

Depends really. If I actually like the Pre-order content in said game, I'll pre-order it (usually through Gamestop since I've yet to get bad service from them). If there is none, then I'll just wait for the price to drop and then get it.

21. With the PS4 coming in the holiday season this year, is it the right time to consider moving up to the next generation?

Well I think if all you are focused on is Next-gen and you are saved up to the brim for it, then yeah.

22. Manual or automatic?

Manual. Based solely on my experience with a wheel (and a motion rig), it just feels more involving and more rewarding.

23. Desert island disks - what 3 albums would you take to a desert island?

- "dubnobasswithmyheadman" from Underworld

- "Midnight In San Juan" By Earl Klugh

- "Standing On The Shore" by Empire Of The Sun

24. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being likely to go to the nut house, how crazy would you rate yourself?

Probably 6. Because I'm not so sane enough to be into a lot of strange things (beginning with MK as a child) yet I'm not crazy enough to enjoy headshots and decapatations with an Honest-to-god smile on my face.

25. Who is your favorite race driver and why?

I can't quite decide on one overall. I do have several candidates though:

Kurt Busch (Controversial I know, but I've started to like him more)

Kasey Kahne (For the amazing fact that he's managed to compete for wins with every team he's drivien for so far)

Fernando Alonso (Just for his ability to carry a crappy car to the finish)

Kimi Raikkonen (For his no nonsense attitude behind the wheel. And because he knows what he's doing :sly:)

Allan Mcnish (Because his ability to find that extra 10th every time)

26. Where and when was your very first post here and how does it differ from your posting style used today?

I don't even know :lol:

I remember though that it differs a lot in terms of my vocabulary usage, correct punctuation and (to me anyway) alot more naïve.

27. How many of your controllers have died because of heavy physical abuse whilst playing a PS3 game?

Amazingly, none. Admittingly, there's some slight battle damage to one of the sticks on one of them, but all still work. Its ironically the console that constantly dies and not the controllers.

28. Have you ever accessed the website during an unusual time and/or place?

Only time I can think of it was while I was out at a restaurant for lunch.

29. What's the longest you've gone without logging onto GTPlanet since joining: Years, months, weeks, days, hours?

About a week that one time (that was when my old Compaq finally kicked), but that's it.

30. Who (in your own opinion) is the most inspiring person / people here on GTPlanet?

As cliché as this will sound, Jordan. Just for the fact that (as far as I'm aware) he's basically a one man crew when it comes to this site. Its like he has the longest job title in world as Administrator/Webmaster/Public relations/Field correspondent/Reporter/Bomb diffuser/Caretaker/Detective/Navy seal/Judge/Jury.

I made up some of that up :lol:

Seriously though, just the fact that he does so much of this stuff while other sites have people specifically assigned to do things like that is just amazing to me.

31. Is your body ready?

...maybe?

32. Now it's time for the "Daniel Special": If you could cross a hippo with any other animal - what will the animal be, what will it be called, and why? (Bonus points for creativity! And it can't be another hippo because that's incest)

An Elephant. Just for the goofy teeth to be on a elephant and that it creates an awesome name: Helephant :lol:

33. What's the funniest thing you can remember from all of your time being a member here?

By far, the whole Jenkins deal going on with GT5. Either there had to be drugs or way too many sugary energy drinks that contributed to that insanity :lol:

34. Have you ever participated in any of the racing series' found here?

Yep, pretty much the entire time I've been on GTP. Some series have been on GT, some on other games.

35. Have you ever considered developing your own racing series, and if you have where can we find it?

Well I've taken the reigns of some series, but usually anything I attempt to create fails miserably :lol: I've got a future FGT series planned for GT6, but nothing quite solid yet.

36. Anything else you'd like to say?

Not alot but Thanks to whoever thought I was actually worth having on this, its pretty cool to be on here.

Bonus Question: I'm sure many will be wondering what's happened to your "Star in a Reasonably-Priced Car" thread, any insight you can give as to a possible return?

So here's what basically has happened with that:

My PS3's Multi-output port that I've plugged my HD PVR into to record stopped working, so I haven't been able to record like I wanted. Shortly after, My PS3 then went kaput. I got another one but not even having it for a long time, it went as well :gumpy:. I was attempting to try getting it going last week with a slim I got only to find out I got sold a piece of crap that doesn't even read disks and had to send it back :mad:

I'm aiming to get it going as soon as possible because I know people have been wanting to see it again. So as soon as I get a PS3 basically is when I'll get it going, which should next week.

Interview notes

- The Z4 GT3 video was originally attached to the 36th question and was instead used an a lead-in to the interview itself for better presentation value.

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed the interview. Was a blast to do this :cheers:

So for the past couple of week's you all will have undoubtedly taken notice of the questions being the same for every new MotW inductee and that's solely because of the length of the interviews at this point.

However, instead of adding more questions and lengthening the process further I was thinking I could substitute certain questions with others to bring back some of the unique to person perspective. So once again I'm here to ask you all to post up some questions!

How many sheep do you count before finally getting to sleep?

How manly would you rate yourself? Although that question doesn't really work if you're interviewing a girl.

How manly would you rate yourself? Although that question doesn't really work if you're interviewing a female.

Why not?

I suppose it might work better like this:

On a scale from 1 to 10, ten being very manly and 1 being very girly, where do you fall?

I think you should have at least two statements, in which interviewee has to respond "in the form of a question".

"What is just like Jeopardy!, Alex?"

Would you pass a voip-comp test and why did you hang the blue laundry facing south-east?

Will you float?

But if they float it means they are a witch. Why would they admit to that?

(Check it out, it was a true way of testing if someone was a witch back in the days when it was a punishable offense.)

Back