Transmission - 6-speed manual
Power - 394 bhp @ 6600 rpm
Torque - 369 lb-ft @ 3800 rpm
Curb weight - 3520 lb
Zero to 60 mph - 4.5 sec
Standing 1/4-mile - 12.9 sec @ 113 mph
Price - $120,000

Last edited:
Out of my 22 rules, 5 pros and 1 con apply. 5 out of 6 = 83.3 = Cool.

Congratulations on your first "Cool Wall" thread Toronado, good luck with the ones to come 👍.

Hmmmmm. I'm going to sit this one out, I reckon. It'd theoretically be cool because it's a V8 in a 3-series, the bodykit isn't too OTT and it'd be fantastic to drive.

It'd be uncool because it's a typical aspirational car for a 20 year old Asian drug dealer in Bradford, usually with blacked-out windows.

Even though there are a lot of pros up there, that con is a biggie. Also, it's still a bit "in 'yer face" compared to something like an Alpina. And I prefer cars that don't shout their abilities too loudly.

I give it a cool, too. Great car! 👍

Congratulations and good luck with the upcoming polls, Toronado. ;)

Uncool, if I wanted a M3 with a V8(of course I do:dunce:) I would rather just get a M3 GTR.

Take in account that very few units of the M3 GTR Straßenversion were produced, it was just a homologation special, and it costed US$229,000. This Hartge could be your only choice if you wanted a V8 M3 E46.

Its still trying to be something its not and never will be therefore the uncoolest thing ever made.

Tough choice, I wanted to vote supercool, but the Hartge is just a little too "aftermarket" for my tastes... But this is still a cool car.

IIRC Racing Dynamics made a V8 3 too, the R50 Tornado..

racing-office-10.jpg

However, it was later discovered that RD had borrowed a Hartge H50 and dressed it up in RD bodykit whilst trying to pass it off as their own!

Firstly its a tuners car, which on its own is going to make this struggle not to be seriously uncool.
Add to that the BMW badge which adds further uncoolness (association with the stereotypical BMW drivers) Much as I like BMWs (and for that matter will more likely than not be driving a BMW before the end of the year) most people I know who arnt car fans just dont see them as being a cool brand.

On the plus side it is a V8, and the bodykit is quite tastful by tuners standard. I do like the looks of that generation 3 series as well.

But at the end of the day its still a tuners car, and cant avoid the Seriously Uncool vote

Not cool, seems a bit overpriced and the output is not really impressive compared to the M3's original inline 6.

I'm glad to see you now host GTP's cool wall by the way :cheers:

Last edited:
I personally think it's a cool car, and have thought so ever since watching the comparison posted above. I like the E46 M3 a lot, adding an eight cylinder motor in to the mix really seals the deal for me. IMO the M3 should have been a factory eight and the M5 a ten or twelve, and that's not to say the inline six is not a stout motor, because it will perform without question. The new V10 H50 is horrid looking, this one is not overly dramatic with the bodywork or paint job.

This car does not even wear a BMW badge, just a Hartge badge.
Is the current V8 M3 trying to emulate a GTR as well? :lol:

Meh, it's just not refined enough...it's not UNREFINED enough, either. The sad thing is that you don't need Hartge to do this. You could, forseeably, V8 swap and ugly-bodykit an M3 at any REPUTABLE shop if you have the money, and end up with similar results. No better than a local Tuner Special? Uncool.

Jim Prower
You could, forseeably, V8 swap and ugly-bodykit an M3 at any REPUTABLE shop if you have the money, and end up with similar results.
To be fair, Hartge didn't convert M3s into H50s. They actually started with 328s and 330s, so they essentially started ground-up. That being said, I see your point.

Tuned BMW's are uncool by definition in my book. This one makes no sense to me at all. It's not meant as a track tool, but it's still fitted with an ugly rear spoiler. I know it's optional, but equipped as on the picture along with those flashy wheels it's a seriously uncool for me.

Back