[Gran Turismo 5 @ E3 2010] (SEE POST 1!: New Vids, Pics, Interviews!)

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 6,706 comments
That's tough, in my opinion. But there's no reason they cannot have a black frame or something that gives you the view of sitting behind the wheel of a car.

If all cars have a cockpit, I expect standard cars to be less detailed than Prologue's, but better than a simple black frame.

That's tough, in my opinion. But there's no reason they cannot have a black frame or something that gives you the view of sitting behind the wheel of a car.

If all cars have a cockpit, I expect standard cars to be less detailed than Prologue's, but better than a simple black frame.

Come on, it's all or nothing, can't see Kaz being willing to offer anything less ( meaning less detailed, poorly detailed or let alone a blackframe ) although he does seem willing to do that regarding exteriors........
He will either give us detailed interiors or only the views available in GT4.
And if it's the choice between blackframe/generic dashboards or nothing at all I'll take the latter ( and that's coming from someone who only uses interior view in Prologue ).:)

From the KY Twitter spree, I got the impression that standard cars were, indeed, without cockpits. So, they have some time if they want to dedicate man power to give these models a proper dashboard view. But can that something be Prologue quality (on 800+ cars, mind you?) No way.

But something can be done. Something lesser. If standard cars can be a little less pretty (on the exterior) than premium cars, then they can sure as heck look a bit less awesome in the cockpit.

From the KY Twitter spree, I got the impression that standard cars were, indeed, without cockpits. So, they have some time if they want to dedicate some man power to give these models a proper dashboard view. But can that something be Prologue quality (on 800+ cars, mind you?) No way.

But something can be done. Something lesser. If standard cars can be a little less pretty (on the exterior) than premium cars, then they can sure as heck look a bit less awesome in the cockpit.

Regardless whether you think they will be in or not, doing 800 cockpit views before November is frankly impossible.
That could be done perhaps if all those cars had one, maybe slightly different, generic cockpit but who would want that?
Certainly not me, would be the same as all different Corvette's having the same basic exterior only wearing different badges.
I know you wouldn't want that, an interior to me is linked to a specific car like an exterior is.

Regardless whether you think they will be in or not, doing 800 cockpit views before November is frankly impossible.
That could be done perhaps if all those cars had one, maybe slightly different, generic cockpit but who would want that?
Certainly not me, would be the same as all different Corvette's having the same basic exterior only wearing different badges.
I know you wouldn't want that, an interior to me is linked to a specific car like an exterior is.

In that case, standard cars will not sport interiors.

Only if they are slightly generic; whether it's a generic manufacturer's cockpit, or a generic model cockpit (all Corvettes have the same one), then there's a chance.

Or a better idea I had. Do a generic cockpit based on vehicle type. But that probably wouldn't go over well with Ferrari and others.

In that case, standard cars will not sport interiors.

Only if they are slightly generic; whether it's a generic manufacturer's cockpit, or a generic model cockpit (all Corvettes have the same one), then there's a chance.

Or a better idea I had. Do a generic cockpit based on vehicle type. But that probably wouldn't go over well with Ferrari and others.

In fact, I would argue all manufacturers would object to a generic interior let alone Kaz himself.
And a blackframe works fine perhaps on a small PSP screen but not on a large HD TV.
So it's either a detailed car specific dashboard or nothing at all.

In fact, I would argue all manufacturers would object to a generic interior let alone Kaz himself.
And a blackframe works fine perhaps on a small PSP screen but not on a large HD TV.
So it's either a detailed car specific dashboard or nothing at all.

Actually I've just thought of a third option that could be possible.

While manufacturers would almost certainly object to a generic interior on Stock cars, the same may not be true for modified cars.

Weight reduction options do after all strip out the interior of the car, so once done (to a certain degree) then a more generic 'racing cockpit' would not be such an issue at all.

Regards

Scaff

Of course, they're new for you. They're new for all!

I like the move the Gallardo makes in the beginning of the race (top video). Sneaky S.O.B. :)

Actually I've just thought of a third option that could be possible.

While manufacturers would almost certainly object to a generic interior on Stock cars, the same may not be true for modified cars.

Weight reduction options do after all strip out the interior of the car, so once done (to a certain degree) then a more generic 'racing cockpit' would not be such an issue at all.

Regards

Scaff

That could be a possibility perhaps as you often see aftermarket digital instrument binnacles, etc. ( Stack is a company for example supplying those ) in roadcars converted to racecars.
Maybe for the classic cars a Veglia or Smiths option could be created.
You would still need an outline of the cars interior though.
Speculative ofcourse, it would still be a compromise and would still look quite odd on some vehicles.:)

If anyone was still looking for the song from the e3 trailer here's a legit download link of the ENTIRE SONG.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D2RPHU92

^^^^^ nice one, i have watched the trailer loads of times.. such a fitting song for the E3 trailer.

Thanks for the link, it will prove useful.. especially if i want to do a custom soundtrack... although I (personally) prefer the sounds of the engine and the road... (although my wife doesn't lol) :mad:

Latest Posts

Back