Porsche will not be in GT5

• Thread starter Lain
  • 2,206 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having RUF probably upsets Porsche. HAVE YOU SEEN ANOTHER GAME HAVE RUF AND PORSCHE?

Last edited:
I think thats more due to the fact that Other games opt only for popular car brands unlike GT, which goes for both well known and not so known car brands.

^ Makes sense.

I'll live without Porsche, though I wouldn't mind a RUF incarnation of a Carrera GT...

I hope that there is a last minute change of heart and porsche jumps in just in time for the GT5 release without any one expecting or knowing.

Having RUF probably upsets Porsche. HAVE YOU SEEN ANOTHER GAME HAVE RUF AND PORSCHE?

Thats true ,even the new NISSAN GTR might have pist them off too but the GTR and a few porsche are in NFS SHIFT as well . Its a bit unfair but what can PD do.

I like RUF but having only RUF would not allow me to drive this:

The new 911 GT3 RS :drool::drool:

Attachments

• 3_1280_1024.jpg
    3_1280_1024.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 51
What is wrong with Porsche??? They keep signing exclusivity rights with the CHEESIEST racing games (my opinion and totally subjective).

I'd kill to see a Porsche Unleashed type DLC add-on AT LEAST, for GT5.

So we know we wont be seeing no 956 le mans or NONE OF THAT!

Hopefully we will be getting Porsche race cars which PD dosen't have to sign a deal with Porsche. They can just have variations from the GT2, GT3 and GT1 EVO as race cars with damage and a livery editor. That should be good enough until they realize they are missing out by not signing with PD.

Doubt it. Porsche doesn't compete with Ruf & vice versa. They have totally different target audiences.

and Saleen doesn't target ford Mustang owners? I disagree. Most Porsche customer are also potential Ruf customers.

Rufs are built from unmarked Porsche bodies, which means Porsche still makes a sale when Ruf makes a sale. With that being said Porsche makes a hell of a lot more profit by selling their marked bodies direct because they include all the bells and whistles, service contracts etc.

I'd bet Porsche was upset when PD went around them and included Ruf which also helped popularize them.

Last edited:
What is wrong with Porsche??? They keep signing exclusivity rights with the CHEESIEST racing games (my opinion and totally subjective).

I'd kill to see a Porsche Unleashed type DLC add-on AT LEAST, for GT5.

So we know we wont be seeing no 956 le mans or NONE OF THAT!

That hurts!

I would do anything to have just a 911 and some classics:(

Last edited:
Ive always envisioned a gran turismo race with myself driving a 911 GT2. That is too bad really, maybe gran turismo 6 or maybe even as a DLC in the future for gran turismo 5.

+1. No doubt about that.

I actually started looking at a certain game's car list to see which P-cars they have confirmed so far...You know FM3 will have the 956 AND the 906? I wonder how deep their Porsche line up is once their full car list is revealed.

*This doesn't mean that I've jumped shipped. Just exploring my options...I'm sure you can understand.

EDIT - Note, that DLC is not an option for me.

As someone in the News section comments said, maybe Porsche isn't in the game because of the Nissan GTR. As everyone knows, the GTR is a fierce competitor of the 911 GT2 I believe. And seeing how the GTR is one of the spolk-cars of the game(like the Citroen), maybe Porsche didn't like that.

Porsche has never been involved with GT. I do not think the Nissan GTR has much to do with Porsches absence. It all comes down to money and or pre-existing contracts.

With this thread being 30 pages long and growing, you might think that Porsche is getting more advertisment by excluding themselves.

I don't know if it is because of the Nürburgring/GTR, RUF or maybe something totally different, but I'm pretty sure that Kazunori explanation about an “exclusive arrangement” is only for being politically correct.

As it is said on news section "perhaps, one day, we will learn the full story…"

PD have been making GT games fo over 10 years. in that time there would have been several contractural periods. theres no reason PD couldnt have gotten Porsche if they thought it was that importent. we get Marinellos big two, and we know what Meatloaf says about 2 outa 3. {yougsters, ask your parents}

b

Im no Porsche fan by a long shot (with the exception of the rather nice Carrera GT everything they have made over the past 10 years looks the same, streched to fit the platform/with a few extra bits of trim etc.

But they are such a huge brand, with some fantastic cars in their history, its a real shame that they wont be appearing in GT5.
Even if I would be unlikely to drive them much, I'd still like to see some 911s etc on the track for me to race!

Hopefully at some point we will see Porsche added as DLC (maybe once VW finish their takeover Porsche may be more susceptible)

^I think it's more like Porsche taking over VW. It didn't happen I think.

I heard some time ago Porsche had some financial difficulties and afterwards, VW absorbed some percentage of them.

Well, porsche is not in GT5, so this door can be closed now, and the key guarded by the banhammer.

As someone in the News section comments said, maybe Porsche isn't in the game because of the Nissan GTR. As everyone knows, the GTR is a fierce competitor of the 911 GT2 I believe. And seeing how the GTR is one of the spolk-cars of the game(like the Citroen), maybe Porsche didn't like that.
That logic doesn't really work considering the GT2 & the GT-R will be racing side-by-side in Shift.

How can RUF be in and Porsche not? Doesn't RUF buy cars from them and then additionally modify them?

How can RUF be in and Porsche not? Doesn't RUF buy cars from them and then additionally modify them?
RUF is not Porsche, and Porsche isn't RUF. ;)

A quote from Wikipedia: "Rufs are built from unmarked Porsche bodies and chassis. When a chassis arrives, Ruf builds their own independent work into the car. Because Ruf installs many of their own-made parts, the company is recognized as a manufacturer by the German government."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back