GT5 Master Track List (NOT a wishlist)

• Thread starter CyborgGT
  • 5,199 comments
I've made a subset of the previously posted list containing only confirmed/observed tracks:

tracks9.png

Notes: Special Stage Route 11 might not turn out to be "Route 11", but a new track with a different name. It appears to be different than Special Stage Route 5 that's been confirmed some time ago. Some of its features remind SSR11 from past games.
Same for "Route B". That's the highway-like night track with Special Stage scenery seen on the weather effects video.
There's the possibility that all "Special Stage" tracks might turn out to be all variations of the same common circuit/location (With Shuto Expressway-like scenery) in different places, by the way, so they might actually count as one track/location with several variations.

Last edited:
I don't remember it having any country attached to it, not in GT4, not in GT PSP.

But...

Google teaches me there was an event in GT4 called "Whistler Ice Race" which took place on the track.

So that settles that. Carry on. :)

Look at this thread: The people love to riddle about new track, cars and features. If we would already know everything, our interest could shift to other games or complete different topics. This way we're bound to it and think about it every day.

Also has PD nothing to fear - there is no other driving simulator on the way till end of 2010, so why reveal everything when there's no reason to buy... say, a 360 to play another great simulator.

For racing fans GT5 will be a big hitter and it will shift lots of PS3s. And in my opinion it's better to have some aces left for reviews & co than sharing everything before release.

And, as you said, arvin: KY is the biggest teaser of the world - after the MGS guy, perhaps... :)

I personally have never had any expectations of track & cars list, thats the way PD operates. These comments are directed in how PD seems to be a bit erratic at the moment, demo's showing up in North America unannounced at Best Buy's stores, a trailer created for Red Bull without any apparent event tied to it, then pulled, TGS, the last major event touches only one feature of the game, but leaves a lot of others in the dark. A demo made for the specially for the Honda CR-Z event, which was at a public showing, why then try to hide images other tracks on the demo?. why where those track on the demo?.

As far as tracks go, if it's any thing like GT4, even when you have the game in your hands, not all track will be available until you complete certain events. :)

Just an observation combined with an assumption, but assuming this Cape Ring South is in the 1.5 to 2 miles range, and based on the number and degree of turns it has, the full circuit must be MASSIVE. Like de la Sarthe size.

After doing some investigating / photoshop image enhancing, I've come to the conclusion that "Springtime Germany" and "Cape Ring South" are not based on the same scenery. Nor is "Springtime Germany" based on Nurburgring scenery like some (including myself) thought it might. If anything, Cape Ring South looks the most like the 'Ring, yet we know this is an original GT5 course.

Look at the images for yourself.

nqv2pw.jpg

14bq5b7.jpg

Springtime Germany looks to be a very distinct country road, with striped lines down the middle and a narrow shoulder on each side of the road. I imagine dainty little German cottages and farms make up some of the scenery. Cape Ring appears to be designed as a racetrack at heart. The road is wider, the trees sit further back and you can clearly see a barrier to the right of the road.

GeminiP posted this on the front page about an italian track "asca la or ascia la or asria, I don’t.. something like that"

there is ADRIA circuit in Italy that sound near "asria"etc.. but i don't think it's that

Adria_Circuit.png

He said he believe the circuit was in Italy or Spain.

In southwestern Spain, Ascari has a private resort with a circuit built to recreate famous curves around the world.

The Ascari Race Resort has been featured on several episodes of Top Gear and circuit seems very interesting and pretty good looking.

http://www.ascari.net/

Look at this thread: The people love to riddle about new track, cars and features. If we would already know everything, our interest could shift to other games or complete different topics. This way we're bound to it and think about it every day.

Also has PD nothing to fear - there is no other driving simulator on the way till end of 2010, so why reveal everything when there's no reason to buy... say, a 360 to play another great simulator.

You know, if PD had released a bunch of track lists without pictures or track layouts, wouldn't you be just as intrigued at names we haven't seen before? Like Cape Ring for example.

The actual tracks would still be a surprise wouldn't it?

Hmmmm... I see where you're going with that and I think it would work, but just not as well. In my opinion of course.

I think one of the biggest things that bothered me about GT4[and probably GT3] was that night races were limited to the street circuits. However, in GT5 we'll have night racing on more courses[not just streets, but also Le Mans and Toscana as of right now]. And I'm really hoping that we get some more info, screens, and videos involving more tracks with night races before the game is released on time.

Cape Ring looks like a generated track TBH.

Isn't there a rule about using text speech? If you can't take the two seconds to spell out "To be honest" then you should go back to school.

And in regard to the Ascari course...I kinda hope it's in, 'cause that at least would open the door for the Ascari cars to make it into GT5.

Isn't there a rule about using text speech? If you can't take the two seconds to spell out "To be honest" then you should go back to school.
I thought "TBH" was an accepted acronym around the interwebs - if anything, isn't there a rule against armchair moderation? :P

I never use text speak but 'tbh' and 'imo' are the two shortened ones I would use as they look much better and get the point across a lot better, whereas saying 'in my opinion' looks annoying and condescending/pointing out the obvious when compared to imo...

Back to topic, Gentlemen!

I think you're right with the Autumn Ring on the right side of Cape Ring - the shape looks a lot like it.
"Cape Ring" doesn't sound like anything german (and I'm from and right here IN Germany). For me "cape" sounds more like Africa or Australia...
Something like Bathurst Race Track perhaps..? What do you think?

Last edited:
You are definitely right about the way the word "cape" sounds. We use it here in the States to talk about areas that are surrounded by the sea. Sort of like a small peninsula.

But, man that scenery looked like the German Springtime to me. But it could be a track in the pacific northwestern U.S.?

Back to topic, Gentlemen!

I think you're right with the Autumn Ring on the right side of Cape Ring - the shape looks a lot like it.
"Cape Ring" doesn't sound like anything german (and I'm from and right here IN Germany). For me "cape" sounds more like Africa or Australia...
Something like Bathurst Race Track perhaps..? What do you think?

"Cape" like "Capetown"? Yeah, could be.
Anyway, I cannot wait to see it and Autumn Ring will be awesome for sure, GT4 had some leafs alongside the track, imagine this in GT5. :)

He said he believe the circuit was in Italy or Spain.

In southwestern Spain, Ascari has a private resort with a circuit built to recreate famous curves around the world.

The Ascari Race Resort has been featured on several episodes of Top Gear and circuit seems very interesting and pretty good looking.

http://www.ascari.net/

Do you think he could have meant Ricardo Tormo Valencia Circuit? It's in Spain and in GTPSP and TT. Not well known if he only played GT 1-4
EDIT: Just saw his post in the news section...nevermind

Last edited:
Can't you just go back there if it isn't too far away and make a video of it? Would be very interesting.

I made it back to Best Buy tonight and here is the video I was talking about. It was playing on a few of the Sony TV's at Best Buy. You'll get a brief glimpse of Grand Canyon at the 0:07 mark as well as what might be Ice Arena / Chamonix directly following (I never played those tracks much in GT4 so I can't say for sure)

]

There's always the possibility that some of that video was pulled from the older Gran Turismo Vision / HD concept videos, but so far I haven't been able to find these exact shots anywhere else. It also would be odd for Sony to be using older graphics to promote their newest 'cutting edge' TV's.

Yep, that sure was Grand Canyon and I think Chamonix since it was pavement/ice.

It also shows Apricot Hill! 👍

Pause your video at 3 seconds. And pause this video at 39 seconds. PD is on a roll. :)

Back