The amazing and cool photo thread

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,598 comments
That Cymothoid Isopod thing really creeps me out.

Fill Shark.
070124-sharks-weird.jpg

Apologize for the size;
gulper-eel-15579-sw.jpg

1904, one of the first photographs using a color process.
1904ThePondMoonlight.jpg

1826, first photograph.
1826ViewfromtheWindowatLeGras.png

1905RedHawkatanOasisintheBadlands.jpg

1948, Dali you so crazy.
1948DaliAtomicus.jpg

Some favourites from one of my favourite photographer, Edward Burtynsky.

Ship Graveyard.
burtynsky1.jpg

Lava.
manufactured%20landscapes.jpg

Chinese Factories;
Edward-Burtynsky-12-21-06.jpg

20_burtynsky_lg.jpg

CHNA_MAN_10AB_05.jpg

The file name is vertige (french for vertigo (fitting)) hotel, but I'm not finding much on that.

I like it because it is too big to fit my screen, so I have to scroll as if it were real and my eyes had to actually look up and down. Amazing at glass's capabilities.

[image removed due to malware warning]

Look how huge Tehran is! A population of 15 million people.

Burj_el_Arab_Tennis.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, here are a few.

060516f9712c9562vg8.jpg

060516f9712c1832ux1.jpg

2177452920028425816ruzgjc5.jpg

2824248930028425816wgwbbs7.jpg

baskingshark2ye9.jpg

irenemuelleramazingwateme5.jpg

iss011e112272ek6.jpg

You can totally see the roads and houses, pretty cool (even more so on the full sized shot).

This one you have to click for full-mega-size, it would ruin the shot if it was resized.

mercurytrans0304philjonuy6.jpg

That little black circle on the lower right portion of the screen is Mercury in its orbit, seen against the Sun (the huge yellowish thing)

This one also has to be seen in full-size, click the thumbnail

cateye2dv8.jpg

watervortex2se5.jpg

Keep in mind that this is a resize of the full picture:

Harrisburg800.jpg

and this is just a crop, not a new picture:

HarrisburgOffices.jpg

Welcome to the world of gigapixel. A lot of incredibly cool pictures there. One of my favorites is Lassen Volcano.

Is there a wallpaper size of that?

I'll do you even better then that. Click on THIS link and it will take you to the stunning thread that those shots came from. My few little samples doesn't do the photographer justice. Everyone with a healthy internet connection should take a look at that mans work (and others).

You will not be disappointed by clicking that link.

City grids = cool.

343703624c07e6bbe04bmu2.jpg

26078565kn9.jpg

I'll do you even better then that. Click on THIS link and it will take you to the stunning thread that those shots came from. My few little samples doesn't do the photographer justice. Everyone with a healthy internet connection should take a look at that mans work (and others).

That link is stunning. I really want to do a six month trip to Asia starting in India then to China and then Japan.

Just need the cash :)

I have a feeling I'll be adding to this thread a lot this summer.

I look forward to it, friend! 👍

All of these photos are truly great. It's amazing when we're able to catch that one single moment of a freak of nature on the loose, like those beautiful storms that we see happening everywhere all over the world, I particularly liked the satellite view photo. Those really make me go "Wow." every time.

Glaciers are the coolest things, aren't they? Beautiful in their monstrosity of largeness, and the different layers and colors make you want to get a closer look. Very well done.

Keep up the good work guys!👍

as said before I subscribed to this in a heartbeat after seeing some of the pictures. Keep up the awesomeness guise

City grids = cool.

343703624c07e6bbe04bmu2.jpg

26078565kn9.jpg

Pic of Tampa, Fl, at night?

1169095976_snow2.jpg

matterhorn-800.JPG

476853356_e291608419_o.jpg

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to search for Petra or Jordan and not get a picture of a female??? :lol:

wp_fireworks_dual3.jpg

Sorry for the über sizity, but it is a photo thread and all...

Back