Official GTPlanet Member of the Fortnight [Member of the Week]

Congratulations on your beard and interview neema :cheers:

#Savethebeards

Last edited:
Wow, another member with Johnny Cash and Kid Koala on rotation...that's a short list.

Good one, Mister _t!

Last edited:
I'm sick. New member in the madhouse. Madness. Juniors taking over. Beeblebrox237. Read this. Now.

1. First and foremost, you're officially the Member of the Week so what were your thoughts going into this and how does it feel to be recognized amidst the hundreds of thousands of other members here?
It's absolutely amazing. I know I have some presence on the forums, but to named member of the week is truly an honour. I'd like to thank whomever nominated me. I owe you a pint keg :)👍
2. What brought you to GTPlanet and what keeps you coming back?
I first stumbled upon GTP looking for advice on GT5. I think I was looking for tuning tips. GTP was the first forum that I joined, and I've stuck around for the amazing community. I love the people here, and I've made many friends. It actually was enough to bring me out of depression, just because the people here are so nice.
3. There's a lot to do around the forums so I have to ask: what sub-forums/threads do you frequent most often and why?
Generally, I'll hit up the Cars in General, Auto News, and Rumble Strip subforums. I used to do quite a lot in the GT5 photomode community, but I'm now 3500 miles form my PS3 and GT5, so I can't do it anymore :(. I love the Infield, though, as well as the automotive section for the banter and car talk, respectively. Actually, the infield has been fairly pun free lately. Time to go cause some puns. :mischievous:
4. What was it that sparked your interest in Gran Turismo?
I was first introduced to GT by my friend's brother, who had GT but didn't really play it. I went to her house, and she told me about the game, so we played it, and I loved it. (Yes, I was introduced to GT, and video games in general, by a girl. Deal with it.) About two years later, I got my first game console, a PS2, and got GT4. I already knew that I liked it, but I absolutely loved playing it in career mode. Then, I got a PS3 and GT5, and it was even better. That was when I discovered GTP, and the rest, as they say, is history.
5. How did you come up with the name "Beeblebrox237"?
Well, it is quite nerdy, so I give you permission to laugh. I've always loved Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and Zaphod Beeblebrox was such a cool name (and all around cool dude) that I decided to adopt it. Hence the "Beeblebrox" part. 237 is a bit weirder. Just "Beeblebrox" was taken, so I added 237, because (2)(3)(7) is the prime factorisation of 42, the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything. I didn't like the idea of adding meaningless numbers or letters, so I decided to go full nerd. :P
6. Controversial question time: Gran Turismo, Forza Motorsport or both?
GT, definitely. I had GT5 for about two years, but recently moved to Leeds and well, you can't take it with you. One of my flatmates, however, brought an Xbox, and set it up in the common room, so I went out and bought a copy of Forza Motorsport 4. The only thing that is better about Forza, to me, is the car selection. GT5 is just so much more fun and realistic when it comes to the actual driving. And everything else, really.
7. Because it's finally occurred to me that the question above doesn't allow enough freedom, do you play any other racing games that you perhaps enjoy more than GT or FM?
Well, I'm not really very experienced in other racing games. I think I've played a PS2 version of Need for Speed, which was fun but not nearly as good as GT4, and I do remember liking Corvette for PS2. But I still like GT the best.
8. Can you blend?
Uh, sure.
9. Mechanical or Membrane keyboard?
Mechanical all the way. The sound of a mechanical keyboard is lovely. As you may be able to tell by my avatar, I quite like mechanical things.
10. What do you think of people that blend for a living?
I'll have a pint of Guinness, please.
11. If you could live in any video game which game would it be and why?
Well, I haven't experienced many, so I'd have to say GT5. Yes, it's unoriginal, but I'd love to drive all day long.
12. If you could create your own motorsport series what would it entail?
Any car you want, as long as you had no maps, no sat nav, and no co driver. Go from one side of Pittsburgh to the other. That'll take at least five hours :P. Ten, if you pick something that can't handle potholes.
13. Tell us something interesting about your hometown.
Pittsburgh has more bridges than any other city in the world, even Venice. Also, it is one of the most liveable cities in America.
14. Let's say GTPlanet was another person's brainchild—and there's really no way to know this for certain—but could you see the community being as prominent?
I don't think so. Jordan has done so much for this community, and is so good at what he does, which is why GTP is as great as it is.
15. Do you have any hobbies we should be made aware of?
Uh, I made this over the summer:
IMG_20130805_161212_zpsa02de62d.jpg

Yes, I love Lego. Yes, it runs, steers, and has gullwing doors to clear the high chassis rails. I can't wait to have a job and a place of my own, because I'll be able to buy a ridiculous amount of Lego and nobody can stop me! Muahahaha!

Oherwise, cars are my hobby. Anything to do with cars.
16. Are you driving anything special at the moment?
:( No. I'm a student, so I can't afford to buy, fuel, insure, or park a car.
17. What's your favourite video game, currently?
GT5, still. I can't wait to play it again.
18. What songs have been on repeat for the past few days?
Dire Straits' Brothers in Arms

Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb

Magnum's Don't Wake the Lion

Yngwie Malmsteen's Cavallino Rampante

And that's probably a pretty good indication of my music tastes, actually.
19. Why did you choose that avatar, and why is it not a monkey? (Don't ask me, I had nothing to do with this. :lol:)
Because manuals are worth saving, dammit!
20. Games, how do you like them?

a) Pre-Order, I want them on day one.
b) Sealed at first price drop.
c) Used.
As cheap as possible! The more money I save on games, the more money I have for vodka, right? :sly:
21. With the PS4 coming in the holiday season this year, is it the right time to consider moving up to the next generation?
If I had the money, I'd still buy a PS3 and GT6. I really only play racing games, and GT is the best for me, so there's no point in buying a more expensive console if I don't need to. Not that I can afford it anyway...
22. Manual or automatic?
See avatar for details. Or, if you cant be bothered, MANUAL! I'm so pro manual, I'd have a Bentley Continental with a manual if it was offered. Yes, I'm a nutter.
23. Desert island disks - what 3 albums would you take to a desert island?
Pink Floyd's The Wall

Magnum's Rock Art

Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon
24. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being likely to go to the nut house, how crazy would you rate yourself?
11? I'm pretty insane.
25. Who is your favorite race driver and why?
Kimi Raikkonen. Because he's a very talented driver who likes ice cream, women and vodka. They came up with the word legend to describe him.
26. Where and when was your very first post here and how does it differ from your posting style used today?
Let's see here...

I am currently at work on a tune for [the Ferrari F40] now. I am trying to use sport hard tires, as it forces me to tune out some of the monstrosity. I'll post it as soon as I'm done.

In the GT5 tuning forum. It's not that much different form my current posting style, really. Except I was younger and more innocent then...

27. How many of your controllers have died because of heavy physical abuse whilst playing a PS3 game?
None, but that's because I don't abuse my controllers. Isn't abuse illegal? :P
28. Have you ever accessed the website during an unusual time and/or place?
Not really. But then, with the advent of smartphones, no place is unusual. And with the advent of being 18, no time is unusual :P.
29. What's the longest you've gone without logging onto GTPlanet since joining: Years, months, weeks, days, hours?
About a week. More than that and I'd go into withdrawal.
30. Who (in your own opinion) is the most inspiring person / people here on GTPlanet?
I think I have to nominate Shem. He's quite an amazing person, having battled alcoholism and is now attempting an incredible and demanding world record.
31. Is your body ready?
Oh yes. Wait, wait, I mean no.
32. Now it's time for the "Daniel Special": If you could cross a hippo with any other animal - what will the animal be, what will it be called, and why? (Bonus points for creativity! And it can't be another hippo because that's incest)
The ravenous bug bladder beast of traal. Because then you could have a ravenous bug bladder beast that lives on Earth!
33. What's the funniest thing you can remember from all of your time being a member here?
Well, compared to many of the members here, I haven't been here that long, so I'm going to have to go for eminembeastfan2's claim that he can outaccelerate anyone in his Camry 2.2 because "I know how to drive it" :lol:.
34. Have you ever participated in any of the racing series' found here?
No, sadly I never got GT5 to work online, so I've never been able to do anything like that.
35. Have you ever considered developing your own racing series, and if you have where can we find it?
Nope, for aforementioned reason.
36. Anything else you'd like to say?
Do I get bonus points for doing the interview drunk?
Bonus Question: These two additional inclusions are the brainchild of a staff member and must be answered as if you were a contestant on Jeopardy!, i.e. "What is a Computer?"

B1: George Clooney played this character in Ocean's Eleven, Twelve and Thirteen.

B2: This horror icon is referred to as "The Shape".
Who is Ocean?

What is "The Shape"?

:sly:

Last edited:
You think you could...tell us who that is at the top, champ? :D

'Grats.

A person with eyes and maybe a nose.

It's Beeblebrox. Read the Rewind once in a while for crying out loud. :P

We're on page 42, so I'm crying foul.

Also: 13. All your bridges are yellow. Must be a great trick to play on others (take the yellow bridge to I-376, then the other yellow bridge to...)

I'll be in Pittsburgh next week, and I promise to clean up after myself.

Therefore, good show.

We're on page 42, so I'm crying foul.

Also: 13. All your bridges are yellow. Must be a great trick to play on others (take the yellow bridge to I-376, then the other yellow bridge to...)

I'll be in Pittsburgh next week, and I promise to clean up after myself.

Therefore, good show.
Ah, so we are! T-12, was this planned? :P

:lol: Watching other people's futile attempts at navigating Pittsburgh is so funny. I'll let you into a little secret: nobody from Pittsburgh knows what any of the streets are called, just where they are and what they look like. So if you ask us for directions, you'll probably not get much good information.

:lol: Watching other people's futile attempts at navigating Pittsburgh is so funny. I'll let you into a little secret: nobody from Pittsburgh knows what any of the streets are called, just where they are and what they look like. So if you ask us for directions, you'll probably not get much good information.

:lol: Note to self: If I'm lost in Pittsburgh... I'm stuffed.

Congrats, Zaphod Beeblebrox on being member of the week. :cheers:

Back