What do you think PD will show at TGS?

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 579 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
knowing that the PS4 won't release in Japan untill Febuary and that PD will have very good sales considering most will still have their PS3 there, makes the decision to not show anything even more baffeling.

But to be honest not much sense has been made regarding how PD are handling news of GT6 anyhow.

lol, so good!

This is all too funny. :dunce:

PD- "Want to know how good GT6 is?"

Mindless fans- "YEA, YEA, YEA!"

PD- "Great! Then just buy the game on December 6th. We promise it won't fail as hard as GT5. We promise we've learned our lessons and listened to our fans."

Mindless fans- "Oh, awesome! Yea, I can't wait for GT6. I'm sure you guys did your very best!"
Oh, youuuu.

Except we know that TGS isn't the only way to release info about a game. How is it that GT6 releases in two months and people are expecting to hear nothing more about it?
The GT 5.5 idea has becoming more and more convincing

=(
Pretty much everyone didn't expect for GT6 to be a no-show at TGS, especially with it being confirmed by SONY, and that means GT6 will surely be released "incomplete"?

You totally expected far too much! :lol:

Yeah, expecting a liitle bit of info about a feature announced a few months back of a game that is supposed to be released this year is completely dumb and unrealistic. What were we thinking!?

I mean, it's not like they scheduled 20 minutes of "GT6" time , of course, we were expecting too much, way too much. Wait, they did schedule 20 minutes, just to show a couple of hot laps?

me after TGS:

tumblr_kpomcqr4Ae1qz8ovio1_500.jpg

.. As I understand it now, a lot of decisions are quite literally made at the very last minute possible.

This is a great way to do things. I am now much more confident in Polyphony Digital upon hearing this sparkling news about how a multi-million dollar company operates.

👎

I mean, it's not like they scheduled 20 minutes of "GT6" time , of course, we were expecting too much, way too much. Wait, they did schedule 20 minutes, just to show a couple of hot laps?

Apparently Sony decided to organize this with a lot of their games for this "Presentation" since it was theirs.

I still think the Monday morning lift of the embargo Is where the actual juicy info could be (hence why people have been told to "Temper their Expectations", advice the majority of this forum is clearly incapable of doing).

Last edited:
You're right about having to stop hoping, but I can't help it. :lol:

I give up whining, it's boring, gives me a headache and can't solve anything after TGS. @_@ So I'll await for more news to come by.

This is a great way to do things. I am now much more confident in Polyphony Digital upon hearing this sparkling news about how a multi-million dollar company operates.

👎

This. PD operates in mysterious ways, but no criticism is allowed because, you know, Kaz is a genius and mimesis and all of that.

Seriously, I love the GT franchise and appreciate the great works that PD has managed to do over the years but their way of treating fans, especially after a failure such as GT5, is baffling.

Correction: 1 kid.

Easily whipped the first two, but the third one kinda surprised him.

...especially after a failure such as GT5
Oh Lord, if only I could be such a terrible failure. :D

Anyhow, as weird as it is to not learn a THING during TGS, this isn't going to change what GT6 is, and what goodies it's going to present to us, as it foreshadows GT7 on a system better than most gaming PCs.

I know everyone acts like Christmas doesn't ever get here, but somehow it manages to every year, like clockwork. And so will GT6.

Oh Lord, if only I could be such a terrible failure. :D Anyhow, as weird as it is to not learn a THING during TGS, this isn't going to change what GT6 is, and what goodies it's going to present to us, as it foreshadows GT7 on a system better than most gaming PCs. I know everyone acts like Christmas doesn't ever get here, but somehow it manages to every year, like clockwork. And so will GT6.
that was funny :)

9 of 10 people criticising PD have their preorder already in. Even the "GT5.5'ers" are day/week one buyers. Everyone gets it. PD is bad, Kaz should make new pretty trailers, he should have more PR, TGS was a joke... Kinda the same talking points you see in every thread. :lol: The only thing that will break the trend is shiny new cars and news on body kits.

To cut down on the confusion here, there is no "embargo" on any new content, at least according to the SCEA representatives I spoke with at the Film Festival. Aside from information shared during the Polyphony Digital tours and interviews, they decided not to use TGS to officially reveal any new trailers, screenshots, or game features. Don't forget that the GT Awards are coming up at this year's SEMA Show November 5-8... :)

I will publish my interview with Kazunori from the Jalopnik Film Festival on Monday or Tuesday. I thought it was a very good interview and we covered a lot of interesting things, but Kazunori did not go into detail on any of the more controversial or mysterious features, of course.

Wow, so our general disappointments have been...confirmed.

What a strange "strategy" for PD or Sony to not use the Tokyo Game Show, the last major gaming convention of the year, to help convince its largely skeptical audience to purchase Gran Turismo 6 title, which is a following act to a very weak GT5 title.

Gran Turismo is truly the gaming world's most bizarre franchise. How it remains so popular/successful and how it's able to ignore and work around even the most basic features that other franchises have already implemented is simply unparalleled. It's just...too bizarre. :dunce::scared::yuck:

Last edited:
Wow, thank you very much for the notification Jordan, it was really needed. :) I remember talking about TGS with my younger bro, and he told me specifically that almost all the well known Japaneses devs have cancelled from coming to TGS. So PD was one of them.

But after he told me that, I got over the disappointment, but it is strange that PD didn't reveal any new info from TGS. But I'm glad Jordan came here to save the day. :D

:cheers:

Wow, so our general disappointments have been...confirmed.

What a strange "strategy" for PD or Sony to not use the Tokyo Game Show, the last major gaming convention of the year, to help convince its largely skeptical audience to purchase Gran Turismo 6 title, which is a following act to a very weak GT5 title.

Maybe PD feels they are not so much associated with the gaming world at this point, but are more closely associated with the real car world. Big reveal at Silverstone, Big push at Goodwood, potential big push at Bathurst and now Jordan is hinting that something might drop at SEMA. What do all these things have in common? All real world car events and not gaming events.💡:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back