Magic Oil

• Thread starter BKViper
  • 8 comments
bkviper
I bought a Zonda R with 0 miles on it. It was listed in the garage at 715hp.
Even though it had no mileage, it was from the used car lot, so I decided to see if it would let me do an oil change, because I'm trading it to a guy and I like my trades to go in tip top shape.
It let me do the oil change and when I went back to the garage it now has 751hp!
36hp from OIL? :boggled:
Was the oil infused with Nitro Methane? :lol:
Best 250cr ever spent.
Never underestimate the value of an oil change in this game.

What is the biggest gain you ever saw from an oil change?

I ran my car for about 75-100 races without getting an oil change and ended up getting back ~80hp. Wasn't stock from the shop as you said.

it's not a trick. cars do degrade in performance with old oil. it just seems insignificant for everyday driving (and regular drivers) since it's not that much, and you wouldn't really notice a loss of a few horsepower unless you have it dyno-ed. plus, racing cars and engine are put into much greater stress than the average car.

Somewhere in the GT4 forums there's a thread in which a guy tested the effects of oil changes on a Nissan R390. It seems that oil changes have the same effect in GT5. This is the chart.
R390-OilChanges.gif

does "well oiled" mean multiple oil changes after he bought the car? and I presume, "New+Oil" was a single oil change after he bought the car?

Well oiled = oil changed at each point.
New + oil = Single oil change straight after buying new.
Stock = Bought new and never had oil changed.
Used + oil = Single oil change straight after buying used.

Back