Abandoned cars and barn finds picture thread!!!!!

• Thread starter Cano
  • 2,165 comments
This was actually posted by Hun200kmh in another thread, but when I saw this topic I felt it should be posted in here too.

16401753.jpg

TR7 pwns X1/9? Hmm that's not right!

VERY INTERESTING!!! It's amazing how those can be in an airport's parking lot, how could the authorities leave them in such a place for so long? I know Latin american authorities and how lax they are, I'm from Mexico for God's sake, but that is still an amazing find. A 1955 Pontiac, but the blue euro car I do not recognize. Do you know what it is?

Also, that home-kitter Porsche is awesome!!!! I'd rock it just like it is haha; the Porsche cemnetery on the other hand, is way sad.

It's a Fiat 850 coupe, or so it says here. Another site says that the owners left their cars at the parking lot before their flight. After they arrived the parking lot bill was so high that it was easier for them to leave the cars there.

It's a Fiat 850 coupe, or so it says here. Another site says that the owners left their cars at the parking lot before their flight. After they arrived the parking lot bill was so high that it was easier for them to leave the cars there.

hhahaha many MANY thanks for the links. I can't believe this. That link from Retrovisiones, the author of the article is Diego Speratti! He is an argentinean that was the editor in chief of the car magazine I work for here in Mexico when I started there like 7 years ago. The guy left for Argentina again and the last I knew about him was that, indeed, he was in Colombia, but that was years ago. Nice to see he is still puttering around.

Oh and also nice links, the car owners must have been gone for years!

hhahaha many MANY thanks for the links. I can't believe this. That link from Retrovisiones, the author of the article is Diego Speratti! He is an argentinean that was the editor in chief of the car magazine I work for here in Mexico when I started there like 7 years ago. The guy left for Argentina again and the last I knew about him was that, indeed, he was in Colombia, but that was years ago. Nice to see he is still puttering around.

Oh and also nice links, the car owners must have been gone for years!

Glad you enjoyed the pictures, and quite amazing you can relate somehow with them. I would post more, but those two cars are the most interesting I've found that are here in Colombia. Surely there are more, but I have no idea where to find them.

I read a blog the other day about a garage in L.A. that restores everything under the body of previously abandoned/derelict cars but keeps them looking the way nature weathered them. I found it through stumbleupon.
Here's the video on it.

I'd just like to thank Cano for this thread: fascinating, depressing and beautiful all in one. 👍 Can't believed I've never visited before.

Found this a mile from my house.

Id like know how long its been there stuff all piled around it , no paint , messed up inside.
Im thinkng of asking "How much" when my budget is fitting.
IMAG0090_zps9d24b398.jpg

IMAG0091_zps77c240e5.jpg

IMAG0095_zpse72772c3.jpg

IMAG0096_zps2b3c65cc.jpg

Last edited:
This thread has inspired me to find something that has been put in a similar situation to fix up, once my budget can allow it.

While this thread is indeed pretty sad, the cars themselves are truly beautiful. This one in particular made me stop:

ParadiseParking_12_peterlippmann.jpg

The things I would do to have that on display in a personal showroom somehow. It's absolutely gorgeous.

I stumbled across these yesterday.

The first of the three, is something I need help ID'ing.

The next car, is a Dart. Not sure what year though. The funny thing is, a few minutes before I found these cars, I saw a mint Dart of the same body style.

And for the final car, the one that made me the saddest, is this little Nash Metropolitan.

whoooaa! This thread absolutely exploded!!! Awesome finds everyone!!! That Vette is a real pain to see in such a shape, but I love the logs!!

And the moss in the Beetle, very cool! Poolhas, find out if you can buy it, really. From that picture alone I can see at least 10 original, every-day-harder-to-find parts that cost a pretty good sum of money. If you can score it for cheap, I'd reckon the value of the parts in that car could be very well worth taking it away.

And Reece, my man... those cars are so sad. The Metro is just plain wrong omFg. And no, that isn't a Model A like GTPorsche suggests, it's not even a Ford. I'm almost positive it's a 1927 Chevrolet. What's left of it.

Damn now I have to post moar pics of stuff I've found. I'll walk the dog and dump dem pics here.

Cano is right.

It's a late 1920s Chevy. I didn't notice the step in the grille design at first.

It's most likely a 1929 or newer Coupe as those had the metal spoke wheels.

Thanks for IDing the Chevy! After looking at the Nash pictures a little more, it almost looks like the poor car was t-boned....

Back