Mogshots Advanced [12th June - My new REAL car!]

• Thread starter Moglet
  • 711 comments
Nice. The Evora is really sexy. I really like how good the blur looks in that one.
The 500 looks quite realistic, specially the sky - remember how GT4 skies looked horrible :scared: - but I still prefer your entry for the 2.0 Holiday theme.

really like that Fiat shot. you should try renting a 'boom' one day and take motion pictures of the car. except you'd need an slr and a shutter remote.

really like that Fiat shot. you should try renting a 'boom' one day and take motion pictures of the car. except you'd need an slr and a shutter remote.

I've already got an SLR and shutter remote, it's just hiring the boom that would cost me. I have thought about it before though, it would be nice to shoot it before I have to get rid of it!

I love how you can take a simple picture and make it look amazing.
Brony. :D

I'm doing it a lot more lately, sometimes the simplest things carried out well work better than complicated or 'busy' images!

Thanks for visiting, Brony! :D

Nice to see You Updating your Gallery more frequently Mog ,Stunning Road looks like you enjoyed 👍 Love the GT5 Picture .

Thanks sems, I'm spending a bit more time on my gallery at the minute after neglecting it for a while!

Nice. The Evora is really sexy. I really like how good the blur looks in that one.
The 500 looks quite realistic, specially the sky - remember how GT4 skies looked horrible :scared: - but I still prefer your entry for the 2.0 Holiday theme.

Yeah the GT4 skies were horrific! I'm glad they fixed them for this one, some of the sunset scenes are stunning.

Glad to see you are still churning out masterpieces Mog!

Thanks RG! It's good to see you back around here and entering contests again.

That shot is so cold, it made me rush out and paint my Lexus orange!

Which one? None of them were meant to feel cold :lol:

Last edited:
458 HDR

Another simple phototravel shot, this time with some HDR (use it sparingly, people! :lol: ) and my brown Ferrari. I love dark brown colours on cars like this, I think they really suit it and you don't see it very often!

Click for full size

One of the best HDR shots I've seen on this forum. I have yet to try HDR myself but they tend to end up looking too cartoony for my liking. This one gets the 👍

[Nor]MclarenF1;5277854
One of the best HDR shots I've seen on this forum. I have yet to try HDR myself but they tend to end up looking too cartoony for my liking. This one gets the 👍

Thanks! I've noticed a lot of 'cartoony' HDR photos showing up around here lately and it's a real shame that some people think that's the only way to do it!

The key is to edit the HDR rendered photo in Photoshop afterwards. Tone Mapping is very important and most of my time goes into that, but the levels and colours are always edited in PS afterwards as it really brings the image to life IMO. I'm sure if you tried HDR and kept the subtle look in mind you'd be able to do it no problems!

Thanks! I've noticed a lot of 'cartoony' HDR photos showing up around here lately and it's a real shame that some people think that's the only way to do it!

The key is to edit the HDR rendered photo in Photoshop afterwards. Tone Mapping is very important and most of my time goes into that, but the levels and colours are always edited in PS afterwards as it really brings the image to life IMO. I'm sure if you tried HDR and kept the subtle look in mind you'd be able to do it no problems!

I fully agree. Too many people think HDR is tone mapping only (including in real life photography) and think it's "cool" to get unrealistics/cartoons effects.
HDR can be fantastic if tone mapping is kept in subtility as Moglet have used in this pic.

Nicely done, Mog! Great car color choice!

What location is that? Gorgeous photo!

Arwheiler Gate, you have to get all silvers in the AMG beginner special event to unlock it.

Levels and color toning are pretty much required to get a nice looking HDR. But few people seem to know that :P

HDR can be fantastic if tone mapping is kept in subtility as Moglet have used in this pic.

Well said!

Mellow!!! I need that on the wall in my bedroom - would make me feel great in the morning and in the evening as well :D Wonderful work Mog!

Last edited:
I've already got an SLR and shutter remote, it's just hiring the boom that would cost me. I have thought about it before though, it would be nice to shoot it before I have to get rid of it!

yeah, the boom is quite expensive indeed. are you getting rid of the car or the camera? by the way, great update with the ferrari there.
gt5 really comes to life with hdr. well done.

yeah, the boom is quite expensive indeed. are you getting rid of the car or the camera?

The car. I can't afford to keep it much longer, my girlfriend has said she will buy me a car (love her to bits for so much but this is the icing on the cake!) later this year, I'm putting some money towards it too and I'll hopefully be getting a 200-2001 Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec, depending on the prices 2nd hand. 👍

I've just spent ages going through your entire gallery, can't believe I missed it! Some really great work Moglet, the colours and tones of all your pictures are great and you capture the cars so well, you have a real talent with reflections and the cars are always placed well. Great stuff 👍

psst, broken link code! Looking forward to the rest of the guide! (Especially the tips & tricks section :D)

Also looking forward to your comp entry!

Thanks for the broken link, sorted it now 👍

The Tips and Tricks section is going to reveal quite a few things I've kept hidden for a while, I figure why not help everyone out? :)

geez, all of your shots are awesome, for real :dopey:
love the HDRs, I do prefer the subtle ones myself too!
check them out sometime and let me know what you, sir moglet, the god of gt photography, thinks :D

Back