Steer clear of Ghost Fox! - Was "Heellpp!!!"

• Thread starter DQuaN
  • 11 comments

DQuaN

Goat of the Year
Premium
United Kingdom
Ealing-London
I was just having a browse through some Firefox extensions and decided to install Ghost Fox. Basically it makes the browser disappear and you have to do some funky mouse movements to get it back. I did that, couldn't get it back, so opened another firefox and now it looks like this!

39269210vx8.jpg

I've uninstalled Ghost Fox but it's still doing it! Someone help!

Would uninstalling Fire Fox itself help? (and then reinstalling it afterwards obviously)

I'd rather not, what with all my cookies, plugins, passwords, favourites etc.

A bit of a shot in the dark this as i know very little about how a Windows PC files it's application files, but when i've had problems with Safari on my Macs at work i've deleted just the application file, leaving the preference file, and reinstalled the application. This way it keeps all the cookies and bookmarks etc and just replaces a possibly corrupted main application.

In Firefox, go into Options, click on the Content tab and make sure the Load Images Automatically is checked. Then under Fonts and Colors (on the same Content tab) go into Colors. Change the text color to black.

I think.

TB
In Firefox, go into Options, click on the Content tab and make sure the Load Images Automatically is checked. Then under Fonts and Colors (on the same Content tab) go into Colors. Change the text color to black.

I think.

Now:

95373947fn6.jpg

lol

At least FF3 is coming out later, hopefully that will fix the problem.

Looks like you need to change the color of links - again, under Content - colors.

It's more than that though. Backgrounds aren't showing up properly, nor are all the images. I might just reinstall.

Completely uninstalled, reinstalled. It kept my settings without asking. Still have the same problem. :grumpy:

Wow. Note to self - don't install Ghost Fox! :scared:

Sorry I wasn't much help, DQ.

WOO!!!!!!!

Deleted profile but kept data. Created a new profiile and copied the files over. Back to normal now and working perfectly. :)

Back