Could some explain

• Thread starter cobragt
  • 44 comments
Ok look at this first pic, amazing looks so real best graphics of any game
gt402.jpg

Now look at this one, jaggies everywhere, it looks exactly like gt3 which ain't a bad thing because gt3 is the most realistic looking racer out
gt410.jpg

Shouldn't the second pic look as real as the first one or is that in early development?

Look how amazing this one looks and this one is old
granTurismo4_052303_19.jpg

The one with the LMP has to be in early development because those cars should look this real but I know they will look amazing.

Originally posted by Majarvis
The "better looking" pics are renders done on a very, very powerful computer. The "bad looking" pics are on the PS2.
I don't think so man, if you check out some vids you see everything looks the same and looks just as detailed as that pic with the Skyliner.

Originally posted by Majarvis
The "better looking" pics are renders done on a very, very powerful computer. The "bad looking" pics are on the PS2.

I agree.

The PS2 pics will be direct screen captures to a PC & therefore will look more pixelated as all PS1 games do on PC if you run em on an emulator with their native resolution. (I.e. 320*200 on a lot)

It'd look better on a TV (More like the renders) as TV's are grainy rather than pixelated.

So I just this replay shot is being ran on a pc, I'm not sure
1389014.jpg

But I'm sure gt4 will look exaclty like that, was gt3 ran on a pc?

Check out these vids amazing
Everything is super detailed, these movies came out 2 days ago, I think everyone has already seen them but I can hardly tell if it's videogame or real life.

on the PS2 it should hopefully look like that thanks to the fact TV's portray lower resolution images well.

But for direct-port screens they will look like the 2nd pic in the 1st post I'd expect :)

I find it particually noticable on my old GT2 magazine reviews with loads of extremely pixelated screenies, and although GT2 was pixelated it was never as bad as it looked in the magazines on the PSX.

I'd be weary of those super high res pics though, the PS2 isn't that powerful.

/I'll check out them vids :)

Originally posted by T5-R
on the PS2 it should hopefully look like that thanks to the fact TV's portray lower resolution images well.

But for direct-port screens they will look like the 2nd pic in the 1st post I'd expect :)

I find it particually noticable on my old GT2 magazine reviews with loads of extremely pixelated screenies, and although GT2 was pixelated it was never as bad as it looked in the magazines on the PSX.

I'd be weary of those super high res pics though, the PS2 isn't that powerful.

/I'll check out them vids :)
You haven't seen them? After seeing those vids you will see everything looks the same and is as detailed as the pic of the skyline.

Also check this one out omg :D
The ps2 is powerful enough to make those kinds of graphics, don't for get, gt3 didn't even use 25% of the ps2s power.

Well they look very good undoubtably but from the quality of the vid you can't really tell whether the quality is as clear as pic 1, which I doubt it could be. But it'll look great nonetheless :) (I got the vids @ 25k/s btw, not too bad)

Originally posted by cobragt
The ps2 is powerful enough to make those kinds of graphics, don't for get, gt3 didn't even use 25% of the ps2s power.

I'm pretty certain GT3 used more than 25% of the power, I reckon 100% infact. But, they can probably optimise it a lot more to make it look a bit better than GT3, which did already look great & sometimes photorealisitc.

God I want GT4 dammit, so bored of GT3.

Originally posted by T5-R
I'm pretty certain GT3 used more than 25% of the power, I reckon 100% infact. But, they can probably optimise it a lot more to make it look a bit better than GT3, which did already look great & sometimes photorealisitc.

PD has already stated that gt3 olny used about 25% of the ps2 power.

Originally posted by Nigma
PD has already stated that gt3 olny used about 25% of the ps2 power.

Yeah they also said GT1 only used 75% of the PS1's power, what a load of crap, GT2 may of had a little extra detail but the framerate wasnt as high & the draw distance was like cut in half!

If GT3 only used 25% of the PS2's power, why didn't they stick 20 cars on the track? Put the game in a stupidly high resolution? Why wasn't Monza (The best looking track) available in 2 player mode?

GT3 only using 25% of the power of a 300mhz console, is bollocks.

Otherwise it could have practically run on PSX hardware :lol:

If GT3 only used 25% the power, GT4 has no excuse to but to look real. Oh yeah, they also said they had difficulties improving on GT3 because of hardware limitations....

Back