GTP Members in a Reasonably Priced Car (resuming updates)

Soulless_Vessel
Soullessvessel
Our reasonably priced car

311otn9.jpg

2007 Suzuki Swift Sport
Price: $16,300
Engine: 1.6 liter naturally-aspirated DOHC VVT 4-cylinder
Horsepower: 119 @ 7000 RPM
Torque: 105ft-lb @ 5000 RPM
Weight 1060kg (2337lbs)

14ig3eh.jpg

Rules and Regulations.

Car: Suzuki Swift Sport 2007.
Track: Top Gear Test Track.
Other: Manual-standing-start (see below)
Assists: Everything off, ABS 1, brake balance standard, Grip redux on track edge on real.
Modifications: None (Stock car)
Transmission: Manual.
View: Cockpit.
Tires: Stock.
Controller Method: Controller or Wheel (Please state in your time which you use. will be separate boards for controller, wheel with stick, and wheel with paddle/sequential)
Timer: The time must be valid, eg no red timers for cutting corners, hitting barriers.
Verification:If you post an insanely fast time photographic proof would be appreciated.
Oil: Please do oil change after you buy the car since there is a hp increase, and then do them as they are needed.

Starts

As I'm sure your aware for some reason the TG track is a rolling start, but it gives plenty of time to get up to the line. Our starting position will be here.

2nrn2ie.jpg

This will be your view from bumper cam

ejbwhl.jpg

Simply come to a complete stop lining the black mark on the track up with the bottom of your screen.

There is no limit to the amount of times you post, i'll just take your fastest time.
I'll keep editing this post with lap times whenever they appear.
Lastly please post your control method each time you post, and for g25/7 users please state the shifting method.

Controller Laptimes
  1. Greyfox 1:36.274
  2. Skyline49 1:36.301
  3. Jay. 1:37.584
  4. matrix7 1:36:733
  5. Captin Slovv 1:38.447
  6. Whiterice87 1:38.803
  7. Daphaos 1:38.858
  8. Fatkev 1.39.237
  9. Soullessvessel 1:39.942

Paddle/Sequential Laptimes
  1. Megadarren 1:35.142
  2. Mr Rice 1:35.954
  3. Roundhead 1:37.471
  4. Soullessvessel 1:37.494
  5. wordhomiegdog 1:38:230
  6. JackC8 1:38.428
  7. garbuckle 1:38.581
  8. Mike712 1.38.917

Gate Shifter Laptimes
  1. DeathJesta 1:37.535
  2. Amanaman 1:38.279

Last edited:
Cool idea. I'll be sure to give this a run tonight, after I buy the Swift.

update:

1:38.021 is my first submission.
dfgt sequential shift

Last edited:
I've bought one :-D Can we give it an oil change?

Arcade mode TT or GT life practise mode TT?
How can it be proven which view was used? (Unenforcable regulation)

sorry for the questions ;-)

After a little practice (never drove manual before), I got 1:39.776 using my logitech MOMO wheel (paddle shifters).

Gonna try for a better time :)

EDIT: Got it down to 1:39.104. I'm sure there's more room for play there, as I haven't quite found the right line for the last two corners (Gambon) :)

Last edited:
Honestly just make it a rolling start, it makes the competition a lot simpler.

It's no fun having to stop/restart/line up every time you attempt a lap.

Mods please make this a sticky thread :) will do this tomorrow and are you allowed unlimited oil changes?

Do 1 initially and then as the car gets crappy condition oil change it, but that's it.

Managed 1.38.917 so far, All driving aids turned off(except ABS set to 1 since the car IRL has ABS)

I use a G25

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Recon I can shave 3-4 seconds with some practice.
Were you using the gate shifter? or paddles?

Honestly just make it a rolling start, it makes the competition a lot simpler.

It's no fun having to stop/restart/line up every time you attempt a lap.
Standing stays.

How do I get to the top gear track outside of Special Events? I don't see it in practice or arcade?

You have to bronze the Elise special event.

@SlipZtrEm, they are two different things (albeit with the same name), this is about a specific car going round for everybody. The other one is about getting noticeable members to give an interview and a lap.

OK, here's my official fastest time (not that it makes a lick of difference for the moment)

1:38.581

[edit: control was the same, MOMO wheel with paddle shifters]

laptime.jpg

Awesome to see someone has done this... I tried a while back, but it told me I had to make 100 posts first. :(

Does anyone know if there's a way to save ghost laps to upload for other people to use?

i twould be quite interesting to see 16 ghosts at once, to see the different lines people take. :)

How do I get to the top gear track outside of Special Events? I don't see it in practice or arcade?

You need to get Gold on the Kombi Van event to access it outside the event.

Did you miss that this thread was started before that one?

Because that is the first week of Joey's SIARPC interviews? Because his original thread started literally years ago? Is that what you're trying to get at? Or is this still tied to a problem you apparently have with the staff here?

If this is indeed something different, I fully recommend a name change, then.

Well..thats what this is..a name change just makes it something entirely unrelated to what the thread is about, and yes it is different as stated this is something for everyone to join in and have fun with, why do all technicalities need to come into it, we are just trying to have fun. 👎

Because that is the first week of Joey's SIARPC interviews? Because his original thread started literally years ago? Is that what you're trying to get at? Or is this still tied to a problem you apparently have with the staff here?

If this is indeed something different, I fully recommend a name change, then.

I can only go by the facts you presented to me. You presented to me two threads, of which this one was made first.

You should have posted a link to the much older, original thread if you were trying to make a point.

I'm not saying yours isn't valid, rather that I can only go by what you present me with.

Back