◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Great racing in d3, man has this division gotten competitive. Aside from the apparent prodigy of Sebastian Loeb, XR_Racer, whom apparently only podiums in first place, and has won the bonus point for 3 poles twice now, in a row, the racing was immensely close from 2nd to 6th, with positions swapping all over the place throughout the night. Schmiggz came back with a vengeance tonight and took second place with 78 points. Xrad was tight on his spoiler though and finished 3rd, just on point under Schmiggs, with 77. Great racing overall.

Absolutely unbelievable racing in D1 tonight. Heart pumping white knuckle door to door racing all night. Thanks for a great night guys! Can't go to sleep because my adrenaline is still pumping.

EDIT: Thanks to our room host and data recorder for the terrific job done tonight. It was like a well oiled machine and we were done a few minutes early.

Was a fun night of racing. Even though that RUF combo was not enjoyable. The racing was.

My ButtKicker snapped its bolt! Wow

Whoa, would you mind sending me some pics of you mounting. I have had zero issues with my new mounting. Maybe I could be of some help. Advice or make a bracket or something.

Congrats to all the SNAILS that made it! I may be in D1 (for now :dopey:) but there's definitely a select area within the division that goes beyond alien. I feel privileged and honored to race in the same group with all of you. Good luck in Silverstone!

Awesome racing in D1 tonight! Had it not been for a few key mistakes on my part I could have moved a bit further up the group. Finally starting to calm down with all the big names in the room. :nervous::dopey: The pace in D1 is something that just takes time to adjust to.

D1 replays are up as well as the race results in the spreadsheet.

Congratulations to OwensRacing on his win for the night!

1 OwensRacing 86
2 Nic-KL 83
3 QwietStorm03 83
4 Garage-father 73
5 racefan78 72
6 Adventuruss 70
7 brandofo 66
8 nmcp1 62
9 Da_Panda_Bear 56

:cheers:

The five Snails going to Silverstone are (from left to right):

NICK M. (GumballCGT)
JOSEPH B. (JoeyFast22)
BRIAN M. (brianm3)
MARTIN S. (martin20az)
CHRIS H. (hillracing)

Once again, HUGE congrats to all of you!! :cheers:

That's what I'm talkin' bout! Which of you Division 51 aliens is going to go to Silverstone next year?? :sly:

Congrats guys!!!
Is that Boris Said, middle right?

Division 4 Race Report
25 August 2013

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

Division 4 replays have been uploaded.

I just don't what to say. There was something just a little special about tonight. Maybe it was getting to line up with Vol and Badger. We even had a Vrap sighting. Maybe it was the selection of cars and tracks tonight. It could be both of skillz' pole positions. All combined. It was just a fantastic night on several levels. Racing was close and from my view, clean. D4 has developed such a cool vibe. Everyone has so much respect for one another that the racing has been taken to another level.

I am pretty proud to be a SNAIL. The D4 gang just keeps getting better and more fun. Thank you all for making League night so damn enjoyable. Top all of that off with 5 of our brothers are in the top 12. (Damn you guys rock!!) I can't wait until next week!!

Had a ton of fun in D4 tonight. I really liked all three combos and I was lucky enough to get my first two wins and first top 3 finish as a member of Snail. This league keeps getting better each week.

Thank you all in D4 for great clean racing. Finally got my first win racing the Lexus LFA. Getting better with each race, i didn't think i would do as well as i am in D4. Was really tough with Canuckle head behind me throughout majority of the race trying to get first position from me but somehow i was able to hold on for the win.

Whoa, would you mind sending me some pics of you mounting. I have had zero issues with my new mounting. Maybe I could be of some help. Advice or make a bracket or something.[/QUOTE]

It actually happened with a spike in the bass.

Hey Everyone, I'd like to address a situation that occurred in the D2 on Sunday night. Bowler said some things in the lounge that were regrettable and certainly not representative of the friendly and respectful environment that we promote in this league. With that in mind, he's been given a one week suspension and will therefore not be allowed to race this Sunday night.

I encourage everyone to use this as a learning opportunity. Just because you suspect that someone has ruined your night on the track, doesn't give you the right to ruin everyone else's night with a public show of anger. Rants and/or arguments in the lounge make everyone else feel awkward and it's simply disrespectful to carry on in such a manner. We hold ourselves to a higher standard.

If you have an grievance, complaint, or "beef" with another driver for any reason whatsoever, please wait until after the races are over and contact him offline to address the issue. If these feelings are a result of a racing incident, get our stewards involved. In short, never take it upon yourself to confront or chastise anyone. That's the worst way to handle the situation. Thanks for reading.

Last week this post caught my attention. I think using the microphone during races is lack of respect for the other runners, you can take your concentration and cause accidents. I think it should be forbidden to use the microphone during Qualy and race. Use the microphone to curse his opponents ... so I prefer not to comment!
Today I saw another post and did not understand what happened. JlBowler D2 was even in the room? He participated in the races? His suspension was canceled? He was the host of the room? And the runner he swore last week had its entrance blocked? This even happened last night?

Last week this post caught my attention. I think using the microphone during races is lack of respect for the other runners, you can take your concentration and cause accidents. I think it should be forbidden to use the microphone during Qualy and race. Use the microphone to curse his opponents ... so I prefer not to comment!
Today I saw another post and did not understand what happened. JlBowler D2 was even in the room? He participated in the races? His suspension was canceled? He was the host of the room? And the runner he swore last week had its entrance blocked? This even happened last night?

You should read all the thread, the information is there.

Bowlers penalty was changed here.

GTP_Rberinghs is not blocked by anyone in D2, check here, here and here.

PP Cap racing tonight at 10pm EST. Still plenty of time to pick your cars and come to D3 tonight. All the cool kids will be there ;)

The atmosphere is almost the opposite of Sunday night. Laid back, relaxed and no problem talking on the mic. Just good fun with no pressure...except the pressure of awesome door to door racing. Bring your best race craft SNAIL style. Four 20 minute races.

Monday Race Night in D3 Lounge

08/26/13 at 10:00 PM EST/ 7:00 pm PST

img.php

This event will run with a combined PP cap of:
2000 (SS)
All cars PP must be between 450 and 550

Qualifying and the first race will take place at

Rome Circuit Reverse

If you would like to participate in the next event please post in this thread that you would like to take part. I will add your name to the list.

Driver - FF Car (PP) - 4wd Car (PP) - FR Car (PP) - MR Car (PP) - Total PP

For registered participants please check the sign up sheet

Another thing that is considered disrespectful is butting in on someone elses issues, especially uninformed. There is a saying about assuming...
As for the mics, while I agree, general chit chat should be left to lobby time, I like having mics on during a race, as they can be used to aid in situational awareness, and is a useful tool. At no point should anyone be cursing anyone else, at any point anyway.

Sounds like fun, please sign me up. PSN: pudgenet.

pudge,

Thanks for looking us up.

We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You run the Time Trial. (NOTE: The tires selected for this have more grip than our current tire regulations allow, but please follow the directions exactly anyways).
2. You PM kcheeb with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
3. We assign you to the division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.
4. We send you a you a PSN friend request from the corresponding SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That PSN account's lounge is where you will race on Sunday night.
5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

Please note that we often race DLC from three add-on packs:

Racing Car Pack
Course Pack
Twin Ring Motegi Pack

If you don't have these add-on packs, you will need to sit out the races in which they are used.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Looks like GT6 may not be moving to PS4:

Polyphony is focused on getting GT6 down for PS3 now, and they will look at how they can leverage PS Vita going forward, especially when – or if – there is a PS4 version, you can play the PS4 version on the PS Vita via remote play as well.”

I never expected there to be a gt6 for ps4. Trying to port makes no sense, given the architecture differences. That and the way GTs lineage goes.

The five Snails going to Silverstone are (from left to right):

NICK M. (GumballCGT)
JOSEPH B. (JoeyFast22)
BRIAN M. (brianm3)
MARTIN S. (martin20az)
CHRIS H. (hillracing)

I just noticed that all of the Driver X challengers made it to Silverstone, right?

Another thing that is considered disrespectful is butting in on someone elses issues, especially uninformed. There is a saying about assuming...
As for the mics, while I agree, general chit chat should be left to lobby time, I like having mics on during a race, as they can be used to aid in situational awareness, and is a useful tool. At no point should anyone be cursing anyone else, at any point anyway.

I thought the topics posted on the forum could be debated and if you read my post I realized that I was trying to understand what happened, I asked questions and not statements!

Great racing in D2 last night!

Had a tie for first between Bowler and Kronin and had to look at number of 3rd place finishes to settle the tie breaker, which gave Kronin the win for the night. Congrats!

Also, wow, 5 SNAILS going to Silverstone, pretty amazing. I've been in races with most of them (a couple of them have even joined my open lobbies), and now they are going to be on TV which is crazy. I'll be watching the show for sure.

on that note, sometimes we (i) forget that our mics are on or are muted. if someone talking is being annoying or has alot of noise, simply ask them (me) to mute their (my) mic.

school is back in session, will probably be posting more and racing less

on that note, sometimes we (i) forget that our mics are on or are muted. if someone talking is being annoying or has alot of noise, simply ask them (me) to mute their (my) mic.

school is back in session, will probably be posting more and racing less

As to the mics:
1) Doubt that F-1, Indy Car, or SCCA have mics for the drivers to talk to each other. It seems that I remember NASCAR trying that without success, or benefit;
2) Another Doubt: I don't think any Race Car in history has included a Horn;

While "situational awareness" may be a benefit to some - I doubt that our "virtual racing" experience is improved by having drivers talk to each other.

The Lead Driver in a race has only one focus ..... His racing line. The following Driver is responsible to pass without bumping, pushing, (or honking).
In close races the Lead Driver is obviously aware of the following cars proximity, so there is no need for the following Driver to Announce his presence.

If this opinion is not in line with SNAIL OLR, please let me know.

While I applaud the use of mics to inform other drivers of car position ie, car 1 is on the inside of car 2 exiting a corner and gets a better run, the driver of car 2 could tell car 1 they are clear to move to the racing line, this is courteous and useful but it should not preclude using the "look around" feature built into the game. Using this feature to check your 3, 6 and 9 oclock positions before you move your car laterally across the track will prevent many an incident. Seriously, if you're not turning your head before a lane change in real life you're just asking to run into someone. Same thing applies in GT5.

I doubt there will be a GT6 port to the PS4. It will likely be #7 in the series.

Yep, Kyle Busch should/will tell Jimmy Johnson that he is clear.
Are you kidding?
It is the passing car's responsibility to complete the pass cleanly. If there is an incident due to contact on exit ..... penalty, pure and simple.
Maybe I am expecting too much. If I am, please accept my apology ..... sincerely.
TEX

Back