GT Mobile videos - now with cockpit view

• Thread starter Dazzla
  • 260 comments
The cars you can see in the video are all from GT4 except the GT-R and the Enzo (which were also in the E3-presentation). Methinks that GT Mobile is practically a GT4-clone, which has been sitting on the shelves for a long time. It's even possible they already had the Enzo as a model back when GT4 came out (it says '02 in the menu), only no Ferrari-deal was done at that time. And since PD was working with Nissan on the MFD for the GT-R, they probably had that one also a long time ago. Makes sense...Kaz said himself that GT Mobile didn't really influence the development of GT5. The upside is definitely that all the work lately seems to have gone into GT5. I think there will hardly be any new car models in GT Mobile though (except for the ones we've already seen).

yes, i'm afraid of that too... no very recent cars (bmw M3 2008-9, 135i, Citroen C4 rally, Subaru WRC 2009, etc...), no updates of certains cars... a bit disapointing if it's true. :nervous:

(it says '02 in the menu)
Of course, thats the production year.

But yes, most cars are from GT4 or GTHD Classic (which was presented with 770 cars).
Take GT4, plus maybe the cars from Prologue +/- some others (like the Oreca R8) and you have the list.

Some thoughts from the last video with some screenshots captured:

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

- No real reflections, just specular (generic lighting, here a white light) applied on cars acting as reflective material (which acknowledge the fact that the ENZOvsGTR shots were indeed completely bullshots)
- Main car shows great numbers of polygons (never seen in a PSP racing game)
- Seems to have Gripshift -like Anti-aliasing x2 applied because of the very few visible jaggies but it's maybe because of the video capture.

You can clearly see it's not a GTP'er by these signs...

2. He quickly press Select to change to an unplayable view.

So you're saying I'm not a GTP'er because I drive in 3rd person mode?

Shame on you, not everybody wants to mimic being in a real car by using a steering wheel and cockpit. People play games the way they feel most comfortable. For me that using the D-pad and Buttons and not the Analog Sticks is how I drive.

I use 3rd person view in ALL the racing games, unless I really need the apex of a corner on some tracks and that's usually ONLY in Missions or Driving Test, not actual racing.

I use it once in a lifetime, when I have a car that's worth looking at. I will use it more often with GTM, I mean, that Enzo is just an angel!!!!!

Last edited:
You can see the car in every delicious details during the wonderful replays... IMHO, what is really missing in GT is a hood view (much better than the bumper cam to judge the trajectories) but you still have the Top view in GT4 if you have trouble with judging the corner entries. For me 3rd person view is just a shame if you really like to be immersed in a "simulator", this awful view shouldn't have any place in a serious car sim.

It's only there to satisfy everyone. If they only cared about making a "real" driving simulator, they would kiss it goodbye.

I like looking at my car as I drive. Replays? Hardly look at them, only if I made a great pass to take the lead on the last lap or something. Or if I started shotgun on the field...

Every "Sim" has this view and I have a steering wheel and still drive in that view in GT Legends...

I also think the 3rd person view in GT games is really good. Sometimes I consider it even more realistic as incar view because with the current technology incar views very ofter show not enough.

And I also just love to look at the car when driving on a straight.

I also get the error. Latest fw and everything legal. Come on Sony!!!! Get your act together!!!

is that really a new video you are talking about? or just the one with the zr1 on the nurburgring from some time ago ?

[YOUTUBEhd]KEUzLSeuY4A[/YOUTUBEhd]

I think this also confirms cockpit view for all GT4 cars in GT5 :)

Also notice the sparks from the car if you hit a (metal) barrier 👍

and it really does look very nice and crips! Looking forward to this one! 👍

I already was wondering were the info would be on GT Mobile. Of course GT5 is quite overshadowing the current GT Mobile version but I think this wil probably the most beautiful PSP game ever created. It looks almost or maybe beyond GT4 quality.

@Fruitcake, I was thinking the same about the cockpitview.

Nice to see they implemented dashboard view!
I'm still confused about the old cars appearing in gt psp though. I mean, an old audi rs4? I would rather see a new one! Maybe there is a new model in it and the old one is included as well, but so far it looks like they just copied the car list from gt4 (except the ferrari's, paganis, lambo and bugatti's of course)

<snap>

but so far it looks like they just copied the car list from gt4 (except the ferrari's, paganis, lambo and bugatti's of course)

GT Mobile = GT4 cars + 100 new ones from GT5P/Lambo/Bugatti.

Pagani was already in GT4 ;)

How did they put a cockpit view in GT PSP!?

Polyphony never ceases to amaze me. Well, except for the damage in GT5 issue. Then they definitely ceased to amaze me.

Back