All my GT5 videos /latest: SLS - SSR5, F430 - Suzuka Rain, Pit Stop, Data Logger/

• Thread starter tekken90
  • 1,765 comments
I also like F355 sound much more, it's like the engine is singing!

Later models like F360 and F430 are just like two motorcycle R4's linked onto one crankshaft. But that doesn't mean they should sound like crap in the game which just happened in GT5.

Totally agreed, I love the sound of the F355

Seems very plausible. If there's a section in the book dedicated to brakes upgrading, then it's in the game. Very simple.

That book isn't really about GT5, (apart from the track and cars list). It covers lots of racing series and aspects of motorsport. Plus tuning. Just because it's in the book certainly doesn't mean its included in GT5.... unfortunately.

I also think the F430 is a little high pitched, but I have been to multiple ALMS events and the F430 GT2 car sounds god-like, with the downshifts scaring anyone not prepared.... if PD eventually made a F430 race car, then I think one would appreciate its engine tones in full.... a.k.a. no dB requirements for exhaust... haha

This is the kind of post I've been waiting on so good work!

Only thing I see that is a bit weird is that in the tuning shop, I see no option for brakes, but in the tuning settings you have brake bias. Did I miss brake upgrades in another section in the upgrades?

Edit: Went back a bit and seen that you guys caught the brake issue, seems kind of strange to me, lol.

So I guess my next question is, are the performance upgrades the same for every car or do the options change from car to car? I see that there are no engine swaps but maybe there could be on supported cars? (doubtful but I will never give up hope, lol)

Last edited:
New videos are WOWZ.. but one thing that is weird is the animation of the driver's hand moving down to shift gears in the F430 when there are clearly paddles behind the wheel..hrm.

New videos are WOWZ.. but one thing that is weird is the animation of the driver's hand moving down to shift gears in the F430 when there are clearly paddles behind the wheel..hrm.
yes,that's what I was talking about.looks like a big harsh mistake from pd 👎

Trial Mountain has been completely redone, not upscaled.

I recall someone (can't remember if it was tekken, rdk, or amar) saying that Trial Mountain had been taken straight from GT4 and looked really bad. I'm just curious how much lower the visual quality of the track is.

K how the hell can there not be brake upgrades, this makes NO sense. I don't know what makes more sense, PD consciously omitting brake upgrades or entirely 'forgetting' to add it in the final game.

K how the hell can there not be brake upgrades, this makes NO sense. I don't know what makes more sense, PD consciously omitting brake upgrades or entirely 'forgetting' to add it in the final game.

Also I don't buy the "upgrades only on cars that support them" theory.
Brakes are like, the most important thing to upgrade in order to take any car to the race track.
Maybe you've read this before from mem in other threads, but if brake upgrades are not in the game, then there's a strong possibility that brake fade, the most critical thing that amateur racers have to beware of, is not implemented.

tekken90, you are a hero to many of us with these lovely videos of yours. I've been very pleased watching these videos and getting a feel for GT5. I haven't seen all the other comments, so I just wanted to post this comment. I really now have a good feel for what this game has to offer.

I Lve what *SSR5* looks like in gt5

just wished it was a longer track .. like ss11:sly:

In my opinion it really looks like that the track in GT5 could be extended (and therefore have a longer version), but I'll wait a clearer video (or the game itself!) in order to be more sure of that.

Also I don't buy the "upgrades only on cars that support them" theory.
Brakes are like, the most important thing to upgrade in order to take any car to the race track.
Maybe you've read this before from mem in other threads, but if brake upgrades are not in the game, then there's a strong possibility that brake fade, the most critical thing that amateur racers have to beware of, is not implemented.

Yea that doesn't make a lot of sense either. All cars should support some type of brake upgrade. I mean I guess you could get away with it on a 458 or something with ceramics but on a normal road car without them, as most of the cars are in GT5, you would NEED upgraded brakes to tackle any circuit for more than a few laps driving at speed.

I highly doubt that brake fade as been implemented in the game, sadly. It also seems to me like it wouldn't be that difficult to include as they have tire wear which kind of operates on the same principle.

Getting a 350Z, for example, installing twin turbos, air intake, racing tires, lightweight wheels, upgraded suspension, etc. and leaving the brakes stock and entering a race at Suzuka, let's say, would be the most nonsensical thing you could possibly do - suicide actually.

I would think that this will definitely be in the game come the 24th, maybe in the form a download. It's just unfathomable that they'd leave it out.

Yes, Special Stage Route 5. Boy does it amazing! GT4 had an industrial touch to it with some of the buildings under construction. Looking at the rather dark GT5 version, it looks great. While the video is dark, I must say that the darkness is perhaps the most realistic we have ever seen in the Gran Turismo series. This honestly looks like what you'd probably see on an average night going down the highway around downtown (assuming you live in a place that has modern skyscrapers). I could do without the horrid music in that video (the SLS AMG is already sweet making its own music), but SSR5 looks totally solid. Imagine going full speed as buildings and street lamps blur by! Should be a blast to drive in almost any car.

I could do without the horrid music in that video (the SLS AMG is already sweet making its own music), but SSR5 looks totally solid. Imagine going full speed as buildings and street lamps blur by! Should be a blast to drive in almost any car.

Seriously. I never got why or how people race with music blaring.

But yea, track looks epic!

Screenshot2010-11-20at23911AM.png

so were gonna sort of racing liveries without racing modifications? Not really a racing paint, but atleast theres a pattern :P are there any other cars with such paint options? (Obviously not ones with racing mods :P)

It's the Tesla I believe and it has a black bottom. :)

Back