G25 Handbrake, Video added

• Thread starter wrcsti
  • 28 comments

wrcsti

(Banned)
elmataplata
Well, I am going to be building one pretty soon, bought the switch for it today but I need to find a stick the right size to be used before wireing it up. I'll post a HOW-TO when I finish.

Last edited:
I've been itching to do this as well with integration into my Obutto Chassis. I have some ideas and knowledge of wiring/soldering so it can't be too big of a deal to complete except that I want to use a real e-brake. That is where the majority of it's construction will probably slow me down...maybe when you are done it will give me the last oomph I need to start/finish my plan. Post lots of pics of the internal G25 wiring areas (I'm just going to wire it to a face button "O" to make it easy)...Good Luck!

Yeah i was going to wire it also to the O button. Search youtube for G25 tuned. You will find a guy that did a ton of mods to his G25, one of them is this. He has atutorial on his blog but I can't read the translated japaneese at all.

EDIT:
Found something that can work as a handle. A old Rc car remote that I hacked a piece off. currently trying to make it more rigid and longer so maybe by tomarrow I will start taking pics and building the thing.

Last edited:
Got a direct link to that tutorial as I couldn't seem to find it...

Got it, Thanx. Reading through I found a couple of things...

The creation of the emergency brake.

1: First of all, Unplug the cover.

2: ○ button wired to the base of the slot.

3: set up a horn switch

Pretty self explanatory

For more information on the homepage of HANKONMENYU images of the G25 will be up, so A blog is just the point.

That meant there was another link somewhere that I found right here (has some really cool additional stuff like how to increase motor speed for the steering mechanism somehow?). And by using the pictures in the newer link I found it kind of makes it easier to understand how to work it out.

I have already changed my plans based on the videos to be more WRC/Drift like in it's setup (it actually takes a HELL of a lot of work off my original design!). The Japanese tutorial states to use a "horn switch" but I am quite positive it was meant as a momentary switch, here are some that I found ranging from cheap to expensive

$5.93

$10.95

$66.77

Now I found those in a bit of a hurry so to ANYONE interested in any one of them be sure to confirm if the one you like is a 2 position (standard main position) Off -> On (momentary).

Hey while on the topic of switches wrcsti what switch did you end up getting? I am going to keep doing some research on switches (possibly magnetic ones but a standard momentary one is 99% the one I'll use). If anyone has any suggestions or help please feel free to jump in, especially for handle suggestions etc.

Last edited:
I got a 4 dollar momentary switch from radioshack. Right now im letting the glue for the handle dry,hopefully it'll be sturdy when I get home from school.
I am doing what he did with the handbrake being like this / instead of like __ .

Last edited:
Cool, up some pics and link the Radioshack part or post the part # when you can.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I thought I share my handbrake mod with you all. Nothing too fancy, just a simple car handbrake lever that I got from an auto wrecker...

Here's my current racing cockpit setup with the handbrake.

001qy0.jpg

002dp2.jpg

Here's the shifter unit with the wires coming out from where the clamp goes into the unit. The contact of the wires are touching the points where the "O" button is. I didn't solder them onto the PCB. Just taped them on in case I need to remove them someday.

003sn3.jpg

From the shifter to the handbrake, its basically a Cat5 UTP network cable of which I'm using a single pair of it.

004zt3.jpg

005xn5.jpg

006nb7.jpg

I'm using the switch on the handbrake which is used to trigger the handbrake lights on the dash. It fits my purpose exactly :D

007mz0.jpg

And finally, here're some videos of me drifting and using the handbrake.

Hope this post give you guys some ideas. Feel free to ask if you need more details on my setup.

:cheers:

See that is why I wanted to originally use an actual car E-brake, since it has the switch already in it and is known to be able to take some abuse...now I got to think it over some more. Damn it :boggled:

Huh... Never thought of that one, but there are no wrecking yards near me to get one from. :(

EDIT:
Almost done with the wireing. Gotta let the soldering iron cool off though as it overheated and stopped working.
EDIT:
Finished it :D!!
Will post pics tomarrow.

Last edited:
I took a small video of my attempting to drift. It still feels wierd. I'm uploading pics and videos right now.

Tj- He might have the real drifting sim, but I have the real redneck/ghetto sim.

Last edited:
nice , i like the use of the XMODS controller for the handle lol

does youre whole table have FFB? kinda looks like in a rally

nice , i like the use of the XMODS controller for the handle lol

does youre whole table have FFB? kinda looks like in a rally

It's not noticeble when you are driving it. I was actually surprised when I saw the video about that.

I thought i would contribute to this topic with my one off custom build handbrake by yours truly. Here is the video.

also i have a few pics

Attachments

• 102_2661.jpg
    102_2661.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 53
  • 102_2662.jpg
    102_2662.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 50
Anyone know where I can find a detailed walkthrough on how to set up an ebrake for the g25?

*EDIT
As in the wiring connections?

Last edited:
I think you won't be getting some more advice.
The thread starter has been banned and can't post any messages anymore.

when you open up the shifter , you just solder the wires under the rubber pad were the ''O'' button is , really easy too fiqure out

Isn't the O button an analogue button - maybe it might have been nicer to hook it up to a variable potentiometer - so that your handbrake would be analogue? (Like in real life?)

C.

Hi mate any chace you could post a pic of where you taped the wires on to as i would like to do the same on mine any help would be great thanks

Back