Abandoned cars and barn finds picture thread!!!!!

• Thread starter Cano
  • 2,165 comments
abandoned_supercars_85.jpg

BMW ________?

Edit: stupid caps filter.

Now that I think about it, judging by where the picture was taken and the fiberglass shell sitting behind it, I'm thinking TVR as well.

tumblr_ljp6fyd7go1qasqbl.jpg

That is all.

That car is one of the most famous barn finds ever. here is a quick grasp at how it came to be:

It is true that all six cars were flown from England back to the States, but until 2001 only five were thought to exist. The sixth car? No one knew. Then a woman named Donna O'Hara lit herself on fire. In her locked storage shed, was the missing sixth car, called CSX2287, that her father had purchased years earlier and left to her. Undoubtedly the greatest barn find in the history of car collecting, its worth is valued at over $4,000,000. Not bad for an initial investment of about five grand.

Best barn finds ever! Brian Redman's F5000 car!

Heres the link for more pictures:
http://bringatrailer.com/2011/05/06/f5000-barn-find-brian-redman-1974-lola-t332/

that's pretty damn bad-ass! I love Bring a Trailer too.

:grumpy:

That cars looks totally complete. If the parts are not rusted through, someone restoring that car can become a rich man.

It cannot be rusted, it's made of aluminum. Yup, i know.

TVR maybe?

Ding ding, yup. In fact, if you look really close to the... thing behind the car, I'm sure you will make out the taillight of a speed 12; it's true, those pictures are very famous too, that was the private junkyard where TVR dumped his concept cars after they made the rounds. Those are incredibly old and quite famous too. Go here for more suffering.

EDIT: hyper-treed, but go check the link anyway, it has more abandoned TVRs inside.

Sad thread is sad.

Cano, moar pictures of abandoned cars in Mexico, please.

That is all.

my pleasure, bud! again, these all were taken by me and already shown in the "did you see anything good today" thread. But you really can't have enough.

troles067.jpg

zfdsa010.jpg

zfdsa011.jpg

gfj008.jpg

gfj011.jpg

gfj012.jpg

hbfcd014.jpg

long gone:
ghdfl138.jpg

ghdfl145.jpg

hhhj001.jpg

And on and on...

Ding ding, yup. In fact, if you look really close to the... thing behind the car, I'm sure you will make out the taillight of a speed 12; it's true, those pictures are very famous too, that was the private junkyard where TVR dumped his concept cars after they made the rounds. Those are incredibly old and quite famous too. Go here for more suffering.

EDIT: hyper-treed, but go check the link anyway, it has more abandoned TVRs inside.

HOLY CRAP! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Someone absolutely needs to go and do something with those. A FIRST GEN. SPEED 12 CHASSIS JUST SITTING THERE?!

*passes out*

Well, I believe that even just the chassis will be worth a small fortune.. But yeah, this thread depresses and angers me. All those classics, slowly fading into ground..

Thanks for the pics, Cano. I used to live in downtown gdl for 6 years and I saw cars like those in every corner. There were some that I was particularly fond of, too. I love sights like that, windows to the past.

I of course am no photographer like you so I never really captured any. Today you bring tears of joy to the car nostalgy geek in me.

Thanks for the pics, Cano. I used to live in downtown gdl for 6 years and I saw cars like those in every corner. There were some that I was particularly fond of, too. I love sights like that, windows to the past.

I of course am no photographer like you so I never really captured any. Today you bring tears of joy to the car nostalgy geek in me.

Dude you don't need to be a photographer to capture these things. Heck I've done pics of cars with my cellphone. This is just for documenting what is out there. Of course you can do awesome pictures of abandoned cars, but in an enviroment like Mexico City you know it's pretty dangerous. Even so, even cellphone pics are fine for this stuff.

where are you now? DF also?

SVX
HOLY CRAP! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Someone absolutely needs to go and do something with those. A FIRST GEN. SPEED 12 CHASSIS JUST SITTING THERE?!

*passes out*

I believe Smolensky still owns TVR and the Bristol Road Factory, so they're probably still there.

The Speed 12 (Project 7/12) shown in the picture was only ever a show mock-up, never turned a wheel or even had an engine fitted. Looking at the blacked out windows (on a race car?) i doubt it had an interior either. Would still be pretty cool as a static display 👍

Dude you don't need to be a photographer to capture these things. Heck I've done pics of cars with my cellphone. This is just for documenting what is out there. Of course you can do awesome pictures of abandoned cars, but in an enviroment like Mexico City you know it's pretty dangerous. Even so, even cellphone pics are fine for this stuff.

where are you now? DF also?

I'll snap some pictures with my cellphone next time I see one of these. 👍

I'm in "suburbian" gdl now, I bought a house. Naturally, new houses are in the middle of nowhere. :lol:

:0 got DAMN, those are hardcore. At least it isn't a supercharged Cord, but still...

and nice pics of the purple TVR Cracker, I was looking for them yesterday but couldn't find a thing. It's been so long since I last saw those.

Today's dose:
ride420046.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

Opel GTs!
IMG_7931.jpg

p367892284-4.jpg

very rare Auto Union:
IMG7766-L.jpg

look who's inside:
firetrk-012-L.jpg

mother nature doing her thing:
P1010953.jpg

ultra-clean barn find, check that out, it's all there!
IM000071-1.jpg

awesome:
10-12-6.jpg

not awesome (but yes):
10-12-31.jpg

THE GLASSSSSSS!!!!
699212460_7trs8-L.jpg

GOT DAMN:
179005_10150133171673109_500023108_7871243_7693004_n.jpg

I want to cry... REAL Hurst S/C Rambler:
Hurst.jpg

Okay, a quick story. This car isn't abandoned, but it hasn't moved in over a year. Why? Speed bumps. It can't go any further than a 100m out of this road before it comes across a senseless number of speed bumps. I'm also told (by a female friend who couldn't understand my excitement) that this car belongs to the son of the woman that lives there. But he doesn't. Also, can anyone identify what is behind!?

But also... is it a replica!?

imkr6h.png

The Speed 12 (Project 7/12) shown in the picture was only ever a show mock-up, never turned a wheel or even had an engine fitted. Looking at the blacked out windows (on a race car?) i doubt it had an interior either. Would still be pretty cool as a static display 👍

Wow, I remember many years ago at a motorshow (here in Australia) TVR had that exact car on show (well, same model and colour atleast) and a TVR lady was telling me how it was the fastest car in the world. I am pretty it was that exact mock up with the dark windows.

Jay
Wow, I remember many years ago at a motorshow (here in Australia) TVR had that exact car on show (well, same model and colour atleast) and a TVR lady was telling me how it was the fastest car in the world. I am pretty it was that exact mock up with the dark windows.

I'm sure it will have been. i doubt an outfit the size of TVR, even back then at their most popular, would have made two of them just for shows. 👍

Looking at the images posted, and using google street view to peer through the factory gates, i think all the old prototypes, show cars and unfinished shells, look to have been cleared out. Hopefully put in storage somewhere.

Also, can anyone identify what is behind!?

But also... is it a replica!?

imkr6h.png

The car behind it is a Jaguar Type E, and pretty damn cool with the wide Minilitesand the side exhaust. V8?

Also yes, it's a replica.

Today we won't see abandoned cars. Well, just this one here that's SO awesome:

122809_2b.jpg

Today... WE SEE BARN FINDS!

hrdp_0710_20_z%2Bcustom_hot_rod_cars_barn_finds%2B1970_plymouth_cuda_side_view.jpg

DB4 ragtop:
astonmartin1.jpg

BarnFind.jpg

just pulled out, V6 car:
DSC00099.jpg

take your pick:
0UDOYK1w.jpg

57 Biarritz ragtop:
leftfront.jpg

Yup:
1972_Lamborghini_Espada_British_Barn_Find_1.jpg

1933 Alfa Romeo 8C2300 Lungo, body by Castagna. Could be worth a few milions, you know.
71001d1182939068-barn-find-barn-find_01.jpg

71002d1182939089-barn-find-barn-find_02.jpg

6-door Aerobus!
100_2436.jpg

I choose the blue race car:
kevin-gosselin-porsche-barn-find-3.jpg

customized 1936 Ford, this car is awesome:
Ford%20Barn%20Find%20early%20custom.JPG

1955+Chevrolet+Nomad+barn+Find.jpg

motherofgod.jpg:
7.jpg

and finally... you'd think these things don't happen anymore in this world. Holly hell look at that.
300SL041.jpg

I was browsing around some abandoned car pictures and remembered abut this thread. Man it's been YEARS.

I know what you are all thinking... "gravedigger pic in 3, 2, 1...", well, here it is:
IMG_7082.JPG

SUBSCRIBED!!!!!111one!

as for grave digger 1, I drive by it on the way to the beach every summer (it's in North Carolina). Last summer it wasn't sitting there so perhaps it's being restored?

I believe Smolensky still owns TVR and the Bristol Road Factory, so they're probably still there.

Well that rolling shell may never have been fitted with an engine but thankfuly at least one existed that did the business!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjihcuJOa8s

Back