• Thread starter alba
  • 6,425 comments

alba

Into very fine pixels.
Premium
United States
Rockford, MI
dw-alba
Kaz has been busy tweeting quite a lot the past couple of days and he's giving away little tidbits of infos every now and then. You can follow him here! I already posted two in the latest news thread but figured it'd be better to give them its own thread.

Tidbits from him (if you speak Japanese, please help us out to get better translations!)

Horns are working
Horn buttons are working. RT @Miya_Sako: @Kaz_Yamauchi GT5 what little money there was to speak DFGT bought on sale! I can not wait!

"GT Mode" appears to be renamed "GT Life"
Yes. "GT LIFE" has been named. RT @Larz771: @Kaz_Yamauchi Do not you think GT5 is the GT mode.

There will not be a demo/trial version
I could not afford to make a trial. RT @Tnf921: @Kaz_Yamauchi GT5 want to deliver a little bit before the release date for trial. I hope you made at summer

No specifics about music yet (MOTC/etc...)
I'm not particular about music again. RT @Esegk: @Kaz_Yamauchi PV song, Are you going GT5P's still a big tree of life SURV1V3 Jia That was the best. Moon over castle in GT5, but the OP would still be a classic GT is a truly complete set!

GT5 E3 2010 trailer song is from Daiki Kasho, apparently it's a contest to name the actual song?
GT5 2010 E3 Trailer was used for the general public Daiki Kasho's song, it will soon announce the gran-turismo.com. We want to do in the world. The title in English, thank you. I'll be in the form and mail to address given.

👍

Last edited:
See if you can get an definitive answer on standard car cockpit view.

EDIT: This makes me wish I had taken some Japanese.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think Japanese-speaking GTP members should be trying to get answers from him about the more hardcore stuff we're wondering about since he's not answering anything else than Japanese (which is to be expected).

ask if standard cars are just upscaled from gt4 with no cockpit.
I'm just picking out things I find interesting from his twitter feed using the Google translate option in Chrome so, tough luck for me to ask anything :P

Yeah, I think Japanese-speaking GTP members should be trying to get answers from him about the more hardcore stuff we're wondering about since he's not answering anything else than Japanese (which is to be expected).

I'm just picking out things I find interesting from his twitter feed using the Google translate option in Chrome so, tough luck for me to ask anything :P

oh ok, i did'nt understand. sorry.

Premium tracks? WTF?

Anyway, ask him one and only: Standard - cockpit view ... Yey or ney?

We need someone who speaks Japanese in here so we can ask questions to him that way!

Asking about standard cars and cockpits is a waste of time as we already know the answer. Perhaps we can think of more imaginative things to ask him.

No, gt4 cars were downscaled from the standard cars. Think about it and you'll understand.
It does make sense. It is very likely that the 3D models PD made for GT4 had to be downgraded somewhat to run smoothly on the PS2. For GT5, PD therefore would not use these downscaled models from GT4 rather than the "source models" which are more detailed.

Yeah, I've been following him for a month now..
Sometimes there's something interesting that pops up..
But most of the time, I can't make anything out of it..
As it's Japanese and translators still have a problem with that language apparently:P

But it would be good to have a Japanese speaking GTP member to translate stuff or even ask a little question from time to time.
As these are tweets, it doesn't take that much effort. It's not a whole text to translate;) So I hope we get some feedback from our Japanese GTP friends!

Calling all GTP members with Japanese writing and language experience.

Hello ....................is anyone out there?

Last edited:
That doesn't make any difference.

Basically the way they do it is, they create a highly detailed 3D model of the car and then once they're done with it, they use a "low-poly" (aka optimized version of said model) in the game. So it's basically downgraded to fit the PS2 which is why I think standard models will look just fine in GT5. GT5 premium models is the same way (except now they're future proof) since Kaz said they're probably more fit for PS4 :)

</rant>

EDIT: Someone just tweeted and asked about "Moon Over The Castle" and "SURV1VE" but Kaz seems to say that he can't be specific about music or something... interesting!

Last edited:
Basically the way they do it is, they create a highly detailed 3D model of the car and then once they're done with it, they use a "low-poly" (aka optimized version of said model) in the game. So it's basically downgraded to fit the PS2 which is why I think standard models will look just fine in GT5. GT5 premium models is the same way (except now they're future proof) since Kaz said they're probably more fit for PS4 :)

</rant>
Do you reckon standard models are the full models they made then?

On topic, I think he may have stopped tweeting. He does it in bursts.

My personal thought about the issue is that, their models are going to be up to par (or at least close enough that it doesn't stand out as a bad thing). But they didn't model any cockpits for the GT4 cars so that's where the problem lies. So no, they're not "full" models :)

Anyway, let's try to stay on topic, shall we? :P

My personal thought about the issue is that, their models are going to be up to par (or at least close enough that it doesn't stand out as a bad thing). But they didn't model any cockpits for the GT4 cars so that's where the problem lies. So no, they're not "full" models :)

Anyway, let's try to stay on topic, shall we? :P

Exactly.

You can't output a crummy modeled image in 1080P HD.

The cockpit thing is the the big issue.

EDIT: If Kaz went to the trouble to detail the underside of 200 cars, trust me you don't have to worry about the quality of any graphic representation.

Last edited:
Ok, so a friend of mine wanted me to sit and translate everything Yamauchi is tweeting, but I'm not gonna do that. Most of the things he replies are gratitude towards people who cheers him on, or who says they were moved by the E3 movie.

In any case, don't use the Google translator because from what I see in the translation in the first post, they're not right at all.

About the music, he IS picky about the music he says.
Also, the music which was used for the E3 trailer will be named by fans. The title can be in either English or Japanese. He's taking suggestions, but he doesn't say where so I'm guessing through twitter.

Too prove alba's point you have to see a Ford GT in GT4 intro.And if i remember correctly game uses TWO car models - one for race and one for showcase.Anyway - we get best one!And if physics done right - it will be very interesting to drive them!

Back