Battlefield 3

GTP_RyRyWright
I wasn’t sure if there was anyone who is looking forward to the much rumored and slightly verified Battlefield 3 that is stated as “in Development”. It’s been roughly 3 yrs since the first rumblings were heard and it is a little bit more confirmed now. There is from what I could find, leaked cover art and an off the cuff inference by a firsthand observer former DICE CEO Fredrik Liliegren. I even found a Designer Gustav Halling that declares he is working on BF3.

Found as stated " leaked cover art"
2igmzy1.jpg

If this comes out I might just invest in a nice gaming computer as well... :)

All I want is a return to BF1942's 64 players and planes. They dont need to compete with CoD, they can minimize the FPS aspect and go back to the Battlefield that started the thing with lots of players massive levels and lots of vehicles. Those were insane and I cried when found out my mid powered PC could handle the game. Bad company is a spinoff but BF3 needs to follow its roots. They have Medal of Honor to follow the CoD trends now.

I just think that there is something so pure in the way BF2 allowed you to roam freely and do anything you wanted. I never got to join a clan or anything but now that I have experienced online racing with people that I got to know at this forum, I can only imagine what a blast it would be to have my GTP forum buddies as a BF3 clan, and go from racing against each other to making a “blue tooth head set squad” working as a finely tuned group and pounding other forums or clans. lol……

5fnq1l.jpg

Last edited:
All I want is a return to BF1942's 64 players and planes.

I haven't played 1942, but I did play BF2 and BF2142. I logged well over 400 hours in BF2 and BF2: Special Forces and a bit over 100 into BF2142. While 2142 was nothing special, Bad Company just doesn't have the feel of either of those.

I haven't played 1942, but I did play BF2 and BF2142. I logged well over 400 hours in BF2 and BF2: Special Forces and a bit over 100 into BF2142. While 2142 was nothing special, Bad Company just doesn't have the feel of either of those.

I think that was the cleaver marketing by not calling it BF3. But BF2 and BF2142 are closer to BF1942. It was vehicle mayhem. Going as a recon you can order "Human" players driving missile launchers to destroy tanks and heavy armor. That was great, the two players did not have to be any hear one another. Those were great times. Bad Company's maps are 4x smaller than those games with a fraction of the players.

BF3 beta invite will be bundled with the limited edition of Medal of Honor

Link to the story and BF3 wish list

------------------------ correction to orig. post ------------------------------

Good call LaBounti, my oversight...... correction made

Last edited:
The good thing is we'll probably be able to get the beta invite for free somewhere. If not I can wait for the demo.

The good thing is we'll probably be able to get the beta invite for free somewhere. If not I can wait for the demo.

I did the Beta for Both Battlefield 2 and Medal of Honor. Supposedly you had to pre-order MOH to get an invite, EA sent me one via Email to participate in the MOH Beta. I also have BF 1943, which they opened the Beta for MOH later for those owners/players.

I`m looking very much forward to this game, but I had "hoped" it would be a PC exclusive, but I can fully understand that it is not as it is not financially feasible to exlcude the consoles the way that the market is today.

That being said however the most important for me is that they make a seperate PC version from the ground up and then downscale it for consoles, I very much doubt that the PC fanbase of BF2 will "except" anything less then 64 players, on maps that at least are as big as they were in BF2.

Though I am hoping for around 80 players and 1 1/2 - 2 the size of the 64 players maps in BF2. Bigger maps with enhanced environmental destruction from BFBC2 :).

My wet dream would be an urban map twize the size of Karkand/Mashtuur, with enterable buildings etc...ohoh

Dice have some experience now working with the Frostbite engine for PC on BFBC2 so I look very much forward to what the enhanced version, built for 64 bit systems and DX11 can do with BF3.

I`m looking very much forward to this game, but I had "hoped" it would be a PC exclusive, but I can fully understand that it is not as it is not financially feasible to exlcude the consoles the way that the market is today.

That being said however the most important for me is that they make a seperate PC version from the ground up and then downscale it for consoles, I very much doubt that the PC fanbase of BF2 will "except" anything less then 64 players, on maps that at least are as big as they were in BF2.

Though I am hoping for around 80 players and 1 1/2 - 2 the size of the 64 players maps in BF2. Bigger maps with enhanced environmental destruction from BFBC2 :).

My wet dream would be an urban map twize the size of Karkand/Mashtuur, with enterable buildings etc...ohoh

Dice have some experience now working with the Frostbite engine for PC on BFBC2 so I look very much forward to what the enhanced version, built for 64 bit systems and DX11 can do with BF3.

And they say "Size doesn't matter"..........lol

Is-Bigger-Better.jpg

Bigger is better

I just found this video that was released on 1-9-11 on "GameSpawn's" YouTube channel. It reinforces everything known to date about the up comming release of BF3 and how it should come out in the second half of 2011, Check it out :)

This vid feeds at 360p, if you don't want to wait for it to buffer, double pick the embeded video and it will take you over to YouTube whare you can select the 240p version 👍 since the vid is mostly audio, that will work great, it should open up in another page. After it spawns to the new page go back to this page and refresh it so it will kill the feed to this page and you are then maxing out your bit stream to the 240p feed at the YouTube site :)

Last edited:
Back