GT5 Master Track List (NOT a wishlist)

• Thread starter CyborgGT
  • 5,199 comments
Route 7, it's 14+ miles long with twin 2+ mile straights. Also the (underwater?) tunnel will probably start with a big downhill section. It looks like it says the elevation is 700+ feet but that can't be right?!
Maybe that's 1XX+ feet, which would be a bit more than 30 meters and make more sense.

Maybe that's 1XX+ feet, which would be a bit more than 30 meters and make more sense.

It does look like a 7 though, if you compare it to the '1' in 14 miles.

From a bridge to an underwater tunnel it's possible, but more exaggerated than the real life versions (yeah I checked).

Might still be a 1, terrible video quality.

Isn't it the extended version of Eiger Nordwand?

Even that is not on the revealed list (if it even exists).

Are you going to post that for everyone who doesn't like the circuit list?

I've seen the gameplay videos of Cape Ring, and that's enough for me. It's boring. It doesn't have anything to define it the way circuits like Grand Valley and Deep Forest do. The only reason why the southern circuit looks interesting is because it has actual corners. It reminds me of a Forza circuit because you've got five layouts in one hit. The circuit has clearly been designed with all five in mind. I'm not against circuits with multiple configurations, mind you. I like what Polyphony have done with Chamonix and the Eiger Trails. But those circuits have unique roads, roads tht you'll only drive when you play that particular circuit. The long version of Cape Ring in particular doesn't have that. You use all the roads from all the circuits, and it just feels like something Turn 10 would have done in Forza.

I think Cape Ring is supposed to reflect some sort of testing environment where flow is not the key factor. But if you don't like it, fine with me.

Wait wait...What the hell happend to Piazza Del Campo? Did PD/Sony have another falling out with the city or something? Why else would they model a track in painstaking detail and then just toss it? Me=confused.

Alright, i´ve settle down on my initial disappointment and i will enjoy this game. However, i do like to talk about it, specially with some other die-hard fans that i´m sure followed this whole GT5 development process. I don´t think it´s unfair to PD to discuss the issue.

I´m sure Akira and hardvibes will remember most of the things i will post here.

I don´t get the track list because we had so many indications of the final number being different.

It´s unreasonable to want all Nascar tracks in.

It´s also hard to expect that all tracks from the weather map to show, altough, their decision to put that in Prologue was a major tease.

But it´s not unreasonable to expect the things that they´ve worked on to be in the final game.

Let´s go back to 2006, during E3. They´ve shown GT HD classic, with upscaled cars and tracks from GT4. Later on they changed their plans, but the upscaled cars from GT4 are the same ones used in GT5 with the standard models.

I bring this up because they worked on those assets and showed them in 1080p. People played El Capitan and Grand Canyon in HD, in 2006.

Now they´re gone? In the garbage?

Then Kaz mentions the upcoming game having content from previous games.
Then Prologue lists all those tracks in the credits
Then a PD employee is caught going through his computer and browsing files from GT tracks, showing a bunch of tracks that could make a return.
Then GT PSP appears, is supposed to have less content than GT5, but throws in a lot of tracks that would naturally make their way into GT5
Then Jeff Rubenstein from Sony says the game will actually have 40 tracks with 100 configurations.

This year during the Le Mans demo, the track is listed as premium, leading us to believe that there are standard tracks.

In august of 2009, during gamescon, they give us the 20 tracks 60 variation figure for the first time. Since this turned out to be true, how can they spend one and a half year without adding a single track?

Unlike with GT1, GT2, GT3 and GT4, there isn´t any issue with disk space.

And let´s talk about the real tracks:

Jordan gets a word that the GT Academy could be on Indy or Spa.
Spa stickers are seen on PD´s travel bags, meaning they did visited the circuit during work. All the other tracks they visited are in the game.

So, they went there, took photos and all... but decided to not put in the final game? Maybe it´s still not finished? Not likely.

In 2006, they went out and licensed Circuit de Valencia. Was used on TT and GT PSP. Would they put all the effort to model a real track, spend a lot of man hours just to use it in two side projects? Doesn´t make sense, right?

--------------

What i wonder is... those tracks were all worked on by PD. We´re not questioning tracks they never modelles like Bathurst, but these exmaples i gave... it´s just hard to understand.

GT HD Classic had all the old time favorites in 1080p, i refuse to believe they threw that in the trash bin.

The only logical explanation for this, if no more tracks show up, is that Sony made them hold back content to sell it as DLC.

That´s the only thing that makes sense, because, why would they waste their times if those tracks wouldb´t be used in the future?

What do my fellow GTP´s think about all this?

The only logical explanation for this, if no more tracks show up, is that Sony made them hold back content to sell it as DLC.

That´s the only thing that makes sense, because, why would they waste their times if those tracks wouldb´t be used in the future?

I think if they offered tracks like: Spa, Silverstone, Hockenheim or Road Atlanta (including weather effects), as DLC, I'd gladly fork over EUR 10~15 EACH.

Actually, this might make an interesting poll.

Alright, i´ve settle down on my initial disappointment and i will enjoy this game. However, i do like to talk about it, specially with some other die-hard fans that i´m sure followed this whole GT5 development process. I don´t think it´s unfair to PD to discuss the issue.

I´m sure Akira and hardvibes will remember most of the things i will post here.

I don´t get the track list because we had so many indications of the final number being different.

It´s unreasonable to want all Nascar tracks in.

It´s also hard to expect that all tracks from the weather map to show, altough, their decision to put that in Prologue was a major tease.

But it´s not unreasonable to expect the things that they´ve worked on to be in the final game.

Let´s go back to 2006, during E3. They´ve shown GT HD classic, with upscaled cars and tracks from GT4. Later on they changed their plans, but the upscaled cars from GT4 are the same ones used in GT5 with the standard models.

I bring this up because they worked on those assets and showed them in 1080p. People played El Capitan and Grand Canyon in HD, in 2006.

Now they´re gone? In the garbage?

Then Kaz mentions the upcoming game having content from previous games.
Then Prologue lists all those tracks in the credits
Then a PD employee is caught going through his computer and browsing files from GT tracks, showing a bunch of tracks that could make a return.
Then GT PSP appears, is supposed to have less content than GT5, but throws in a lot of tracks that would naturally make their way into GT5
Then Jeff Rubenstein from Sony says the game will actually have 40 tracks with 100 configurations.

This year during the Le Mans demo, the track is listed as premium, leading us to believe that there are standard tracks.

In august of 2009, during gamescon, they give us the 20 tracks 60 variation figure for the first time. Since this turned out to be true, how can they spend one and a half year without adding a single track?

Unlike with GT1, GT2, GT3 and GT4, there isn´t any issue with disk space.

And let´s talk about the real tracks:

Jordan gets a word that the GT Academy could be on Indy or Spa.
Spa stickers are seen on PD´s travel bags, meaning they did visited the circuit during work. All the other tracks they visited are in the game.

So, they went there, took photos and all... but decided to not put in the final game? Maybe it´s still not finished? Not likely.

In 2006, they went out and licensed Circuit de Valencia. Was used on TT and GT PSP. Would they put all the effort to model a real track, spend a lot of man hours just to use it in two side projects? Doesn´t make sense, right?

--------------

What i wonder is... those tracks were all worked on by PD. We´re not questioning tracks they never modelles like Bathurst, but these exmaples i gave... it´s just hard to understand.

GT HD Classic had all the old time favorites in 1080p, i refuse to believe they threw that in the trash bin.

They were smart to make it DLC if they did because i'd pay for it :guilty:

@fasj6418

That is what is baffling me. And as I think about it more, the less that "official" list makes sense.

Also, Kaz supposedly was asked at Gamescom how many unique courses would be in the game. To which he replied "more than 70".
https://www.gtplanet.net/gamescom-gran-turismo-5-breakout-session-full-details/

Esquire's recent interview states "The game offers over 1,000 cars, some 70 tracks, the ability to take on 15 other players simultaneously online and - in keeping with the times - full 3D gameplay."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/8113479/Gran-Turismo-5-developer-interview.html

Plus, do you really think that PD would tell us every track that is in the game? That is not their style. Plus, they wouldn't drop certain "classic" tracks from the game. I just don't see it.

Yet, they went around the world to look at and photograph tracks and they chose Monza? I mean, it is a great track, but it seems weird they would choose that one.

On the flip side...

I could find 50 sources where PD/Sony were telling us the game would have 20 courses with 70 variations. We all (well most including me) refused to believe it.

And here we are with "over 70 variations in 20 different locations".

So, this could be, and probably is the true track list.

Piazza del Campo got axed until they could fix the flag issue probably.

They were smart to make it DLC if they did because i'd pay for it :guilty:

I've said it before but I think DLC tracks would be a weird thing in GT5 as the original layout og GT Life would most likely not be affected by the additions. It would make the game feel uneven.

I think if they offered tracks like: Spa, Silverstone, Hockenheim or Road Atlanta (including weather effects), as DLC, I'd gladly fork over EUR 10~15 EACH.

Actually, this might make an interesting poll.

Dude, no way would I pay that much per track. They wouldn't even be implemented into GT Mode. 10 dollars for 3 tracks... maybe.

Then again, I'm not a DLC person...

Surely this has been mentioned before (just too lazy to read the previous pages): Laguna Seca was featured on GameStop's Turismo Tuesdays.

Highly likely to be a DLC in the future. Ugh, Sony.

Surely this has been mentioned before (just too lazy to read the previous pages): Laguna Seca was featured on GameStop's Turismo Tuesdays.

Highly likely to be a DLC in the future. Ugh, Sony.

Laguna Seca is in, re-built from scratch.

Infineon is the amercan track that didn´t made the cut.

5170933426_3b75876fff_b.jpg

Ummm...

Look at the the wording on the "Grand Tour" Special Event.

"Go on tour and take part in a series of events stretching from Bern all the way down the Ital..."

_______

As I was typing this up and getting excited, I realized that is probably Photomode in Bern. Ya know, "a series of events".

Arrrggghhhhh Disappointed Again :lol:

Yes. I believe this has been discussed before and I'm certainly not sure what it is. It seems like some point-to-point race or set of races. It just seems worded like "race from here to there." I doubt you have to get to a certain level to take a picture of your car.

Yes. I believe this has been discussed before and I'm certainly not sure what it is. It seems like some point-to-point race or set of races. It just seems worded like "race from here to there." I doubt you have to get to a certain level to take a picture of your car.

Well, if Grand Tour is all races, then we should see a Bern track in the game. But I don't think that is the case. I think "series of events" probably refers to photomode too. Of course I am hoping differently. Because if they are all races in the "Grand Tour", then Bern is confirmed as a track and we have solid evidence that our "official track list" isn't complete.

Maybe KAZ is going to do like NFS and release two games a year. Next year March 2011 GT6 with 20 more tracks; Nov 2011 GT7 with 20 more tracks.:dopey:

:sly:So until 2 more weeks just speculation i believe,heck i dont think this is the complete list of tracks might be missing some unclockables.
I would be interested in a ss route 11 gt1 version as dlc:tup: in addition to old rally tracks such as smokey mountain and green forest also hoping for the el capitan rally tracks..,,💡

Last edited:
Since joining GTPlanet in 2003, I've found that many people have their hopes up very high... then get very disappointed quickly. It just seems like a broken record. It's like we get easily hopeful, then QUICKLY (almost Veyron quick) get disappointed when we hear just one sort of potentially bad news. I am hopeful myself to see more courses mentioned. It's hard to really disappoint me with Gran Turismo. I don't think GT5 is going to be any sort of colossal fail. This isn't going to be GT2, which had its fair share of disappointments (though I do still play GT2).

There are probably going to be many more tracks that we'll finally figure out between now and the American release. And if we look back and I'm wrong about the track notion deal, then don't go crying bloody murder against me. I just think this is NOT the full track list. We'll learn everything we'll need to know in the future.

I sure am going to miss the Grand Canyon rally track from GT4. I was sure that would make a comeback.

A bit miffed as to why we lost Infineon and El Capitan as well...

;)

I sure am going to miss the Grand Canyon rally track from GT4. I was sure that would make a comeback.

;)

I am truly baffled by the lack of Infineon. It is a beautiful track with some Spa-like features, lovely elevation changes, and one variation is an actual NASCAR road course.

I really feel this to be some sort of joke and am expecting a Kaz-in-the-box pop-up with a "Gotcha!" caption, when I open my copy.

;)

That's how I'm feeling, I mean GT5 will be an astounding game, unlike what challenges it, because it's content is massive. But how could SONY (I believe it's THIER fault) leave out some of GT's most storied and awesome tracks? The whole marketing for too large of an audience didn't really work out well, I think.

And my opinion on DLC tracks, that would be useless, there'd be no way to implement them into the game.

I would be interested in a ss route 11 gt1 version as dlc:tup: in addition to old rally tracks such as smokey mountain and green forest also hoping for the el capitan rally tracks..,,💡

I've only played GT series starting GT3, what's special about the GT 1 version of SSR11?

It just seems like there are alot of tracks (Stelvio, Siena, Spa, Bern, Texas, etc) that have been hinted at too heavily to not be in. I think PD just might have a few more tricks up there sleeves.

Think about, where is J. Rubenstein getting the 40 track figure from?
Wheres Piazza Del Campo?
What is with the FT-86 video track?
Why are Spa stickers plastered on PD walls?
Why was Bern in the E3 09 video with a full field of SuperGT cars?
Wheres Waldo?!?! (lol)

It just doesn't add up. I think we simply have to just wait til 11/24 to find out.

Back