Another Fanatec wheel arrives!

• Thread starter jonboy1066
  • 3,981 comments
UKOG-jonboy
jonboy1066
My oh My these boys have been busy:

PWC-side2.jpg

It has the essential features of our high-end wheels in the middle price range of racing wheels.

It sells in the USA for just 149,95 USD (fanatec webshop) and in Europe between 150 and 200 € depending on the country and the pricing policy of the local distributor.

These features sets it apart from the competition:

Big wheel rim diameter: 300 mm
Fine TPE rubber wheel rim (heavy and solid) with smooth feeling
6+1 gear stick included
Pedals with clutch and different meachanics for each pedal for more realism
TUNING LED to adjust Force feedback strength, dampening strength and steering angle.
LED display shows telemetry data information from the game (speed, gear, shifting indicator etc)
900° steering angle
14 buttons on the wheel rim
Original reproduction of a 911 Carrera wheel rim
Designed for PC (PS3 games work but there are no button symbols)

Here the the technical differences from the 911 Turbo wheel:

gear drive instead of belt drive
higher gear ratio eliminates the cooling fans and reduce the size of the power supply
on/off switch
no soft touch coating
less painted parts
no illuminated buttons
no additional vibration motors in the wheel
wired data transfer on wheel and pedal
TPE wheel rim instead of leather
pedals without chrome plating and without steel plate (available optional)
possible upgrade with the Clubsport paddle shifters (metal)

So basically it looks to me like a good competitor to the G25 for a cheaper price.

I'm curious to see if a simillar wheel will be made that is XBox 360 compatible

@ Fanatec.......I hope you don't mind me quoting your blog but I thought that people would be interested who may not be able to stretch to the value of the PWT & PWTS

More features:

· 4 steps adjustable damper strength, independent from game options, and the force feedback adjusment
· Screw fixation of pedal unit

I see in this wheel a very interesting product, considering its price (the same price range as the Logitech Driving Force GT).

Last edited:
More features:

· 4 steps adjustable damper strength, independent from game options, and the force feedback adjusment
· Screw fixation of pedal unit

I see in this wheel a very interesting product, considering its price (the same price range as the Logitech Driving Force GT).

I was debating between the Logitech Driving Force GT and this as my 2nd wheel, after comparing the specs I would go with the Fanatec wheel. Driving Force GT doesn't come with a clutch

If it shares the same relationship as the 911 Turbo wheel versus the G25 I would also aim for this :). Especially since the DFP GT don´t have the pedals to keep it above water that is the main selling argument on the G25 to me :)

pwc_2412.jpg

I find this a little bit interesting, Fanatec's current wheel's all come with the "xbox guide button" gap/mold. I wonder if this was done only to save costs on wheel construction or to leave a possibility to convert all wheels to the 360 in the future?

Thomas, from Fanatec says that will not make a X360 version of this wheel.

That's a real shame. It would of been an instant hit.

Last edited:
The Xbox 360 electronics are very expensive and we would also had to add license fees so it is not likely that we can make the same price for a multiplatform version.

Last edited:
Although it's just my opinion I do think that XBox owners would pay the little extra money for a quality wheel with good force feedback, especially with RACE Pro on the horizion as at the moment a decent wheel is what's missing from XBoxland, so I reckon making a 360 version of this wheel would be successful.

Best to see how the sales of the PWTS goes first though to see what demand is like amongst 360 owners I suppose.

The Xbox 360 electronics are very expensive and we would also had to add license fees so it is not likely that we can make the same price for a multiplatform version.

Thanks for the response!

Any idea when you will announce the date for the Porsche 911 GT3 RS Wheel to be available for pre-order and what the discount will be?

Last edited by a moderator:
Although it's just my opinion I do think that XBox owners would pay the little extra money for a quality wheel with good force feedback, especially with RACE Pro on the horizion as at the moment a decent wheel is what's missing from XBoxland, so I reckon making a 360 version of this wheel would be successful.

Best to see how the sales of the PWTS goes first though to see what demand is like amongst 360 owners I suppose.

Why would they need to make another wheel for the 360? Their top of the line wheel (911 turbo s wheel) is for the 360. It also comes in 3 different price ranges to accommodate different levels of racers.

Wonder what's gotten into fanatec, to start making all of these different models all of a sudden. It seems like every other week they announce a new wheel now. You would think that with the 911 turbos s, and the porcshe 911 carrera wheels they have everyone covered. I'm not complaining though, they can come out with all the wheels they want. It gives me something to look at on the internet everyday. I just wish they would surprise us, and start the production of the turbo s wheel sooner, april or may is a long wait, and I might drive my wife crazy by then talking to her about it.

Another wheel, and this seems the best:

Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS Wheel

rs2mj1.jpg

rs4cy8.jpg

rs3pg8.jpg

rs5xl5.jpg

rs6zr6.jpg

Features:

· Big wheel rim diameter: 300 mm
· Genuine alcantara leather on the wheel rim. 100% the same material what Porsche is using in the real 911 GT3 RS (Fanatec ship this leather from Germany to the factory in China)
· Extra smooth and silent belt drive without mechanical dead zone
· TUNING LED to adjust Force feedback strength and steering angle.
· LED display shows telemetry data information from the game (speed, gear, shifting indicator, etc)
· Two additional vibration motors in the wheel rim
· 900° steering angle
· 14 buttons on the wheel rim
· Original reproduction of a 911 GT3 RS rim
· Designed for PC (PS3 games work but there are no button symbols)
· Clubsport shifter paddles (metal)
· Clubsport pedals with:

- Clutch and different meachanics for each pedal for more realism
- ABS vibration on brake pedal
- Contactless high precision sensors for gas and clutch
- Adjustable load cell pressure sensor for brake
- Adjustable spring strength
- Screw fixation of pedal unit

Technical differences from the 911 Turbo wheel:

· On/off switch
· No illuminated buttons
· Wired data transfer on wheel and pedal
· Possible upgrade with the 6+1 and secuential shifters

Launch price: 289 USD/€

Last edited:
I love all these new wheels, but I am starting to get aggravated. There is no way my wife will let me buy them all. I wish they would make the 911 turbo s wheel with that leather. I never thought that there would be a market for this many wheels to be released so close together.
Wonder why the gt3 wheel is so much cheaper than the 360 wheel? I know a shifter can't make the price jump up 120$. Wonder how much a shifter for this one will be. I will be very upset if they release a higher quality shifter then is offered with the 360 wheel. I will be even more upset if it's not compatible across all the versions.

^^^^^^^^^^^I like the looks of this one.Are pedals wired?
All the parts and conections of this wheel are wired.

Wonder why the gt3 wheel is so much cheaper than the 360 wheel?
Because it lose some features, as the wireless conections, the X360 compatibility, the backlight buttons, etc.

I will be very upset if they release a higher quality shifter then is offered with the 360 wheel. I will be even more upset if it's not compatible across all the versions.
In the Porsche Wheel forum Thomas told about the development of a high end shifter in one year for all the new wheels.

But really Thomas could tell us more about this questions...

From the respoinse we got from the community we found that there are basically three types of user demands.

1. Hardcore console racer
They like to have
  • Multi platform compatibility to PS3, 360 and PC
  • Wireless connection to play in the living room
  • a full package without the need to buy anything else
  • Shifters for more realism
This is why we made the 911 Turbo S wheel.
To diversify it even more we made 3 editions so we cover a price range from 200 to 500 € depending on what features you like

2. Hardcore PC racer
Although the GT3 RS works fine with the PS3 and GT5 we designed this wheel for PC users in mind.
  • No need for wireless connection
  • good paddle shifters
  • perfect and sturdy pedals
It is a reduction to what it takes to make you go fast

3. The racing fan (not enthusiast) who is just looking for a decent wheel at an attractive price.
the result was the Porsche 911 Carrera wheel.
  • must have clutch and 6+1 speed shifter
  • the big wheel rim, LED display, amount of buttons etc of the high end wheels
  • good quality but no need for ueberfetaures such as the belt drive, leather or wireless
You can also tune this wheel a little bit but you get a good set right out of the box.

Thats it for now. There are no more wheels in the pipeline and I hope we covered any taste and demand out there.

Beside that, if you already have a G25 you can buy the clubsport pedals separatly or you just buy the wheel of 911 Turbo S Pure edition and use your G25 pedals with it.
Anything is possible.

I commend you for the many great options & flexibility you are offering. I hope you are successful with these products, but your timing with regard to the economy could have been better. :nervous:

Everybody should have a dongle... :)

Pretty much all covered then though it would have been nice for some wheel like the Frex FFB wheel as well. Can understand if that won´t happen though :)

edit: Just broke down and decided to order one lol

Last edited:
I really wish the Xbox360 one was a GT3 RS wheel aswell.

Isint that wheel out for a while now? Lets see some RS footage in action, especailly new pedals.

I know what my next wheel will be. The 911 GT3 RS - clubsport - wheel with the 2 shifters. Mmmm, w00t!

:)

I know what my next wheel will be. The 911 GT3 RS - clubsport - wheel with the 2 shifters. Mmmm, w00t!

Welcome to the club, I already purchased the RS, ClubSport and shifters. Now I will just have to wait for mid March release!

Welcome to the club, I already purchased the RS, ClubSport and shifters. Now I will just have to wait for mid March release!
Perfect. So you are my (and GTP's) guinea pig.

If you have it, test it, write a nice review put this review on GTP! Let us know what you think of it and I will always be greatfull for that. ;)

Don't forget to PM me if you have it and tell me if you wrote a review, so I won't miss this review.

From the respoinse we got from the community we found that there are basically three types of user demands.

1. Hardcore console racer
They like to have
  • Multi platform compatibility to PS3, 360 and PC
  • Wireless connection to play in the living room
  • a full package without the need to buy anything else
  • Shifters for more realism

This is why we made the 911 Turbo S wheel.
    To diversify it even more we made 3 editions so we cover a price range from 200 to 500 € depending on what features you like

Anything is possible.

Where would i go to buy this wheel with pedals and adapters to work on both x360 and ps3? You have me sold if you show me :0

Here?
http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_usa/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=51&osCsid=6579d3eabf555ac758753d9a49fdcfb5

Any retail outlets in U.S. that have this?

Last edited:
I do not believe any retail stores have them but that is the right wheel. I want one to upgrade from my DFGT but $350 is out of my range for the moment :P and the fact of paying that much and waiting 2 months seems crazy

Back