Things you'd like changed In GT5 (Updated 1st post)

• Thread starter addictions
  • 352 comments
adddictions & GTP_adddictions
addictionGTP@googlemail.com
So far on my thread travels I noticed a few things that would benefit us all If changed.
Though nearly a month after release I'm loving the game & can cope with It's imperfections & live without the items listed below.

Top gear test track needs to be enabled with a standing start & with a leaderboard.

Saved data shouldn't be copy protected.

Add some more recent model years as free DLC.

Standard car > premium.

All tracks with weather effects.

Some sort of cockpit view for standard cars.

Make realistic damage an option.

Implement higher resolution self-shadowing.

Upload to youtube feature.

More tracks as DLC.

Sound needs to be more aggressive.

Allow players to turn off ALL HUD elements.

Allow players to use a controll pad to navigate the menus while having a wheel plugged in.

Full support of G25 and G27 wheels.

More realistic handling of "tape" barriers.

I'd like to use my own photo stored on my PS3 for my GT Life profile,

ALL tracks from GT1-GT4 that didn't make it to GT5 brought back

Full selection of NASCAR drivers and ALL NASCAR tracks

ALL tracks have weather and night racing.

Standard mountain courses with narrow roads. Racing from Point A to B.

LAN play.

A true 24H day/night cycle.

Livery Editor.

Ability to use paint chips on any car body/rims as many times as you want.

Ability to gain credits from online races.

Ability to race people for pink slips.

Some sort of marketplace or auction house.

Ongoing patches to correct some of the well known glitches.

Being able to change wheels on all the cars like gt1,2,3,4,5p.

Multiple used car lots like gt4.

Online PP point system like gt5p.

Being able to customize individual gear ratios instead of just a top speed slider.

Brake upgrades like gt1,2,3,4,5p.

Proper Replay Camera Angles on TOP GEAR TEST TRACK similar on the show itself.

More control over course maker! Templates.

Preview what the car looks like in a certain paint before purchasing.

More body kits

Invite friends to a online race

Custom colours for cars

Fix the car in front of smoke texture.

Fast forward in b-spec.

Longer shutter speeds in photo mode.

Save and exit in the middle of a championship.

Ability to save a tune of at least the 3 tune option.

Option to run a series of races in multiplayer mode.

Drag strip/test track

During replays we cant fast forward or rewind.

Cars are dry when its raining.

Weather effects that resemble real life via The Weather Channel.

2 player replay.

Please add your issues.

Last edited:
Not really a change, but they definitely need to add some more recent model years as free DLC. Sure the game was started in 2005 and supposed to have been released in 08 and then 09 and then earlier this year...but the amount of cars they have between 2007-2010 is a joke.

standard car > premium

all tracks with weather effects

more Dodge Vipers like the hennessey 1000hp Viper and the 92 sr 10 .. and last the Dodge Viper SRT 10 ACR-X

:nervous:

I guess we should get the game first. Play it a bit. Play some more. And some more. See all it has to offer. And THEN comment what we would like to improve/change in it.

Not much point, IMO, to do so at this stage.
Like "What would you change in the barbecue you haven't eaten yet? Or in the song you have yet to listen?"

Peace

I guess we should get the game first. Play it a bit. Play some more. And some more. See all it has to offer. And THEN comment what we would like to improve/change in it.

Like "What would you change in the barbecue you haven't eaten yet? Or in the song you have yet to listen?"

Peace

Eggzactly! :)

Peace

Good Answer 👍

Agreed let's wait until we have had a chance to see what the game really has to offer before saying it must be changed.

As for the copy protected saves I think this is needed to prevent people from cheating. If not then people could simply make a backup copy, set it to another profile and gift cars to thier primary profile, then restore the backup copy and do it again and again until they had as much money as they want. Not to say that everyone would do this but if it is possible some people will and it can ruin an online game for everyone else.

1 lap top gear standing start time trial, with leaderboard....

thats all i WANT, any other addons are a bonus, certainly dont want saves unlocked as that will allow cheaters to get ahead!

A few more cars added (standard or premium i dont care, im a bumpercam man) would be nice but i aint gonna complain if it dont happen, especially since it will take their attention off GT6

Oh, and i have the game so i know im not dissapointed in what we've been given

Remove all last-gen compromises (Standard cars), make realistic damage an option from the beginning and implement higher resolution self-shadowing. While they're at it, they could also do something about the god-awful intro music. :yuck:

Some sort of cockpit view for standard cars.
I don't care if it's the same generic dashboard, I just want the view.

What you would call bumper cam, and I would call true interior view, is essentially cockpit view minus the cockpit. There was a topic regarding this a while back.

Peace
Except that just like people have read and watched plenty about the game already, it is possible for people to know which food they do not like in advance of the barbecue.

The copy protection feature sucks. PD did that for GT PSP and, when my PSP died, I lost my save as I couldn't use it on my son's PSP. Luckily, he had a save that I took over... but that won't be the case with a PS3. He doesn't have one and won't get one. I went through four PS2's, so there is the real possibility that a PS3 won't last whole current gen console cycle either.

The track list is pretty underwhelming too. They keep High Speed Ring and drop El Capitan, Seattle, and Twin Ring Motegi? Really, PD... really?

What you would call bumper cam, and I would call true interior view, is essentially cockpit view minus the cockpit. There was a topic regarding this a while back.

Yes I know there were topics on this, but I would like to drive the standard cars with some sort of dashboard view. That's what i'd like changed.

edit: to clarify, I mean i'd like a generic interior with windscreen and dials and such.

edit 2: yeah, loads more tracks as DLC. Especially El Capitan. That was a marvelous track.

A hood cam would be nice. I'll play bumper cam most likely as a substitute though. Seems rather silly to drive while looking at an M.C. Escher painting. (a cockpit that's inside of another cockpit) I actually wish they had taken out cockpits and put that time towards making the standard cars look even prettier.

Other than that I can't say much because the only other thing I'm worried about isn't confirmed yet. (Whether or not you can use tuned cars online.) Overall though, I'm just excited as hell to start playing tomorrow.

I disagree that bumper cam is cockpit view without the cockpit in that your POV is forward of the cockpit here. If it were the same as cockpit that would mean that you have up to several feet of car in front of you that is invisible and you would hit stuff on a regular basis you would also be able to see the car pulling along side you when it gets to the front door or more but in bumper view you are positioned forward to the front of the car so there is no invisible car in front and you can not see a car that is 3/4 way along side you.

Hood view is the closest to cockpit view. It is also forward of the cockpit view but not as far as bumper view. Roof view is same as cockpit but higher.

I will be playing tomorrow but even without playing the game....

ALL cars should have been premium. 20% of the cars being premium is not acceptable. 👎

I am still looking forward to hopefully playing this tomorrow. 👍

Rant removed by moderator. Offtopic

So what needs fixing.

1. Allow players to turn off ALL HUD elements.

2. Allow players to use a controll pad to navigate the menus while having a wheel plugged in.

3. Full support of G25 and G27 wheels.

4. fix the poor quality shadows.

This post was just deleted by someone. are we not allowed to complain on this site????

Last edited by a moderator:
to be honest i think its a bit early to judge the game on what needs changing give it a few week yet, first opinions are, the amount of stuff available is fantastic, the racing maybe a little too easy but i am only doing beginer events, personally im happy :)

Online keeps crapping out on me...
It keeps freezing. Happened to me and 3 others.
Fix it Kaz!

More realistic handling of "tape" barriers. As I posted in the Eiger rally video thread, it is disconcerting to watch a ton of car barrel into some ribbons staked into the ground and bounce off like it just hit a solid cement block.

The dirt tracks are all fantasy tracks anyway (AFAIK), so just add some more drivable area just outside the course with car-disabling rocks, trees and ditches and let the cars through! If they get stuck, they have to call for help per RBR and suffer the time penalty to get back on the road.

Basically, if RBR did this right on a PS2 in 2004, GT5 should be able to do it right on a PS3 too.

It's threads like this (amongst other comments and threads about) that will pretty much ensure I don't come back to GT Planet for quite a while once I get the game.

I'm tired of reading complaints about every tiny thing that doesn't meet the ridiculously high expectations held by some here.

You have every right and purpose to talk about them and I'm not telling anyone to be silent. Instead, I'll just stop reading them and concentrate on enjoying the game.

See you in a few patches time, when I hope things have calmed down.

Enjoy the game, it has been a pleasure waiting for it with you all.

Most of what I wrote was deleted for being off topic when it clearly was not. What a draconian place this seems to be.

The first part was a rant and off topic. We have other threads for that. If you want to rant, then by all means post it, but not here.

If you don't like how we operate you can leave if you wish. Just let me know and I'll remove your account.

Sphinx.

Well some minor user interface bits:
- The notice on startup about not switching off your PS3 during HDD access should not wait for me to press [ok]
- I'd like to use my own photo stored on my PS3 for my GT Life profile, but it only accepts photos taken in GT5.
- Can't access the race-menu when just finishing a license test to restart - have to go through the trophy/experience popups and return to the license overview, before being able to try again.
- Returning from a (sub-)race-menu will always resume the game, but all I wanted was to go up one level in the menu.

And generally all text in-game is very tiny on a SD-tv set, often have to resort to zooming in using the R1 button to be able to read the dialogs, but I guess it's me who will need to upgrade here ;)

Intro movie could've been split in two, I'd like to skip the manufacturing half but would like to see the CGI/race bit. (.. from the Japanese version, or a true European intro, the one with MCR feels very American)

Oh and the HDD install should remove the 'approx. XX mins left' notice, as it isn't very helpfull at all, haha. I've spend 30 minutes on the 20 minute marker, 5 minutes on the 40 second marker, and another 5 minutes on the 3 second marker.

Last edited:
Back