• Thread starter Earth
  • 23 comments
GTP_Royalton
From Sunday's NASCAR race at Atlanta

Notice the picture used at the 37 second mark in this video

000343433333.jpg

It is the same photo as this one:

01d.jpg

I think this shows there already is a behind the scenes partnership between PD and NASCAR

Afterall, PD did license Daytona, and I think next up is official stock cars used in NASCAR.

Last edited:
Kudos for finding this. I might've recognized it, but I wouldn't have a clue where it was from.

Don't know what it means in terms of business/partnerships, though.

It means nothing.

article-0-03C956BD000005DC-788_468x641.jpg

Does this image mean Kate Winslet is a Liberal Democrat supporter?

No.

Lib Dems doctor Golden Globes pictures of Kate Winslet for their conference brochure

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 2:39 PM on 08th March 2009

The Liberal Democrats doctored a picture of Kate Winslet at the Golden Globes for their conference brochure, it has emerged.

Winslet was made to look like she was on the red carpet of the party's Council Awards which were hosted at its conference in Yorkshire on Friday night.

But in fact, the picture used was simply one of her at the awards ceremony in the U.S. earlier this year with the hoarding behind her altered.

The colour picture was used prominently in the Lib Dems' conference agenda brochure, which was also free to download from its website.

Its use is all the more embarrassing for the party because leader Nick Clegg is friends with Winslet's husband, director Sam Mendes, according to the Independent.

A message was also included on the image, declaring: 'Winning is emotional', in reference to the actresses' tearful speech at the Golden Globes in January.

Winslet, 33, won two awards at the ceremony for performances in The Reader and Revolutionary Road and gave a very rambling, tearful address.

Her spokesman said: 'They did not request permission to use the image and, so far, Kate has not been made aware of its use. I am not aware of her political position.'
Kate Winslet

A Lib Dem spokesman said the party had believed it could use modern figures in current affairs adverts.

But legal experts cited by the Independent said the actress might be able to sue the party for false endorsement.

A spokesman from the local Lib Dem government group behind the advert dismissed it as a 'humorous piece for a fairly low-key event'.

He insisted it was not designed to indicate Winslet was a Lib Dem supporter and said the party was 'more than happy' to make it clear that was not the case.

Does an image of GT5 Prologue in a NASCAR show mean that NASCAR and PD are partners?

No.

Entering 'Formula 1' into google images gives you that GT5P pic on the first page, looking at the other pics that image probably gives the best shot for a postcard so a pretty obvious choice.

Nascar and GT will not work in my opinion.

Too boring.
F1 on the other hand :)

That would depend on the goal.

If they want to attract more fans and sell more copies in North America, and the US in particular, partnering with NASCAR is brilliant. And it seems to me they have a key opportunity with that one, their penetration here is much lower than in Europe.

Earth
I think this shows there already is a behind the scenes partnership between PD and NASCAR

Afterall, PD did license Daytona, and I think next up is official stock cars used in NASCAR.

I really doubt NASCAR has any direct affiliation with PD or Sony.

daan
Does an image of GT5 Prologue in a NASCAR show mean that NASCAR and PD are partners?

No.
So, when do I get props for calling this out 3 months ago

:D

So, when do I get props for calling this out 3 months ago

:D

I just saw this is almost 3 months old... lol

Great find, i guess there's a hint on everything, for instance i can't believe how i couldn put 2 and 2 togheter for the WRC thing.

The last game was in 2005 and then after that Evolutio went on to make Motorstorm. We thought they had lost the license, like Sony UK and F1, but they didn't.

Loeb always ran with heavily Playstation sponsored cars, and we should suspect that GT could have something to do with WRC.

Now we know, which leads me to believe that we should take it very seriously the city names on the Prologue menu screen. I have a feeling all those cities will have their tracks on the game.👍

Nascar and GT will not work in my opinion.

Too boring.
F1 on the other hand :)

So you think passing on the first lap, and only passing on the first lap is exciting? I would say the opposite, F1 is good for people who like TT, NASCAR is for people who like close racing and beer drinking... yeah bo!

So you think passing on the first lap, and only passing on the first lap is exciting? I would say the opposite, F1 is good for people who like TT, NASCAR is for people who like close racing and beer drinking... yeah bo!
I don't think the F1 vs. NASCAR argument needs to be re-ignited. :rolleyes: Both series attract different kinds of people and both series have their good points and their bad points. Nobody's going to win.

EDK
their penetration here is much lower than in Europe.

You heard that rumour about the Japanese as well? ;)

Lets all hope for some more media so we don't scrape the bottom of the barrel for the next 3 months!

Back