GT5 Master Track List (NOT a wishlist)

• Thread starter CyborgGT
  • 5,199 comments
All layouts of Cape Ring with the same scale:

capering.png
Did anybody see this and instantly think of Forza? It really doesn't do anythig for me ... the southern configuration is the only one that is remotely interesting.

Opera Paris was alright to me. Nowhere in the realm of impressive, but it was mostly stop-and-go traffic. Here is another rant... I just commented on the News page that I'm pretty okay with such places and the track list.

I'm not seriously hateful over such tracks missing from past GT titles. I'm sad some are gone, but not going on any serious rage. Now... had we lost Grand Valley Speedway or Deep Forest (two long-time staples) in GT5, you KNOW people are going to be pissed off about that. I do think we may see some more classic courses return. As far as seeing past courses gone in future sequels, I think back to courses gone from games like the Forza Motorsport series. I thought Alpine Ring was a fantastic course from FM1. Has it shown up for FM2 and FM3? Nope. What about Pacific Shipyards? They were in FM2 and FM3 right? No. Sad reality is... courses come and go. I am a fan of Seattle Circuit (and the city of Seattle). I think the Hong Kong and Seoul courses could have been more interesting (I'd race Hong Kong deep into night rather than at sunset).

One last note... if there was a course I'd probably be disappointed in not seeing return- the classic Rome Circuit (to coincide with what I call Neo-Rome Circuit in GT5).

I hate to say it but this Track List makes me not want to buy GT5. It's like fancy small things and only 300 cars was good enough.

The tracks that are notably gone:
Infineon (how?)
Seattle
Seoul
Grand Canyon
Citta di Aria
Costa di Amalfi
Tahiti
Cathedral Rocks
El Capitan

Now I get we have conflicting points, and someone will argue this, but ponder this:

"You can have race on a track without a car, but you can't race a car without some form of track."

Last edited:
Maybe it was already said but Piazza del Campo is not in..
Of course it is not a significant one but it's, maybe, a clue that not all the tracks have been declared.

I don't know but he must have confidence in his game.
And it's going to be a wonderful game: new physics, AI, all the cool features...
I just feel they may have underestimated the importance of adding more tracks. (or at least not remove any) Let's hope this is not a full list.

And if it is, that we can at least download new content in the future.

Was I the only one who loved Opera Paris?

No way. I had it in my mind that we were getting all tracks from GT4 but kept checking to see if Opera had been confirmed so this is a big disappointment for me. On the plus side, the image of the short Cape ring config from the image above (3rd one) resembles my local track of Summit Point in WV. :)

DISREGARD THIS POST. IT TOOK ME ABOUT AN HOUR BUT I JUST READ THROUGH THE FIRST POST AGAIN. SORRY XD.
DISREGARD THIS POST. IT TOOK ME ABOUT AN HOUR BUT I JUST READ THROUGH THE FIRST POST AGAIN. SORRY XD.

Tracks confirmed by video (RybakDany on Youtube).
Green - Tracks confirmed by video evidence.
Red - Tracks confirmed by PD by website publishing.

Original
High Speed Ring
High Speed Ring - Rain
High Speed Ring - Reverse

---
Trial Mountain Circuit
Trial Mountain Circuit - Reverse

---
Deep Forest Raceway
Deep Forest Raceway - Reverse

---
Grand Valley Speedway
Grand Valley Speedway - Reverse
Grand Valley East
Grand Valley East - Reverse

---
Eiger Nordwand Short Track
Eiger Nordwand Short Track - Rain
Eiger Nordwand Short Track - Reverse

---
Cape Ring
Cape Ring North
Cape Ring South
Cape Ring Inside
Cape Ring Periphery

---
Autumn Ring
Autumn Ring - Reverse
Autumn Ring Mini
Autumn Ring Mini - Reverse

---

World Tracks
SuperSpeedway - Indy
Road Course - Indy

---
SuperSpeedway - Daytona
Road Course - Daytona

---
Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Rain
Autodromo Nazionale Monza - No chicane

---
Tsukuba Circuit
---
Laguna Seca Raceway
---
Circuit De la Sarthe 2009
Circuit De la Sarthe 2009 / Change Time
Circuit De la Sarthe 2009 No chicanes
Circuit De la Sarthe 2005
Circuit De la Sarthe 2005 No chicane

---
Nurburgring GP/F
Nurburgring GP/D

Nürburgring Nordschleife (Time)
Nürburgring 24h (Time / Weather)
Nürburgring typeV

---
Fuji Speedway F
Fuji Speedway GT

---
Suzuka Circuit
Suzuka Circuit - Rain
Suzuka Circuit East course

---
Top Gear test track

City
Rome
Rome - Reverse

---
Special stage route 7 / Night
Special stage route 7 / Night / Rain

---
Circuito de madrid
Circuito de madrid reverse
Circuito de madrid mini
Circuito de madrid mini reverse

---
Tokyo R246
Tokyo R246 Reverse

---
Special stage route 5 / Night
Special stage route 5 / Night / reverse
Clubman stage route 5 / Night
Clubman stage route 5 / Night / reverse

---
Cote D'Azur
---
London
London - Reverse

---

Snow & Dirt
Toscana / change time
Toscana Reverse - change time

---
Chamonix main
Chamonix main Snow
Chamonix East
Chamonix East Snow
Chamonix West
Chamonix West Snow
Chamonix Mini
Chamonix Mini Snow

---
Eiger Nordwand K Trail
Eiger Nordwand G Trail
Eiger Nordwand W Trail
Eiger Nordwand K Trail Reverse
Eiger Nordwand G Trail Reverse
Eiger Nordwand W Trail Reverse

---
Confirmed in practice mode videos:
Locations: 25
Variations: 77

Confirmed by both PD & Videos:
Locations: 26
Variations: 81

OK finished. Am I correct? I think I am.

That is my working out.

As someone mentioned above , are we going to see Hockenheim ?
Lets hope Silverstone and Spa are DLC or atleast in GT6. But thats for later.
I can remember some press saying they played GT5 on the Hockenheim track or something ?

Did anybody see this and instantly think of Forza? It really doesn't do anythig for me ... the southern configuration is the only one that is remotely interesting.
I don't know about Forza, but I have to agree with the disappointment... they just look like a bunch of random corners thrown together, without any of the flow or creativity of other GT tracks.

As someone mentioned above , are we going to see Hockenheim ?
Lets hope Silverstone and Spa are DLC or atleast in GT6. But thats for later.
I can remember some press saying they played GT5 on the Hockenheim track or something ?

Just a random thought on this matter... if PD have been unable in 5-6 years of development time to put those tracks in the game, how would a few additional months of time be enough to add them with DLC? If they do come out in that timeframe, and if they will cost any amount of money, to me they will smell of "held back content".

haha you guys mention SPA so much I'm now getting advertisements for Spa's in the local area. (Like massage's etc.)

Thanks 👍

Seen the video?

Elevation changes, cambers, etc. -- I'm looking forward to it, based on what I've seen so far

Just a random thought on this matter... if PD have been unable in 5-6 years of development time to put those tracks in the game, how would a few additional months of time be enough to add them with DLC? If they do come out in that timeframe, and if they will cost any amount of money, to me they will smell of "held back content".

The base for GT on PS3 is done. I think that they are already working on the GT6 tracks and maybe getting ready to put some tracks as DLC in GT5.

Anyone remember this one :

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27077701

Found the video :

Does anyone now if there is any track like this one already confirmed ?
Let's hope something Stelvio based course is in. :)

Last edited:
The base for GT on PS3 is done. I think that they are already working on the GT6 tracks and maybe getting ready to put some tracks as DLC in GT5.

Anyone remember this one :

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27077701

I forgot about this! but i do feel there maybe some form of holding back on their behalf, for amount of development time it does seem as if they would have more tracks...having said that it also kind of make sense to make something out of DLC due to the costs of the delays etc, i dunno, just a thought.

Does anyone now if there is any track like this one already confirmed ?
Let's hope something Stelvio based course is in. :)

It was meant to be a track running below the face of the Eiger. Basically every time you see blue sky in the trailer that's where the Eiger belongs. Looks like it was never finished for the game. :grumpy:

I wonder which course will now replace the Test Course (a track to reach top speed) since it's not in.

There is one trophy achievement "111 meters a second-Achieve a speed of 400 km/h - 248.5 mph"

The only courses that would have enough straightaway for top speed would be Circuit de la Sarthe No Chicane & Nürburgring.

I wonder which course will now replace the Test Course (a track to reach top speed) since it's not in.

There is one trophy achievement "111 meters a second-Achieve a speed of 400 km/h - 248.5 mph"

The only courses that would have enough straightaway for top speed would be Circuit de la Sarthe No Chicane & Nürburgring.

Route 7, it's 14+ miles long with twin 2+ mile straights. Also the (underwater?) tunnel will probably start with a big downhill section. It looks like it says the elevation is 700+ feet but that can't be right?!

Less than 1000 laps and you'll get the Beyond the Autobahn trophy!

Last edited:
Please play the game first.
Are you going to post that for everyone who doesn't like the circuit list?

I've seen the gameplay videos of Cape Ring, and that's enough for me. It's boring. It doesn't have anything to define it the way circuits like Grand Valley and Deep Forest do. The only reason why the southern circuit looks interesting is because it has actual corners. It reminds me of a Forza circuit because you've got five layouts in one hit. The circuit has clearly been designed with all five in mind. I'm not against circuits with multiple configurations, mind you. I like what Polyphony have done with Chamonix and the Eiger Trails. But those circuits have unique roads, roads tht you'll only drive when you play that particular circuit. The long version of Cape Ring in particular doesn't have that. You use all the roads from all the circuits, and it just feels like something Turn 10 would have done in Forza.

Back