GT5 multi screen support confirmed

• Thread starter SETWAVE
  • 298 comments
I have this one: http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=45419&vpn=ET.FG5HP.001&manufacture=Acer
They price matched it for 209. Its actually my second one. The first one I didn't have much of a choice on since I was using money from the extended warranty on my HDTV and the TV store didn't have much selection. I was happy enough with it so I just got another one and didn't do a ton of research. Its only got 5ms response time but has 80000:1 contrast. You can get a faster response time with less contrast for the same price. This one came with HDMI, DVI and VGA cables. Currently I use the second one with my laptop.

PC version but it shows what a multi monitor is all about.

It's the same with GT5 if GT5 supports this feature.

Someone please help me choose best monitor, I need 3. But the screen size I am looking for is over 22 inch to 26 inch with 2ms and 1080p 16:9, as well best one for the money, meaning good quality of colors yet not too expensive, I hope to buy all 3 monitors for less then 1000 bucks USD.
Since we dont know if full game will be supported for the setups I am just browsing around, but soon we might know the anwser to that question, so as soon I know full game is supported or at least GT mode, I will start buying the ps3s, monitos, and work on the rig.

Acer has a nice 24" LED (yes, LED!) with the requisite "relatively" thin bezel (Samsung's LED monitor has even thinner bezel but 5ms and no HDMI input place it out of the equation). 2 HDMI input and everything meets the requirement you put forth: http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_700_705&item_id=026746

Okay so PSM3 in their December Issue printed the following...

11vqf61.png

Now surely they would have this confirmed so Id appreciate a Mod please bring this to Jordan's attention.
If at all possible can Jordan have the Magazine assure him this was confirmed and not just assumed to be supported because of previous GT games and FM2/FM3 doing so.

Now surely they would have this confirmed so Id appreciate a Mod please bring this to Jordan's attention.
If at all possible can Jordan have the Magazine assure him this was confirmed and not just assumed to be supported because of previous GT games and FM2/FM3 doing so.

I can't imagine why PSM3 or anyone for that matter would recommend a Thrustmaster F430 GT Wireless wheel. Did they know that wheel has no FFB which makes it a poor choice for almost driving games and especially for GT5 (well, maybe NFS:HP).

So until GT5 comes out or PD makes the announcement, I'll take this info from PSM3 with a grain of salt.

I can't imagine why PSM3 or anyone for that matter would recommend a Thrustmaster F430 GT Wireless wheel. Did they know that wheel has no FFB which makes it a poor choice for almost driving games and especially for GT5 (well, maybe NFS:HP).

So until GT5 comes out or PD makes the announcement, I'll take this info from PSM3 with a grain of salt.

Like I said on the main news page.

Yes the wheel is hardly recognised as one you would list on an ultimate type setup. Also technically is it possible to have 3x 3DTVs working in sync to one pair of glasses? Yes its possible to use multiple glasses to one display sure but thats entirely different. Now just how far back do you think you would have to sit to be able to even have 3x 63" screens in your peripheral, lol. Its obvious its not being that serious here.

I question their lack of seriousness regards the "Ultimate Rig" It doesnt even account for multiple consoles or copies of the game. Not that its that important as perhaps its only a "wow" feature placed in the article for kids to dream about.

That is fine but then it makes me question the magazines other points in the article particulary the actual support for multiscreens. How accurate if at all are they?
We have to remember even the Official Magazine wrongly mentioned INDY cars back in Feb which also was the first time mutliscreens was mentioned as well.

So has PSM3 just added this in or actually been told yes its supported.
I cant believe I will personally have to go out and buy 3 copies of the game just to find out if or if it isnt supported and then be gut wrenched if its not.

Last edited:

11vqf61.png

How is that a Ultimate setup? They are using that crappy Ferrari wheel, where is the Logitech? Where is the Fanatec?

11vqf61.png

Great! Didn't know if this was confirmed before, but I guess it is now. The only thing to wonder is can you use this option online?

Great! Didn't know if this was confirmed before, but I guess it is now. The only thing to wonder is can you use this option online?

I plan to go multiscreen from the beggining, but ONLY if following is possible:

- that multiscreen supports both single-player (GT Life) and multiplayer modes
- that multiscreen supports replays in all modes
- that it supports all in-game views (cockpit, bumper, looking sides and back)

I do not expect multiscreen to support PhotoMode or GUI screens, but if it does not support all "drivable" modes I'll stick to my current set-up.

Amar

If it is supported then it would be stupid of them not have it also operate online.
Technically I dont see an issue getting it working online as to singleplayer. If they bring it to the game they have to like FM3 support it fully in all gameplay modes.

The issues are more that it isnt limited to arcade mode and its not only usable in TT mode.
Previous titles have supported replays in multiscreen and all views of a players car have been supported in the past as well.

This magazine article also refers inaccurately to 18MP cars in 3D via photomode.
Id love to hear how they get 5760x3240 to display on a 1920x1080 panel.

It would take 6x 1080P screens to display that (3x across 2x deep)

The only real benifit 18MP should bring is in external usage and printer support allowing large pictures/posters to be made from the games photomode.

Last edited:
The issues are more that it isnt limited to arcade mode and it not only being usable in TT mode.

I know, my point exactly 👍

Althugh we may presume that - due to hefty amount of options in various fields of network-code - multiscreen in all imaginable modes shouldn't be a problem, I will wait untill I get my hands on game and see the actual options before purchasing the equipment.

If suported, my gaming room will soon get serious upgrades in content :D

I know, my point exactly 👍

If suported, my gaming room will soon get serious upgrades in content :D

I hold out on you possibly getting it early and testing it.
As always appreciate your input.

Serious upgrades, dont forget to go with tactile, :sly:

3 x 32" LCD will do :)

Looked into that but you end having to sit much further back and have to put up with much bigger borders on the HDTVs used.

• Personally I found on a projector 1.5x screen height close to perfect for in your face gaming.
  • With triple displays I found approx 3x screen height was ideal.
  • Would recommend you test and cut out 3x bits of cardboard the physical size of the displays your considering and place them in the postion being used.

Good Luck...
Look forward to seeing your setup.

Last edited:
I don't want to buy monitors and pay for the resolution and features I don't need.

I decided to go with 32" LED LCD (LG or Samsung probably) with thinnest borders available. I will overlap the borders of side-screens behind borders of central screen and make them unnoticable.

And one day, I'll have 3 sets for any use I want (bedroom, kitchen, bathroom:D).

Since I have gaming-deicated room with cockpit and very low seating position, I can put all sets in any distance I find enjoyable.

Only "problem" I have is that room is just 2,4 meteres in width, so I can't use screens larger than 32" - initially I wanted 3 x 40", but they're just too wide for the available space.

Technically, you need 3 PS3, 3 games, 3 screens, 3 HDMI cables, dedicated LAN-router and 4 UTP cables (switch-paired).

Yes I understand your desire to stick with 16:9 thats wise.

32" is not only quite affordable these days in HDTVs but comes across as a good size increase. The drawbacks may be more realised with how limited GT5 is in configuring/aligning the screens. Its doubtful it will be as good as PCs in options.

Not sure if you have experience with FM3 and multiscreens as even it has limatations. However to get good aligment in FM3 requires a specific sweetspot in seating and monitor positioning. This goes for height being central to your eye level and requiring the outer monitors are almost level with your wheel. Regards FM3 if you dont get the left/Right monitors in line with your immediate peripheral then it wont be perfect in aligment. Placing the centre screen in front of the others is something I did even with my monitors. However this might be harder with a HDTV as its likely to be thicker (unless modern LED). That may make the centre screen jut out too much so be sure to buy a thin model as this could also cause a problem with games like FM3 or possibly GT5's mutiscreen setup.

By all means look at videos of FM3 at E3 and other personal uploads and very few FM3 multiscreen owners have ideal alignment even with smaller monitors.

Maybe Stega can add his own experience between PC and FM3 in multiscreen alignment. For instance do they need different angles to work at optimium? I just personally think larger screens may have some drawbacks in perfecting alignment with consoles and if smaller screens in 24" allow you to sit closer you still get full peripheral vision anyways with maybe less issues. Having bigger screens may seem a nice idea but if you sit too close you then wont get full 3 screens in constant peripheral, instead needing to look left/right. Sitting too far back may then mean you then get full peipheral but now lose optimal aligment.

Its all fun n games aint it...

Last edited:
Hmm, I have 3 24" displays and 2 PS3's .... this could be very tempting if very Indulgent :)

I was originally going to Just get a single 42" display (upgrade from my 28") I use today. (the triple heads are on a PC) and Put the other 28" on my other rig ... for some good two player head to head racing of an evening!!

But I look forward to your findings Mr Latte, and the others who may well have the kit to enable this from day one!!..

we don't have a release date yet, and as more of these features get confirmed it's getting harder to wait.. Christmas this year will be a blast :)

Thanks for the info.

GSL

Hi mate,

Its frustrating as with FM3 and FM2 they at least confirmed long before release it would be supported.

I have the equipment and PS3s all bought some time ago for it. Just need the 3 discs. However someone in Amar's position or indeed your own its maybe best to wait to see if its included before buying 3x HDTVs. Personally I know how gutted I and maybe Stega or others will feel if its not. At the same point the idea of those great graphics and that weather all happening in triple screens is exciting and some would like it from day 1.

I dont want Amar to think I am trying to come across as a smartass bigger/different screens will have issues. It took me a long time to get content with FM3 in triple screens regards their alignment. Although on a temp setup the positioning and limited options made getting an almost perfect alignment quite a task. Then again some might be happy to play with triple screens and not have the best aligment, Im just one of those people that like things done right if done at all.

Latte my experience w/ FM3 has been yes you do need to be sitting in "the sweet spot" The screens must be the right distance, the right angle, and right size. Anything larger than 26'' is way to much in my opinion for triple screen gaming. Just does not work.

Latte my experience w/ FM3 has been yes you do need to be sitting in "the sweet spot" The screens must be the right distance, the right angle, and right size. Anything larger than 26'' is way to much in my opinion for triple screen gaming. Just does not work.

I am thiking the same to buy 3 22-26 inch 1080p monitors. But maybe next year, also if they confirm the whole game will be supported.

Also I wont buy a 3D TV for this game because its only 30FPS.

Back