Wheelstandpro or Fanatec wheel stand??

• Thread starter Raybrig100
  • 250 comments
Atlast, stand delivered on the 28th!!! Only took about 10-15 minutes to assemble! Not really had a proper run with it yet,, but it feels rock soild!

Yeah, but are you still going to be able to do the ironing while you're racing? :)

Yeah, its handy for keeping in my better halfs good books,
race/iron/race/iron.......

Ok, first off its VERY stable, no side ways movement at all. Its going to take a few nites to work out my best postion, might need to fork out for the bracket for the pedals, we`ll see. Cable tidys also on the list!

Im not even close to being what could be classed as fast driver( ive a few top 100 TT times), just really bought the wheel and stand to add to the fun.

Im using the wheel with all aids off, abs @ 1, force feedback @ 5. It might just be me but im sure there is a bit of feedback thro the stand, which is nice. So far, even with the long deliery delay, im ery happy!

Ive had laptop issuses( i broke it) so its taken me a wee bit of time to get around to posting pics.

As you can see i ended up with the Fanatec stand, im happy with it, just not sure if i need the pedal attatchment, we`ll see!!

Any body got a question @ the stand ask away!!

heres the pics......i know ive still to tidy the cables too

stand1.jpg
stand2.jpg

For Canadian customers:

I have ordered and received my wheel stand pro today but the broker fee surprised me a bit. I ordered it from the US website which other people said will have a faster delivery (which I think is not). UPS ground has collected $81.75 for broker fee and PST and GST.

Now the stand is closed to $300 CAD which you may want to make your own judgement does it worth it.

Anyway, will connect mine tonight and hopefully I will not be disappointed since I have high expectation on this stand after reading all other comments.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Ive had laptop issuses( i broke it) so its taken me a wee bit of time to get around to posting pics.

As you can see i ended up with the Fanatec stand, im happy with it, just not sure if i need the pedal attatchment, we`ll see!!

Any body got a question @ the stand ask away!!

I heard you can't adjust the angle of the RennSport stand more than 90 degrees. Have you wanted to go beyond that?

@Raybrig: I am getting the exact same setup with the DFGT and the Rennsport. Is there a way to prevent the pedals from sliding? I dont wanna pay extra for the pedal holder cuz im upgrading to a Fanatec Turbo soon. I was thinkin maybe Velcro or something. Any suggestions?

For Canadian customers:

I have ordered and received my wheel stand pro today but the broker fee surprised me a bit. I ordered it from the US website which other people said will have a faster delivery (which I think is not). UPS ground has collected $81.75 for broker fee and PST and GST.

Now the stand is closed to $300 CAD which you may want to make your own judgement does it worth it.

Anyway, will connect mine tonight and hopefully I will not be disappointed since I have high expectation on this stand after reading all other comments.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

For any Canadians I highly recommend using the United States Postal Service (USPS) for shipments to Canada. UPS and FedEX are horrible for charging outrageous brokerage fees.

I once had a shipment by UPS where the brokerage fee was 12x the value of the product I ordered. Needless to say I refused and sent it back.

I've never tried rotating my Rennsport more than 90 degrees. Basically I can't think of a situation with a normal chair or sofa where you'd want that. Generally it's the pedals which need moving closer to the chair, not the wheel itself over the top of the chair, at least in my experience.

My DFGT pedals were gradually sliding to the back rubber stops, so I eventually found a very simple solution: A simple non-slip mat under the pedals. It may not look that good, but the pedals stay put exactly where they are now, and nothing is stuck down permanently so I can move the pedals for different users.

After reading all sorts of reviews and comments I ordered the Wheelstandpro from the european site today for $200 Canadian. I have a G27 and ordered the G27 stand. Will post how long it took to arrive and some feedback on how I find it when I get it. Looking forward now to a stable racing platform.

Congrats. I have the Fanatec Rennsport Wheel Stand. The Wheelstand Pro seems very similar. I can't imagine a better, stowable option for couch racing than these products.

I heard you can't adjust the angle of the RennSport stand more than 90 degrees. Have you wanted to go beyond that?

Sorry ive taken a bit of time to answer. Nope to be honest, even if i could i prob wouldnt,im using the folding chair, my tv is in a corner of the room so i cant sit on the couch. Dont think the fanatec would be able to be used with a playseat, but im not sure.

@Raybrig: I am getting the exact same setup with the DFGT and the Rennsport. Is there a way to prevent the pedals from sliding? I dont wanna pay extra for the pedal holder cuz im upgrading to a Fanatec Turbo soon. I was thinkin maybe Velcro or something. Any suggestions?

Velcro might work, or non slip matting. ive got the pedals all the way to the end of the stand, but think i might get the pedal holder or some other method. Wonder if cable tyes might work too.

I sort of like the streched out way im sitting at the moment, but than might change during long GT5 sesions.

Just had a look for the pedal stopper.....see below for details of next shipping.

Clicky

Last edited:
The pedal stopper is only $15 and works well. I've heard good things about non-slip rubber pads, either the kind you use to line cabinets, or as rug/carpet padding.

Just had a look for the pedal stopper.....see below for details of next shipping.

Clicky

go it, and set-up. Ordered the upgrade plate to use the Logitech wheel, too.

807694290_qBkAW-M.jpg

I have since tidied up the wires and such. Quality stand for not much cash... can't wait until the plate comes in so I can use the Logitech with the ps3.

go it, and set-up. Ordered the upgrade plate to use the Logitech wheel, too.

807694290_qBkAW-M.jpg

I have since tidied up the wires and such. Quality stand for not much cash... can't wait until the plate comes in so I can use the Logitech with the ps3.

I bought it with the Xbox and Logitech attachments too. What I like is, that the extra attachment for the Logitech is the plate that the wheel fixes to, and the tube that comes out the bottom. This is great because when you come to switch between wheels, you just 'quick release' the one tube, then slide the other one in place instead of having to mess around unbolting things.👍

I currently have a driving force pro, but will upgrade to a g25/27 sooner or later. Anyone know if the DFP has the same mounting bolts as the g25/27 when it comes to the wheel stand pro? Is the wsp wheel mount the same for both wheels, with the only difference being the shifter mount addition for the g25/27? I dont want to buy the g25 wsp and find out it doesnt mount as solid for my dfp. Thanks.

I currently have a driving force pro, but will upgrade to a g25/27 sooner or later. Anyone know if the DFP has the same mounting bolts as the g25/27 when it comes to the wheel stand pro? Is the wsp wheel mount the same for both wheels, with the only difference being the shifter mount addition for the g25/27? I dont want to buy the g25 wsp and find out it doesnt mount as solid for my dfp. Thanks.

The mounting plate for the DFP is different from the one for the G25/27. the later is bigger (deeper) in order to allow you to both fix the wheel with the G25/27's clamps and bolt it with 2 screws for more stability.

I have been on the look out for a WSP for a while now, but the price and delivery time are putting me off. Does anybody know where i can find a second hand one? I keep an eye out on ebay but have lost the auctions so far.

I have been on the look out for a WSP for a while now, but the price and delivery time are putting me off. Does anybody know where i can find a second hand one? I keep an eye out on ebay but have lost the auctions so far.

Delivery time for me from Poland to the UK was only about 4 day. If you bought one off Ebay, it'd take at least as long.

Delivery time for me from Poland to the UK was only about 4 day. If you bought one off Ebay, it'd take at least as long.

I have decided to bite the bullet and have ordered myself a Wheel Stand Pro direct from the site, hopefully will arrive start of next week in time for the easter beark! Cant wait to try out some racing with a bit more stability, lol

WSP sells 3 versions - one listed for the DFP/DFGT, a "regular" one for the G25/27, and the "deluxe" model for the G25/27.

The DFP/DFGT model supposedly doesn't work with the G25/27, but I have this version and strongly suspect it is the same as the "regular" G25/27 version, just without the shifter plate. The mount for the steering wheel has pre-drilled holes in it. Don't know about the DFP, but the DFGT doesn't have hard mounts - just the clamps.

From a cost of production standpoint it would make sense to just use the same mount plate in the two versions - since the rest of the stand is the same (other than the shifter plate, of course).

The deluxe version is bigger overall (the stand is wider - plus I think the mounting plate is bigger).

Friday I get my Fanatec Turbo S wheel, so we will find out how well it plays with the "base" model Wheelstand pro...

Well my WSP turned up yesterday and i can honestly say it is brilliant, soo much more stable than i was expecting and you can adjust it to suit most sitting positions. I am personally using it with a rocker gaming chair and it is very stable. It goes together in a few mins and the instructions are very easy to follow!
To anyone thinking of purchasing one of these they are well worth it and i would highly recommend it to everyone with a steering wheel.

Im in a similar situation as stnwag0n. I have a MOMO which should use the DFP version of the WSP. But i want to upgrade to G25/27 later when GT5 comes out but id like to buy a stand now.

Has anyone with a G25 version of the stand tried mounting a DF wheel on it? Since DF only mounts by clamps, are they in the same position as on the G25?

Im in a similar situation as stnwag0n. I have a MOMO which should use the DFP version of the WSP. But i want to upgrade to G25/27 later when GT5 comes out but id like to buy a stand now.

Has anyone with a G25 version of the stand tried mounting a DF wheel on it? Since DF only mounts by clamps, are they in the same position as on the G25?

It will work fine - the only issue you will have is the G25/27 version won't include the clamping strips to secure the DFGT pedals to the base. The G25/27 pedals fasten in a different manner. No idea how your MOMO pedals will fasten.

I ended up buying the WSP for the g25 because i found a g25 on craigslist for way cheap. Im sure you can mount the DFP/momo wheel fine with the clamps, but the pedals would need a custom clamp or huge zipties to keep it in place. It may work temporarily since there are rubber sleeves there to assist keeping the pedal base from moving too much. Unfortunately I sold my DFP before the WSP came in so I'm not able to mess around and test fit it.

New here but I thought I would add my bit of help. You can actually buy wheel stand pros here in the U.S. off of ebay. [LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR] I plan to buy one as soon as I get paid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed that most of Wheelstandpro buyers are surprised how sturdy it is, but guys who tested both wheel stands say, that Fanatec's is even more stable. The only down side is that you need to buy an extra part to mount the shifter to it.

Back