◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,750 comments
Slo-pitch playoffs are this weekend for our league....if the team plays to the best of our abilities, then we may be celebrating Sunday afternoon/night :sly:

Slo-pitch playoffs are this weekend for our league....if the team plays to the best of our abilities, then we may be celebrating Sunday afternoon/night :sly:

Good luck! The co-ed team I play on has our playoffs/championship on Wednesday. There's a chance we'll have to play three games that night; we're tied for first so we'll have to play one more regular season game to break that tie, then our playoff game, then (if we win) the championship. I hope it's not as hot as it was last Wednesday, 94F and about 90% humidity. I don't think I've ever sweated that much.

So, we went to see despicable me 2 yesterday (i was out voted on turbo, but it was a great movie and I suggest it. Minions are more prominent too.) And they have a d-box demo station setup. I gotta say, it was amazing! A car chase, well, truck chase scene from the expendables sequel was use. So long as the whole system responds fast enough to give no delay, the immersion in a sim would be near perfect.

So, not to long ago I was looking through the racing rig section and found the simxperience. and watching this, I think I know what I'll be shooting for in the next few years. Its amazing the amount of depth just a few degrees of motion adds.

Last edited:
Good luck, Tez.

Good luck! The co-ed team I play on has our playoffs/championship on Wednesday. There's a chance we'll have to play three games that night; we're tied for first so we'll have to play one more regular season game to break that tie, then our playoff game, then (if we win) the championship. I hope it's not as hot as it was last Wednesday, 94F and about 90% humidity. I don't think I've ever sweated that much.

Cheers guys :cheers:

The playoffs work a little weird here from what I can see. Although it looks like you get a second chance regardless, but lose a second game over the weekend and you're done. Anyway, we finished up 4th in our division with a 12-6-2 record and were a bit annoyed with the 2 as it was against the same team both times and we let a reasonably comfortable lead slip in both games to end up with draws :grumpy:

However, we did beat all the teams that made the playoffs so there is some cause for hope there. My foot is still not 100%, however I can pitch and hit so I've told the team that if our starter wants a break at some point to throw me in there since I can use a runner (assuming I get to first, lol).

Going to go see turbo tonight! I expect to see a Martin and hillracing in the movie because they are the cooolest bestest snails around!

Strangely, my LM Camaro only has 607HP/632PP with about 43 miles on it and fresh oil. Gonna go put some miles on it and see if it changes any.

Really looking forward to the combos Sunday but if all goes well ill be heading to South Carolina to pick up a 91 Camaro with a 355 in it. Should be a nice cruiser and provide some good street night fun at the drag strip on Friday nights. Cross your fingers for me.

Your Steward Report for the Week

Race Date - 14 July 2013​

Division 2

GCarneiroBR / GCarneiroBR
  • Race 3 incident Level 1 - 4 point 1 week probation

* * * * * * * * * *​

Thanks to JLBowler and all the stewards who contributed to the discussions this week.

* * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, just PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

Thank you once again Dragonwhisky and all the Stewards for your work reviewing the incidents this week 👍

The Buttkicker points have been updated, follow the link above for the latest standings. You need to feel what you're missing :)

Sim racing product discounts for S.N.A.I.L. members:

Buttkicker is offering S.N.A.I.L. members discounts on some their products, including free shipping in the U.S. The discounts are valid until September 1st, 2013. Details on the products and how to get your discount can be found here.

GranStand is offering a 10% discount to all S.N.A.I.L.s

Take advantage of being a S.N.A.I.L. ;)

Division 2

GCarneiroBR / GCarneiroBR
  • Race 3 incident Level 1 - 4 point 1 week probation

* * * * * * * * * *​

Thanks to JLBowler and all the stewards who contributed to the discussions this week.

* * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, just PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

Thanks to all the stewards who reviewed this week's incident! Your dedication to keeping this a clean league is greatly appreciated by all. If there's anyone else out there who would like to help enforce the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and promote good racecraft, I have three words for you..

needyou1.jpg

Do you value clean racing so much that you're willing to help protect and promote it? Are you looking for a way to give back to the league and join TEAM S.N.A.I.L.? Do you think you might have what it takes to be a S.N.A.I.L. steward? If you answered yes to any of these questions, please PM me! :)

Sounds fun i'm interested,

Hi Scape__Goat,

Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Can anyone tell me if 1:37 with the Elise @ Madrid is any good? Because I feel that it's not that great, and i'm in way over my head trying to compete with you guys. :/

Can anyone tell me if 1:37 with the Elise @ Madrid is any good? Because I feel that it's not that great, and i'm in way over my head trying to compete with you guys. :/

Hey man, don't think that your in over your head, use this league as a learning experience and don't worry about going over your limit to get to the top. That time is pretty good and I'm sure that some snails will be gathering tonight to do some practice and I encourage you to join us.

Hey man, don't think that your in over your head, use this league as a learning experience and don't worry about going over your limit to get to the top. That time is pretty good and I'm sure that some snails will be gathering tonight to do some practice and I encourage you to join us.

That would be great, where do I go to join the training?

Back