Bugatti thread.

Don't know why there is so much hype about the Veyron, this thing is only good
for dragraces(and maybe Fuji or ovals). A Porche Turbo, F430 Scuderia, GTR are
quicker around the ring. I'm sure the the older EB110 will be faster on a track.
Don't gonna compain if we have it, but it won't be the first car i will buy...

I'm pretty sure it will be like GT4P was with GT4, which wasn't all that much. I don't remember exactly what it was because I didn't do it.

quicker around the ring. I'm sure the the older EB110 will be faster on a track.
Because you cant do 253 miles and hour in a production factory f430 scuderia,gtr or 911 turbo to begin with. Plus the fact that in the bugatti Veyron you can do 253 miles an hour and feel like your riding on a cloud in a plethora of hand crafted materials a vast sea of leather trimmings and various other luxury accommodations. Add that to the fact that this car was Built with supersonic road driving in mind and multimillion dollar estate like comfort to boot, and only then can the veyron really make since, it's a road car made to go like a hyper fast supercar.
but offer the same comfort as riding in a maybach. only way faster. that is what is so special about the veyron, sure you can get the following cars i mentioned to hit 253 miles an hour....But they might break down or fall apart, They were made to go fast, but not that fast.

Last edited:
I appreciate the veyron, but do think it's somewhat over-engineered, The callaway sledehammer corvette attained 254.76mph some 17 years ago, and that is a useable everyday car. It's barely any faster than a koenigesseg CCXR edition, which looks way better imo, and handles better. It is craps all over the likes of an Enzo or SLR at top speed though, makes them look slow.

We have only just covered this, we don't know how fast a Veyron is around the ring, but we do know it lapped Top Gears track faster than an Enzo. Please read the last couple of pages in this thread and all will be answered. We don't need to go over it again.

I appreciate the veyron, but do think it's somewhat over-engineered

Thats the point of the car! Ferdinand Piech specifically wanted this car to be the benchmark of automotive technology(as a whole), not just grab a big block, slap some turbos on it and hit 250+++ mph and brag about it afterwards.

The previous poster pretty much nailed it. The fact that the car can go as fast as 253 and feel like riding a maybach is a feat unto itself. Most supercars with their stripped out interiors and stiff suspension, hitting the limiter as I would imagine would be very uncomfortable and at times feel frightening.

The over engineering comment made me laugh, because isnt that why Supercars exist in the first place? Supercars are in a category all on their own in that there is no rules as to how you make one.

God forbid, some folks manage to squeeze 1300hp out of a 4cyl Honda Motor and all of a sudden a Veyron is no longer relevant since they got that much power without using 16 cylinders and 4 turbos. The debate rages on... :indiff:

The bugatti is the only car, that can reach 253mph, handles great, and is very luxurious. If you have one, then people know you have good taste in cars and have a lot of money. T-Pain wanted one, but thye were sold out, so he had to settle, yes SETTLE for a lambo.

I have no love for the Veyron, i think is kind of ugly always remind me to a beetle (the bug not the car).
Il like to see the Bugatti EB110, thats far more interesting to me, sadly its been avaible only in Enthusia (kind of, it was a Dauer)

I appreciate the veyron, but do think it's somewhat over-engineered, The callaway sledehammer corvette attained 254.76mph some 17 years ago, and that is a useable everyday car. It's barely any faster than a koenigesseg CCXR edition, which looks way better imo, and handles better. It is craps all over the likes of an Enzo or SLR at top speed though, makes them look slow.
I highly, highly, highly doubt that the Sledgehammer is anywhere near more of an everyday car than the Veyron.

As for the Enzo & SLR, the Enzo isn't built to be a top speed car, & the SLR is nothing more than a grand tourer.

^Both the Sledgehammer and the Veyron can be used everyday comfortably. It's up to the owner to decide if they want to use an overkill of a daily driver to work.

@ Jay

If we can transfer the cars and money from prologue this won't be an issue
(think i got over 20 f1 cars....)

Jay
I'm pretty sure it will be like GT4P was with GT4, which wasn't all that much. I don't remember exactly what it was because I didn't do it.

From memory it was 100,000. credits.

^Both the Sledgehammer and the Veyron can be used everyday comfortably. It's up to the owner to decide if they want to use an overkill of a daily driver to work.
Again, I highly doubt you can use a Sledgehammer everyday like a Veyron, esp. in comfort. The Veyron was designed to do it, the Sledgehammer wasn't. All the latter was designed to do was take a C4 Gen. Corvette to 240Mph.

The Sledgehammer came with all the creature comforts of a normal Vette, so it can too be used everyday like a Veyron.
When it comes to comfort at 240 plus speeds, or any speed for the matter, the Veyron is the winner. But the sledgehammer can offer the same qualities, albeit not as great.

The Sledgehammer came with all the creature comforts of a normal Vette, so it can too be used everyday like a Veyron.
When it comes to comfort at 240 plus speeds, or any speed for the matter, the Veyron is the winner. But the sledgehammer can offer the same qualities, albeit not as great.
Creature comforts in a 4th Generation Corvette are nothing like a Veyron. Not anywhere close.

That's like assuming a highly modified Datsun Z is just as much a daily driver as a Nissan GT-R. The age & technology difference is just far too great for it be anything like the newer car.

I'm not arguing the comfort differences Mclaren, as I know the Veyron is more comfortable than my own home, all I'm saying is the Sledgehammer can also be used for daily driving. Will it be as comfortable and luxurious as a Veyron? No way in hell, just like a Toyota Corolla to a Bentley Continental. A person can drive a Toyota to work, just as much as driving a Bentley, the same goes for the Sledgehammer and the Veyron.

I think there will be a similar credit cap when transferring to GT5. As for licenses and cars being transferred, I'm not sure about that. I hope I don't have to take the license test immediately though (I'll still do them for fun).

Last edited:
Veyron is very bling, very pimpmobile for my tastes. I just want more track cars in GT5. atom 500, caparo versus veyron? Okay, so it should be a massacre against the veyron around tracks. But it would be fun! Also trying to beat sir stigs veyron time, nurburgring time etc

I'll have my Veyron in pink, with flower patterns all over. :)

A bit like this
TorqueOmata4669.jpg
tpain_main.jpg

Last edited:
^You sir...are my Santa Claus...:)

All I need now is T-Pain's hats to wear while driving my Barbie Veyron.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back