Best Settings for RWD/AWD/FWD Cars.

• Thread starter BPskeet69
  • 23 comments

BPskeet69

(Banned)
BPskeet69
Hey guys, i started driving the GT3/GT1/Team Need For Speed cars the other day and noticed they handle MUCH better then 95% of the other cars in the game. I went into their tuning menus to see what there settings were set too so i could see the main difference between their handling and regular cars handling. I noticed The only big difference was the Damper/Spring/Alignment settings. I wrote down settings from a RWD GT3 Car, a AWD GT3 car, and a FWD team NFS Car, and applied those settings to my regular cars and wow what a difference, i was beating my old lap times easily. So i have the settings that best suite RWD/AWD/FWD cars for you guys, hopefully it'll help you. 👍

RWD Cars

Tires/Brakes
Front Tire Pressure - 40.00
Rear Tire Pressure - 55.00
Brake Balance - 50.00
Brake Pressure - 10.00

Alignment
Steering Lock - 20.00
Caster Angle - 8.00
Front Toe Angle - 19.00
Rear Toe Angle - 21.00
Front Camber - 20.00
Rear Camber - 30.00

Differential
Limited Slip Acceleration Lock - 6.00
Limited Slip Deceleration Lock - 12.00

Springs
Front Sway Bar - 5.00
Rear Sway Bar - 2.00
Front Spring Rate - 3.00
Rear Spring Rate 3.00

Dampers
Front Damper Fast Bump - 3.00
Front Damper Slow Bump - 3.00
Front Damper Fast Rebound - 4.00
Front Damper Slow Rebound - 4.00
Rear Damper Fast Bump - 2.00
Rear Damper Slow Bump - 2.00
Rear Damper Fast Rebound - 2.00
Rear Damper Slow Rebound - 2.00

AWD Cars

Tires/Brakes
Front Tire Pressure - 50.00
Rear Tire Pressure - 50.00
Brake Balance - 50.00
Brake Pressure - 15.00

Alignment
Steering Lock - 20.00
Caster Angle - 8.00
Front Toe Angle - 19.00
Rear Toe Angle - 22.00
Front Camber - 25.00
Rear Camber - 30.00

Differential
Limited Slip Acceleration Lock - 6.00
Limited Slip Deceleration Lock - 8.00

Springs
Front Sway Bar - 5.00
Rear Sway Bar - 4.00
Front Spring Rate - 2.00
Rear Spring Rate - 2.00

Dampers
Front Damper Fast Bump - 3.00
Front Damper Slow Bump - 3.00
Front Damper Fast Rebound - 4.00
Front Damper Slow Rebound - 4.00
Rear Damper Fast Bump - 2.00
Rear Damper Slow Bump - 2.00
Rear Damper Fast Rebound - 2.00
Rear Damper Slow Rebound - 2.00

FWD Cars

Tires/Brakes
Front Tire Pressure - 50.00
Rear Tire Pressure - 50.00
Brake Balance - 50.00
Brake Pressure 10.00

Alignment
Steering Lock - 20.00
Caster Angle - 8.00
Front Toe Angle - 19.00
Rear Toe Angle - 22.00
Front Camber - 25.00
Rear Camber - 35.00

Springs
Front SWay Bar - 5.00
Rear Sway Bar - 3.00
Front Spring Rate - 2.00
Rear Spring Rate - 2.00

Dampers
Front Damper Fast Bump - 0.00
Front Damper Slow Bump - 0.00
Front Damper Fast Rebound - 1.00
Front Damper Slow Rebound - 1.00
Rear Damper Fast Bump - 0.00
Rear Damper Slow Bump - 0.00
Rear Damper Fast Rebound - 1.00
Rear Damper Slow Rebound 1.00

Note: These settings worked perfect for me on all of my cars. I should also note my set up. Im using a DS3. Pro Handling Mode. ABS - Off. Traction Control - Low. Stability Control - Yes. Full Damage. HUD - Full, Mirror On. FFB Strength - 100%. Steering Deadzone - 0%. Steering Sensitivity - 10%. Throttle Deadzone - 0%. Throttle Sensitivity - 55%. Brake Deadzone - 0%. Brake Sensitivity - 55%. Speed Sensitivity - 75%.

Hopefully it'll help you guys too !

Interesting 💡

I may have to try this out and see what happens.If this works as well as you say it does this would save me a lot of time,since i tune by the weight distribution of the car,which does take time.

If anyone else tests these, leave feedback. What car you tried it on, whether it handled better or worse, how upgraded your car was, and if youd recommend the tune!

If anyone else tests these, leave feedback. What car you tried it on, whether it handled better or worse, how upgraded your car was, and if youd recommend the tune!

It won't be able to test this until tomorrow.Got to hit the bed soon.

I'll let you know how it works out after work tomorrow.👍

Okay, so I tested this tune a bit in my D499 S14. Went around Glendale West at first and was roughly a second slower than the best lap time I set with the S14 with my old tune, but I think my lines were a bit of, so I'll test that again.

Went to Brands Hatch afterwards, though, and easily improved my lap time by about two seconds.
Plus, the tune feels very good, no sliding and very responsive.

Recommended 👍

Okay, so I tested this tune a bit in my D499 S14. Went around Glendale West at first and was roughly a second slower than the best lap time I set with the S14 with my old tune, but I think my lines were a bit of, so I'll test that again.

Went to Brands Hatch afterwards, though, and easily improved my lap time by about two seconds.
Plus, the tune feels very good, no sliding and very responsive.

Recommended 👍

nice! I beat my mclaren MP4s fastest lap on silverstone by 3.5 seconds.

It is a good set, but the tire psi should only be a rough guess. You really want to run the hud setting for tire diagnostic, and you want both your front and rear tires using up to 95% of their grip on the sweeping curves. So try lowering and highering your tire psi until you are getting your full potential from them. IE: on the Nissan R34 you want a 40:45 psi and Caterham you want the stock 30:30(although you might get slightly better times with 35:35 it will be very twitchy, so you will likely get better averages with 30:30)

Do you have any settings for ride height and Ltd slip preload and Visco electronic lock? Im trying it out on a Gumpert Apollo.

Okay, so I've been spending a bit more time testing these settings, and so faar, I'm very impressed how well they're working for most cars. They're not the best settings possible for anything of course, but they make for a very good basis to start from.

Most RWD cars handle so well with the above settings that I saw little need to actually change anything about the setup so far, which is pretty nice 👍
On AWD cars, though, I find those settings to be a bit too lose and slippery, at least on some cars. Still fast, but I can't be as consistent with the car as I'd like to be. But, changing the settings slightly resulted in a very well handling, decently stable and very fast car.

I just remembered this thread and i did try these settings out the other day.

I really like the RWD settings,but i still had to make a few tweaks.The AWD didn't feel right and i did notice that these settings for these drivetrains won't work on all cars.Each car has different data inputs for the Springs,bump etc.So it would be off on some.On the bright side you an find a car that uses these settings and just match up the sliders on the other cars.Works pretty good that way too.

I still prefer to tune my own cars though. :)

Thank you very much for the RWD settings. they work very well for most RWD cars.
I think I know where you went wrong with the AWD settings... the thing is that there isnt any GT3 AWD cars, so that probably was where yo ugot it wrong...

Back