Eiger - Alfa C8 - GOLD?

Anyone?

Reminds me of M3 Eiger challenge in Prologue.

Pain in the ass.

This is killing me. I really have no idea how to get it.

I watched some videos, I saw someone getting gold with 1.15.4xx

On first attempt.

Using G25 and all assists OFF. Wasn't that hard either, so ... Okay, I did manage to rub of another car in that first corner melee and got away with it, but other than that, there was nothing special.

Just take other line, as AI. They tend to drive on the ideal line and brake very early. Simply move to outside and drive arround them. If you try and outbrake them on inside, you'll surely hit one and will be disqualified. Good luck!

On first attempt.

Using G25 and all assists OFF. Wasn't that hard either, so ... Okay, I did manage to rub of another car in that first corner melee and got away with it, but other than that, there was nothing special.

Just take other line, as AI. They tend to drive on the ideal line and brake very early. Simply move to outside and drive arround them. If you try and outbrake them on inside, you'll surely hit one and will be disqualified. Good luck!

I think he's referring to one of the races in the 'Grand Tour' special event without any AI cars where you must do a 1-lap time trial.. been stuck there as well, got a silver but can't get below the 1:18's..

Anyone?

Reminds me of M3 Eiger challenge in Prologue.

Pain in the ass.

This is killing me. I really have no idea how to get it.

I watched some videos, I saw someone getting gold with 1.15.4xx

Except the Eiger challenge in Prologue was easier. This Alfa one's ludicrous.

That was a tough one and really fun, I just kept at it and I eventually got it. Once I remembered everything I learned from chasing ghost cars around there in GT5P, I started to get there. Just make sure you're setting yourself up through turn 1 so that you get a good exit from turn 2, the same for turns 3 and 4. Getting right up on the dirt on the inside helps steer the car through the hairpins better too. For the long right hander, as tempting as it is, don't let the car slide. Through the S section after the tunnel, I think I only slightly braked and went through in 4th gear. I don't really have anything for the final section, that was a bit of a hit or miss for me, just don't try to go too fast.

I think he's referring to one of the races in the 'Grand Tour' special event without any AI cars where you must do a 1-lap time trial.. been stuck there as well, got a silver but can't get below the 1:18's..

Oh ... Snap ...

I got things mixed up. I golded that one too ... quickly ...

I settled for bronze on the fourth run.

God I hate Eiger, just doesn't appeal to me in a high performance car like the 8c.

+I play with a ds3 and throttle control may as well be satan.

I love eiger, but i cant go under 1.18.5 with my ds3.
Will try with driving aids tonight.

it really is difficult. but the lambo in the dark is worse :(

Hug the inside in turn 1, do not accelerate one you see turn 2, complete the turn fully, then do a late apex in turn 2 and accelerate down towards turn three. A good exit from turn 2 is vital. In turn three, same approach as in turn 1, hug the inside, then get a good run out of turn 4. Start braking where the braking line indicates you should, and stay on the inside of turn 5 and judge by feel when you can start accelerating out of it. Try to stay above 85 kmh in this corner. A clean exit here is v. important.

Up towards the bend turn 6, really just touch the brakes, and let the car slide through the little bend, doing it right, you should have kept your exit speed above 134 kmh. Don't floor the pedal, but apply pressure gently but firm after the corner. If you floor it once you're out of this corner it's easy to spin out.

Turn 7 and 8 has to be done by feel. Brake late, just before the runoff marbles on the left hand side and try to keep around 80 kmh. Do not accelerate hard, just keep a gentle throttle untill you can see a clean exit. Running wide in turn 8 costs a lot of time.

I had a hard time doing this cause I was never able to get a perfect run. Once I did however I beat the time by .3.

Where I improved most was in the first sectors, its' really important to do them fast. When you get to the bridge, the timer should be below 34 secounds. Once you are able to do that, just hope you don't mess the lap up on the remaining turns :P

It's hard, but doable.

I've got gold on this event yesterday after 2 hours, it's the hardest event I've found in the game by now, maybe because I don't like Eiger very much. Anyway, that's my tips for that event :
If you use a Wheel, don't turn it more than 90-100 degrees when doing the first 5 turns. The angle of the turns makes you think that you need a lot of steering angle to do them quickly, but I found that if you don't turn so much the wheel, you can easily gain 0,8 - 1,2 sec in the first part of the circuit. The key here is to anticipate the brake and turn this way I've explained. If you trespass the beige bridge under 35 sec, you have a big chance to get that 1:16:9xx that you need. The second part of the track is pretty easy, the key is in the first part :)

After almost one hour, Im still with bronze... I really dont think that Im able to run 2 seconds lower in this lap..

Very difficult..

Am having a hard time with this as well, gotten silver, last time was .300 behind the gold mark, so far i've put this event on hold.

Im getting to the bridge in 34 secs but the 5th corner is killing me! 1:17.255 now..

You're getting on the bridge or leaving the bridge at 34 secs? When I've done 1:16:886 I was leaving the bridge at 34,7xx

Unless you're a bit of an Eiger expert this event can be tricky as the Alfa has some terrible handling issues... BIG understeer on the way in to corners and BIG oversteer on the way out.

Tips...

You must not try and push the car too hard on the way in to the turns... get the entry speed right and focus on getting a fast, smooth exit. If your car is still understeering at the apex you will oversteer as soon as you get back on the throttle.

On the exit, get the steering lock wound off as soon as possible... the less lock you have on the more throttle you'll be able to use.

Keep it neat through the first sector.

Concentrate on exit speed from the long right hander at the bottom of the hill... the earlier and faster you can get on full throttle the better.

Brake gently and smoothly for the final turn, let the car run in to the 2nd apex on a trailing throttle. Use 3rd gear for the final turn.

This car also feel like it might help to use a quick change to 1st to help entry for some of the hairpins in sector 1... though this is not absolutely needed to gold the event.

Good luck 👍

I'm getting on at 34 secs, leaving about 35.4 secs.

1:17.126 now. I can't give up!

That means that you are doing the second part better than me, but you lose a lot in the first part. This took me about two hours to understand how to do the first part, if you're using a wheel, my advice is to try not to steer more than 90-100 degrees when doing the first 4 turns, this helped me a lot. Don't give up mate, you're close to the goal! :sly:

Is the car's setup that wonky? I used the C8 in S-8 License test and it handled perfectly while here it seemed like all it wanted to do was oversteer into a spin.

I got gold here on my 4th or 5th lap. I got somewhere in the 1:16.7 or 1:16.8 range. I think a low 1:16, if not a 1:16 flat is attainable. After doing the GT5P M3 event with professional physics and no driver aids (except abs:1), I didn't think this was nearly as hard.

Others have put some good tips out there, but I'll write up my lap. Driver aids - ABS:1, everything else off.

T1 - brake hard, stay in relatively close, and apex super late. You want to be most of the way track-right when exiting. If you track out to the left, you ruined it - next time through brake more and turn later.

T1 to T2 - when exiting T1, you will NOT be able to get full on the gas. The car is simply too unsettled (if you are carrying any sort of speed). Just use a little gas to keep the back end settled, and take a tight entry into T2. The proper racing line would be to stay wide and turn in later, but this can be taken almost like a double apex to cut off distance. Since you can't carry much more speed anyway, and the tight entry doesn't kill your exit speed, it's ok to head right for the first apex.

T2 - after you enter tight to the left, do not let the car drive out mid-corner more than a car-width from the inside. Keep the speeds low and gently rotate the car until you can just about eye the track-out point to the right. The "second" apex needs to be late, and you need to ease into the throttle down the hill. Floor it too quickly and you will fishtail (slower).

T3 - Similar concept to T1, but more banking and a wider turn. Make sure not to cheat on turn-in, and use all the track available to the left (there is a kink in the track, so you can't use literally ALL the track). Again apex super late, and if you track out left, you will ruin one of the longer straights on the track.

T4/T5 - Enter this turn about midway, and be SUPER smooth. Minimal sliding through here is fastest. If you slide, you will have to wait until the car is settled before getting on the gas. It's downhill, but the banking will help. Make sure to hit both the inside apex on the left, and then again on the right.

T6 - Others have said to slide through here, but I don't think that's fastest. The key here is to start far left, and gently work the car in to a very late apex. If you truly apex late enough, you should be able to get all the power down by the exit. If you hit the wall, you apexed too early. If you are fishtailing, you weren't smooth enough on the power and/or didn't apex late enough.

Tunnel - be very smooth through the tunnel, it can be easy to upset the car.

T8 (turn after tunnel) - easy on the brake here, you don't need to slow down too much. Again, make sure not to track out too much to the left. You need to stay track-right or mid track so you can stay on the power through T9.

Last turn - now you head through a strange, uphill braking zone and a sweeping double-apex turn that swings back down to the right with start/finish around the bend to the left. Brake hard and in a straight line. You will want to tweak the braking point here - the key is to clip the first apex on the right as you are braking, and continue past this apex (not too far off the track) to line up for the downhill right hand apex. This 2nd apex is more important. If you did it right (tracked out far enough, turned in late enough) you should be able to accelerate through this point and be flat on the throttle around the last slight left bend into start/finish.

There are really 2 themes with this event - easy on the power and late apexes. You really need to think 2, maybe 3 corners ahead. It's one thing to take T1 as fast as possible, but then you will ruin T2 and the short downhill straight. As far as right foot smoothness on the power, my first lap was probably a 1:19x - I didn't change much with the line between the attempts (just minor tweaks), the biggest difference was minimizing spinning the tires coming out of corners.

I hope this helps...good luck.

I'm at 1:17.125 or something like that. It was late at night last night already so I just wanted to finish the tour. It seems do-able. If anything the Rally time trial in the tour is alot harder. I'm like 2 seconds off the gold time on that one.

Ok, what about settings?

I used Tc=0 and Abs 1 and Tc=0 and Abs 10 ... no difference actually ... or is it?

I got 1.17.100 :(

TC=0, ABS=1 Steering Aid = off

If you can be leaving the first bridge at 35 secs dead you should be close. Then just get a good exit of the long right bend so you hit the tunnel at 80mph and 50 secs.

I enter the tunnel at 50sec but obviously something goes wrong ...

I analyzed video of mine and video of the dude with 1.15.4xx and realized I lose 1 sec in first section (before bridge).

I love Eiger. I hate this particular challenge. My best still has me just under one second from achieving silver. I'll hit this one again in a few days and try to apply the tips from the gold earners.

Back