CLOSED: The GT5 Photomode Competition: Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portugal
Lisboa

mainbanner.png

wk1theme.png

Further explanation of the theme, in the words of Nicknamealguem:

"First of all, welcome to the GT5 installation of the Photomode Competition. As I don’t expect people to have already all the 1000+ cars, time to explore everything but Photomode and/or don’t know how Photomode works or that such a thing exists, and not to say that this is a first week competition standard, first week will start with a “OPEN” theme, meaning you can submit every kind of photograph you can possible imagine within the rules of the competition. Well, have fun!"

CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes

rulesclassic.png

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification.
If you have any questions, please, send me a Private Message or READ THIS.

• No other editing, besides resize, is allowed outside GT5 Photomode
  • Only one entry per user allowed. It must be that user own work and never previously used in a competition;
  • Entry post must be marked with a FINAL ENTRY text;
  • Entries may only be changed once and it must be indicated clearly;
  • Link edit of the same entry won’t count toward entry change.
  • Entries must be posted in either thumbnail or a preview linked to the full size;
  • Previews should not exceed the limit of 500px in either direction and have any effect not present in the original image;
  • We recommend the usage of a free image hosting service, such as ImageShack, Photobucket or Flickr;
  • Winner gets to choose the following week's theme;
    [*]Only the best 25 entries will get through the Classic Poll Style;
  • Every fourth week, the poll will be H2H style: entries must choose a "team", and the best from each poll faces off;
    [*]The judge cannot enter is own theme.
Special Rule
  • Since this is the first week, everyone, that follows the rules, will be able to get to the poll, including the judge :P.
deadline.png

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Well... Here's mine then. WAAY too much money, and a bit of talent later, and behold. The Drift Bus is born :D Online twins with rx7's just got a bit more interesting.

Edit: Thanks for preview image help ;]

Last edited:
Can't wait to get my hands on the samba bus!

To have thumbnail:
HTML:
[url="http://link-to-fullsize.image.jpg"][img]http://link-to-thumbnail.image.jpg[/img][/url]
Pretty sure thats correct
So you have to to make the same image twice in 2 sizes

FINAL ENTRY

Already spend way to much time in photo mode and not enough with playing and so far this is my favorite one, mainly because only wanted to make a drift picture and paused right at the moment when the little flame came out :D

Usual photo mode things applied like depth of field and the cold filter.

Thumbnail size changed

Last edited:
Final Entry:

Not really expecting to get anywhere, but figured I might as well give it a shot.

Here's my entry. It's the one I've spent the most time on so far.

Final entry:
Protip: view it in its full hd resolution, for maximum win.

And as a bonus pic, check out this one. Love it! :3
Can't believe how good GT5 can look in photo travel.

And yes, I do realize there's only one submission per member, the second pic is just something i wanna show to you guys :)

Final entry

Spinning @ kart track

Click for full size

Nice to see so many entries already! 👍

Cimanu, consider reading this. It's a detailed tutorial in how to post your entry in either thumbnail or preview linked to the full sized image.

Sheferd, that is correct. ;)

Amazing shots everyone, keep them coming.

Final entry:

Click for full size.​

Not really the best, but I'm still getting used to the new photomode tools.

Last edited:
Nicknamealguem - If you would be so kind, please add in some form of maximum dimensions for the images posted. For reference, 1024 on the longest side seems to work well in the Photography comps.

FINAL ENTRY

Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 on Special Stage Route 7

Note: This photo isn't altered in Photoshop or any other application. It's all GT5 :)

Last edited:
Cidi, seoulspirit, Traviitzer and supersquirrel, remember, your preview image should not be larger than 500px in the longest side, or at least consider using a thumbnail. Please, edit your post accordingly, with the allowed size.

TB
Nicknamealguem - If you would be so kind, please add in some form of maximum dimensions for the images posted. For reference, 1024 on the longest side seems to work well in the Photography comps.
If it's the previews you are talking about, there is a limit of 500px in the rules:

• Previews should not exceed the limit of 500px in either direction and have any effect not present in the original image;

If it is the full size, I don't think I should limit it's size, but since GT5 images are huge, I'll see what I can do in week 2.

People, remember, images not fallowing the rules will be disqualified. This includes people not using the FINAL ENTRY tag, and having preview images larger than 500px.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back