All my GT5 videos /latest: SLS - SSR5, F430 - Suzuka Rain, Pit Stop, Data Logger/

• Thread starter tekken90
  • 1,765 comments
Same settings used on the Ring, ABS1, TC at 5, but on Pro physics, notice the difference. Demo on Arcade mode
[/QUOTE]

But you can see that unlike Tekken who slows down quite drastically while taking corners, this guy isn't and taking the corner on the more difficult Nordschleife at higher speed. And unlike the GT300 Arta Garaiya, the GT500 Nissan GTR has almost twice the power. You expect the car to be bit more aggresive.

Seriously, I wouldn't worry about the physics going easy. There's a reason why Kaz and PD continue to improve the feel and the way the car handles. I can see EA doing it (reverting to easier physics to please the marketplace) because most of their games are committee driven and decided. Kaz has too much power to let someone advice him on what to do.

So, anyone pissed that you can't paint/chage rims on standard cars?

I wouldn't say pissed but disappointed. I normally change rims on certain cars anyway. On classic cars like the 1990 NSX or any of the GTR (even the 1960-1970s GTR) I prefer to keep everything stock. But because GT5 will have different version of, for example the RX-7, you're bound to find one that has a rim more suited to your liking (just not exactly- look it as the rims your wanted being out of stock until PD updates the option or until GT6).

Last edited:
The car should still be affected by braking and weight shifts. The way he drove on the ring he should have spun out tons of times but he didn't

Sorry, but the actual point of aids such as TCS and ABS are for the car to not spin out when the acc. pedal is abused. (The Gallardo is a perfect example of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK5cse6-pdA) The fact that the car attempted to spin out shows that the weight shift is present. It just didn't continue to spin out because of the aids.

And the fact that the physics engine of GT5 is actually rebuildy, you'd expect more personality with each car to the point where the handling is completely different depending on what car you're driving (interpretation from the Best Buy demo). If it's two different cars, it's very wrong to assume the same result will occur.

that guy also just put a new video up, it looks amazing! and that's arcade mode too. the dirt effects are even better than I wanted them! glad expectations were reached with someone right? :) lol

Edit lol, he went from having it up to putting it into unlisted.

Link to the vid please?

Didn't you guys see where tekken90 said he was on "difficulty level 4" on arcade mode, separate from driving settings like abs, etc,..?? I read that somewhere on here.

BWX
Didn't you guys see where tekken90 said he was on "difficulty level 4" on arcade mode, separate from driving settings like abs, etc,..?? I read that somewhere on here.

Assuming difficulty level should be directed to AI levels only, not driving physics, it doesn't really matter what difficulty level it is.

Sorry, but the actual point of aids such as TCS and ABS are for the car to not spin out when the acc. pedal is abused. (The Gallardo is a perfect example of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK5cse6-pdA) The fact that the car attempted to spin out shows that the weight shift is present. It just didn't continue to spin out because of the aids.

And the fact that the physics engine of GT5 is actually rebuildy, you'd expect more personality with each car to the point where the handling is completely different depending on what car you're driving (interpretation from the Best Buy demo). If it's two different cars, it's very wrong to assume the same result will occur.

So maybe it could be said that the driving aids from the demo were to weak? I also have to admit, in the video when he had traction control on that was kinda funny.

yea dirt kicking up was insane, imagine on your HD with surround sound on. nice.

Yeah, currently my setup is

We're gonna try for a bigger TV on black friday, wifey promises that we can get a playseat and a G27 wheel around early January for GT5, I'm excited about that. My surround sound is currently 800w and 5.1 so It'll sound really good. All kenwood/pioneer stuff.

sorry Tekken.. where do we choose loop or point to point course? At the beginning while choosing themes or something is missing?

I don't think his version has them, even though the manual given with both his and RDK's version mentions them. Yet another clue that they have a neutered version of the game.

Last edited:
Yeah, currently my setup is

We're gonna try for a bigger TV on black friday, wifey promises that we can get a playseat and a G27 wheel around early January for GT5, I'm excited about that. My surround sound is currently 800w and 5.1 so It'll sound really good. All kenwood/pioneer stuff.
I like those big floor standing speakers. Theyre wider than my 4 way floor standing 190 watt speakers. My 6.1 surround is 1100 watts including my 360 watt Behringer Truth B2092A subwoofer.

I don't think his version has them, even though the manual give with both his and RDK's version mentions them. Yet another clue that they have a neutered version of the game.

Or... It could also be because that theme is labeled as a "Circuit"?

So, anyone pissed that you can't paint/chage rims on standard cars?

yes ! this is 2010 almost 2011 ... People love and spend thousands of dollars both on the inside and outside of there car.

Solid colors are so dated.At least give people the option. oh well See u online.

Assuming difficulty level should be directed to AI levels only, not driving physics, it doesn't really matter what difficulty level it is.

I assume nothing, it's a new game and I never saw that settings page. Plus IIRC that answer was a response to question about physics. On top of that he's in arcade mode in some vids, so who knows what's going on with physics.

tekken - you've probably been asked this before but I have a few questions:

1. How many credits do you have at the start of the game, and what cars can you buy with it?
2. What is the prize car for the first license? Well, all of them, actually, if you remember.

tekken - you've probably been asked this before but I have a few questions:

1. How many credits do you have at the start of the game, and what cars can you buy with it?
2. What is the prize car for the first license? Well, all of them, actually, if you remember.

I assume you want no surprises at all?

I'm sure this has been answered, but I have been off the forum for awhile. Can you turn off the HUD so there isn't all that junk at the bottom of the screen in cockpit view?

I'm sure this has been answered, but I have been off the forum for awhile. Can you turn off the HUD so there isn't all that junk at the bottom of the screen in cockpit view?
As far as we know, no....👎

For all those on about Pro Physics. Having played two builds of GT5 in August and then again in October. I can assure you if you Select Pro, no aids and pick a race car, it's a very tricky beast. Faster and harder than Prologue and IMO the best physics by far in the series.

Arcade mode even on the hardest physics setting, will not match A-Spec Pro settings. So I wouldn't worry. It was awesome.

For all those on about Pro Physics. Having played two builds of GT5 in August and then again in October. I can assure you if you Select Pro, no aids and pick a race car, it's a very tricky beast. Faster and harder than Prologue and IMO the best physics by far in the series.

Arcade mode even on the hardest physics setting, will not match A-Spec Pro settings. So I wouldn't worry. It was awesome.

God I hope they kept it in the full game! Can't wait to wrestle some mad cars around the rings without any pussi assists! :sly:

The difference between Prologue and TT demo was like night and day, I had soooo much more fun with the TT demo, felt so much more challegning and connected to the car.

I don't think his version has them, even though the manual give with both his and RDK's version mentions them. Yet another clue that they have a neutered version of the game.

Interesting fact. I'm curious how different the final version is compared to theirs...:dunce:

Just wondering folks, no need to get upset. Maybe it would be more fit in a PM which i admittedly didn't think about.

No worries. Some people seem to have forgotten that they're in a thread that's showing the latest leaked GT5 footage. Spoilers? Here?! Unpossible!

Just wondering folks, no need to get upset. Maybe it would be more fit in a PM which i admittedly didn't think about.

No it's fine to ask it here.People know this is the thread where he has been revealing stuff about the game.If they don't want any spoilers then they don't need to be in this thread in the first place.

i saw on one of the vids we can change it to some kind of racing decal by Gran Turismo on a premium car.. so i guess i could change a Zonda R or a McLaren F1's paint a Gran Turismo racing car design?

Back