The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
I agree. I own both the Fanatec PWTS and G27. Fanatec just feels so much better. As good as the G27 is it still just feels like a toy. No offense to you G27 owners but you can "feel" the gears in it. I tell people it's easy to test a fanatec. Go outside, get in your car and drive. Feel the steering wheel? Well you feel the Fanatec ;)

I prefer the G27 over Gt3 and I can feel the belt in the Fanatec wheel. Some of the FFB seem to be dampen by the belt. Both feel like toys compared to a real wheel. Now I heard that a $2700 wheel felt close to the real thing yet that's a little too expensive for me.

Last edited:
They probably won't ever do proper clutch support since it provides an advantage and makes online unbalanced since not everyone can afford an expensive wheel.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/Default.aspx

Thrustmaster showing an advert on their site for it. Not in product list yet though.

Looks pretty sexy!

Hmmmm,looks pretty good that wheel...

Am very interested in this wheel because my DFGT is showing signs of aging after 2 years of heavy use in Prologue... :scared:

Am particually interested to find out what FFB drive this wheel will have and all other features,and how it will messure up against the allready existing wheels on the market... 👍

Hope Thrustmaster will reveil the spec's soon.

spy.

Last edited:
that's all we have for now:
hratcj.jpg

:)

A Thurstmaster over a Logitech :S Polyphony have fallen very low....

Or.. Thristmaster has gotten back to the quality they had BEFORE Guillemot bought them.. Thrustmaster had the best wheels for consumers back in the 90's.. I think their F430 wheelw as the first sign to an extreme imprtovement. That wheel was already on par with the DFGT. I think the T500 can surpass it.

A Thurstmaster over a Logitech :S Polyphony have fallen very low....

You shouldn't say that unless you tried it. Obviously they have their reasons and if although all think Logitech is something special I can see they produced some crappy things like shifter for my G25 which constantly stays backwards when sequential and my steering wheel mounts are already broken and wheel mounted by multiple gum ropes. Why? They don't have those $5 spare parts in offer :nervous:

Who would prefer Thrustmaster over Logitech? Honestly...

Prejudices would do. But we don't know the quality of the whole overal product.
But guys, the DFGT also had it's flaws.
Very poor pedals with near to zero friction in them, no real flappy paddles, noise. I'm sure those 3 things are better on the Thrustmaster.. Since modern Thrustmaster pedals (since 2009) are pretty heavy and simply better thanDFGT's pedals. The T500RS has obviously flappy shifters, and I think it has a belt driven system which means less noise.

Am going to wait and see, My friend had a Thrustmaster he used back when GP4 came out and it was great. We will see what they bring.

To be honest it mostly depends on the pedals.

Interesting... Wheel looks pretty clean and neat.. hopefully it performs well too, because my DFP is getting old... :P

Am going to wait and see, My friend had a Thrustmaster he used back when GP4 came out and it was great. We will see what they bring.

To be honest it mostly depends on the pedals.

Thrustmaster has great pedals since a couple of years. They easily beat trhe Logitechs, except the G25 and G27. They're quite heavy (which was always the probvlem in the past) and they've a nice feeling to them.. All their wheels use the same pedals. So if you buy a Ferrario Experience wheel €50 or a F430 €100 the pedals are internally the same. So apparently they're also quite cheap to manufacture

You shouldn't say that unless you tried it. Obviously they have their reasons and if although all think Logitech is something special I can see they produced some crappy things like shifter for my G25 which constantly stays backwards when sequential and my steering wheel mounts are already broken and wheel mounted by multiple gum ropes. Why? They don't have those $5 spare parts in offer :nervous:

as in backwards: do you mean pull back to shift up, or something else? I'm not familiar with the G25 shifter because i only have a G27 :guilty:
If that IS what you mean, then that is proper sequential shifting.

Maybe it is time to find a wheel to replace my G27 and DFGT. Let me know how it is (@ anyone who buys it).

t.o.
I agree. I own both the Fanatec PWTS and G27. Fanatec just feels so much better. As good as the G27 is it still just feels like a toy. No offense to you G27 owners but you can "feel" the gears in it. I tell people it's easy to test a fanatec. Go outside, get in your car and drive. Feel the steering wheel? Well you feel the Fanatec

Umm, excuse me? The G27 is smooth as butter. I can't feel a single gear in it. I get a click when shifting from left side of rotation to right side, but that's normal. (more like a solid thunk you hear when the wheel hits the lock on teh cheapo logitech wheels)

You must have either bought a faulty G27 or a used one.
It's easy for me to test my G27. My car's steering isn't anywhere near as smooth as my G27's and the car has power steering!

What's even worse is I can brake more precisely on my G27 than my real car because my G27's brake pedal is stiffer.

Seriously. The audacity some people have. . .

On another note: I AM thinking about buying some seriously expensive sim gear in the next year or 2. $700 CST pedals, anyone? Maybe I'll get an ECCI or FREX wheel as well, and ill spend more money on getting CST shifters when those come out. (Todd is working on some nice true Force Feedback Shifters). BUT, that was a completely random note :lol:

Last edited:
Thrustmaster has great pedals since a couple of years. They easily beat trhe Logitechs, except the G25 and G27. They're quite heavy (which was always the probvlem in the past) and they've a nice feeling to them.. All their wheels use the same pedals. So if you buy a Ferrario Experience wheel €50 or a F430 €100 the pedals are internally the same. So apparently they're also quite cheap to manufacture

This wheel is likely going to have to compete with G27 and GT3RS for me to buy it so it better have great pedals!

as in backwards: do you mean pull back to shift up, or something else? I'm not familiar with the G25 shifter because i only have a G27 :guilty:
If that IS what you mean, then that is proper sequential shifting.

Maybe it is time to find a wheel to replace my G27 and DFGT. Let me know how it is (@ anyone who buys it).

I think I should be able to have a review edition here soon. Will tell it then.

saw yesterday a banner on thrustmaster's website about the new wheel some talked about. didn't find more up to now but would like to.. something else around ?

Well... Seeing as now a bunch of people will upgrade: WTB G25/G27!!! :)

It looks awesome, but I probably wont be able to afford one (Australia's wheels are EXPENSIVE, a G27 here costs $600!!!)

Who says it's going to be a G27-level wheel?
Are we sure it's not really going to compete with the DFGT, maybe improving it in some aspects, but not extraordinarily so?

Who says it's going to be a G27-level wheel?
Are we sure it's not really going to compete with the DFGT, maybe improving it in some aspects, but not extraordinarily so?

Since both Logitech and Fanatec are doing extraordinary sales with their premium range (G-line and ClubSport line) I would really like to see a new contender in the that line.

Also, T500RS web says "The Ultimate Racing Wheel".

And Kazunori yesterday Tweeted this:

Polyphony Digital continues to work on fully supporting the Logitech G25 and G27, though Yamauchi admits he would like a “new steering device soon”…

https://www.gtplanet.net/yamauchi-on-gt5s-mechanical-damage-updates-more

I don't know what to think, but count me very interested to see what will happen here.

Who would prefer Thrustmaster over Logitech? Honestly...

Well, if the wheel is gonna be design internally by PD, than you may be assured that the wheel is gonna be top quality. I had g25 and DF GT, the former was not produced by PD the later was, and honesly I like DF GT more although its much more cheaper.

Nice, wanted to buy an G27 but now I think I´m gonna wait a bit... The G27 price has nearly doubled from 220€ to 370€ (Amazon) in Germany...

Well, if the wheel is gonna be design internally by PD, than you may be assured that the wheel is gonna be top quality. I had g25 and DF GT, the former was not produced by PD the later was, and honesly I like DF GT more although its much more cheaper.

The DFGT was never produced by PD. Maybe they had some influence what the wheel looked like, but no more than that.

It looks quite high spec in that flash advert, i'm really interested to see if they will have a shifter unit. If it did i'd probably go for that (price dependant) over the G series

The old Thrustmasters were very good for their time, I mean like 15 years ago. Still remember moving two red buttons to the backside of the steering wheel and using them to shift, no flappy paddles in those days...

I'm curious if this one is an alternative for the DFGT or that they're aiming at the G25/G27 or Fanatec. Would love it if they could return to their old level of quality / image, would be good for the competition with Logitech and Fanatec as well I think. Keep them sharp :-)

Last edited:
Back